• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 149 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He did a "morning ride" with 5500 meters of climbing

FU5msFfXEAAUGbP

Wow, Pogi is doing some serious calories burning. From the map I can see that he did Stelvio, Gavia, Bormio2000, Foscagno and Eira. 5.5 km of climbing, this is sick. Soon we will see the effects of such a long stay in the mountains (1 month including recons). Interestingly for a month he posted nothing on Strava (even from Mortirolo) despite intense training : there are two possible reasons - either his form was very poor or...the opposite.

Last edited:
Pogi had 100+ strava achievements during one "morning ride" o_O He really simulated race conditions there with a huge acceleration reaching 1930 of VAM for a dozen or so minutes.
BTW I did nearly the same distance as Pog today but not in freaking Alps and it wasn't a "morning ride" for me :tearsofjoy:

I cycled Stelvio, Gavia and Bormio 2000 in September. Pretty cool to know the reigning TDF champ was on those same roads. Wonder if he could have matched my pace…of beer drinking at each summit.

These roads are so iconic that all big champions were there including Merckx, Hinault and Coppi. BTW I wouldn't dare drink before those descends :p I don't do it when mountain trekking as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98 and Lequack
How is Pogacar's TdF squad going to look like? Hirschi/McNulty/Soler/Bennett/Majka for the hills/mountains and Laengen/Bjerg/Trentin for the flats? I know that thats 1 guy too many already but who is confirmed/who not? In case of fire power in the mountains this looks less weak than previously.

Pog isn't even 24 yet, about to win 3 TDFs in a row. I, too, fear this one (2022) is going to be even more of a blowout than the last one. Still, one must enjoy the show. Like watching Michael Jordan, Lionel Messi, Tom Brady, . . . even, dare I say, Eddy Merckx?

We will see, I think that, GC-wise, the Tour will be way more interesting than in 2021 because both Primoz&Jonas will be there. As for the rest of your post, yeah, definitely we are witnessing someone special.

How is Pogacar's TdF squad going to look like? Hirschi/McNulty/Soler/Bennett/Majka for the hills/mountains and Laengen/Bjerg/Trentin for the flats? I know that thats 1 guy too many already but who is confirmed/who not? In case of fire power in the mountains this looks less weak than previously.
If it was me picking I would go:
Pogacar
Majka/McNulty/Soler/Bennett/Hirschi
Bjerg/Kristoff/Trentin

I know that is 9 riders so would leave out either Bennett or Trentin.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan