• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 233 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Pogačar smiled when it was put to him that he had never won a one-day race when both Van Aert and Van der Poel had started. “It’s not unusual, they also didn’t win a Grand Tour where we all started,” he shrugged.

Good response! Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he has ever won a one-day race when MVP started. Their H2H in such races is really bad for Pog, MVP is his boogie man (it's also because MVP skips those more hilly classics).

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98 and Sandisfan
Good response! Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think he has ever won a one-day race when MVP started. Their H2H in such races is really bad for Pog, MVP is his boogie man (it's also because MVP skips those more hilly classics).
The ledger would be a lot more even if MVDP as like Pogacar in going for races out of his comfort zone by doing the Italian fall classics that he could potentially be a contender in some but struggle to hold with the amount of climbing in Lombardia.

When people were mocking his cyclocross attempts I was like, This is why he is the greatest. He puts himself out there time and time again. Across stages in GTs, for the GC, on the cobbles. Absolute courage and conviction backed by all-timer legs. The best all-around cyclist of the modern era, IMO, even if he doesn’t win 6 or 7 Tours.

Last edited:
Under 10°C you said? The long night is coming Jumbobots.

FixedRightIbisbill-size_restricted.gif

TRENDING THREADS