• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 154 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
But something less than a year before he won the 2020 TdF? I get memed for being bad with numbers, but even I am aware of the fact that February 2019 is more than 12 months before September 2020.
I thought you were refering to "big win" as in a pro. Prior to that he won Tour d'Avenir, which is the biggest under 23 race probably. I also remember an anecdote about him as a junior racing in the senior category in an important amateur race in Slovenia, where an old dog talent scout showed up towards the end and was taken on the course in the race commissioner's car. Aproaching the break of 5-6 riders and then looking back through the rear mirror he saw a young Pogacar arriving. At the time Tadej was several years younger than the competion, physically he looked like an adolescent boy (even moreso than now). The talent scout said, "Hey, whose this little fella approaching from behind?" "His name is Pogacar, Tadej Pogacar," they responded." "Well, then," the talent scout said, "we must allow the young wipper snapper to catch the break!" "Catch the break?" they responded, "He's about to lap them!"

That's when I began to think he might be a genetic freak.

Last edited:
This forum is losing people. Guys like pistolero, ryo, rj williams, taxus were pure trolls who brought a lot of controversy and discussion to this forum. When mods ban guys like these constantly, of course posts will reduce. I really think trolls are important sometimes even if we have to read posts from Taxus, saying Contador is not a pure climber and Landa is better than him...

WTF.

Ok, after reading the aricle, it's less gruesome than i feared. The mother, who is part of a cult movement, has taken her daughter with her. The father doesn't know where they are.

It's still a total WTF.

Who are these "cultists"? Why did Melisa Smrekar get a name change from Nataša Brumen? How can a 10 year old be 'indoctrinated' into a cult?

I mean everyone has their own brand of family drama but this one is definitely crazy.

Reactions: Sandisfan
It's still a total WTF.

Who are these "cultists"? Why did Melisa Smrekar get a name change from Nataša Brumen? How can a 10 year old be 'indoctrinated' into a cult?

I mean everyone has their own brand of family drama but this one is definitely crazy.
Still a total WTF but like i said, less gruesome. When a 10 year old goes missing for months, there is generally a slim chance at best to find her alive again. I think the odds of finding her in good health are at least much better in this case.

This forum is losing people. Guys like pistolero, ryo, rj williams, taxus were pure trolls who brought a lot of controversy and discussion to this forum. When mods ban guys like these constantly, of course posts will reduce. I really think trolls are important sometimes even if we have to read posts from Taxus, saying Contador is not a pure climber and Landa is better than him...
I agree with some that but why did you post it in this Pogacar thread?

Ryo? LOL, didn’t he drop off after Cadel “can’t climb” Evans humiliated him in the 2011 TdF? You have a long memory but Ryo was certainly good for a laugh.

If the forum is losing people it’s not for the reason you state.

Edit: Sorry I forgot this was the Pogacar thread:)

Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS