• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 277 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He still has another month and these injuries can often be like an illness where all the sudden you get over the hump and are feeling good again. I had a foot surgery once where I had to wait an extra few weeks to start walking due to pain but then it turned a corner and pretty much felt normal out of nowhere.

If he’s already largely training at full intensity and has 4 more weeks, bonus second sprints are the main concern at this point. Obviously it could not heal properly but the worry is a bit exaggerated.

Stages 1 and 2 of the Tour will be a good enough test to see how explosive Pogacar is given his issues. The Skeletor himself can perform such a test.
Why not, eh?
Rog has good chances to win Slovenian TT, but i think he doesnt care with olympic gold.
At start of the Tour, there will be a lot of fresh riders and teams to take yellow, it will be hard to put such pressure.

Stages 1 and 2 of the Tour will be a good enough test to see how explosive Pogacar is given his issues. The Skeletor himself can perform such a test.
Stages 1 and 2 is probably where Pog can push through either way, even if he has minor pain. It is early in the race. It is probably at the end of the first week or right after the first rest day, where he would be in the most pain if the wrist is still an issue.

But why say anything then? Silence is the worst adversary.
Well if his intention is to make his opponents relax, have his friends get a good betting odds on his victory and fly under the radar in general then showing a lot of photos of his injured arm, saying he can't get out of saddle or sprint while maintaining the optimism he's going to be ready come the Tour (just to avoid being too obvious) would be one way to achieve that.:)

Well if his intention is to make his opponents relax, have his friends get a good betting odds on his victory and fly under the radar in general then showing a lot of photos of his injured arm, saying he can't get out of saddle or sprint while maintaining the optimism he's going to be ready come the Tour (just to avoid being too obvious) would be one way to achieve that.:)
How devious.

I feel like this is just wishful thinking, that they are this calculated.

I think they are probably just unsure if the preparation that they have done is gonna be enough, hence the articles/updates is what it is. Neither here nor there atm.

They, just like us, wont know until the racing is underway and Pog/Vingegaard starts to test themselves against each other.

Reactions: Lui98
Pogacar fans....don't worry about him. He will be fine in the tour. Check his strava, he is already doing great.

Fx9MGFkWAAAAKUK
Fx9V4i_WwAAupKg

I gave you the good news pogacar fans. Now it's time to give you the bad news....even a healthy pogacar at 100% will not be enough to beat vingegaard.
As a fan who was more often than not on the receiving end of Pog’s spanking I’m warning you - this guy does things you would never imagine possible… I wouldn’t bet a cent against him.

The entire premise of Vinge’s perceived dominance rests on the fact he was less bad in P-N this year than he was in Tirreno last year. As for TDF last year, Pog had a team of three in the end. I doubt Vinge is gonna get as lucky twice in a row.

I actually think that he has a better chance now than before the crash. Last year he was clearly inferior to JV and I don't buy that Rog made that much difference, JV had to follow those attacks as well.
But I think that was because of how Pog rides, some rest and specific training after his insane spring is probably for the best.

If his wrist is 100% then in theory it's possible that a longer break followed by a good training will result in a super strong performance (and freshness throughout the whole race). The main question mark is his wrist condition at the Tour though (and if there's enough of high-quality training before the race).

Healthy and in 100% form Pog wins Vinge any time in a 3 week long GT (and 1 week long, and one day long and,...). Vinge had incredible luck last year. Pog was gaining seconds on Vinge day after day. Then Rog crashed and JV used him for bait so Pogačar burned out trying to fight Rog and Vinge at the same time. This won't happen again. There is no Rog. Just one on one.

Healthy and in 100% form Pog wins Vinge any time in a 3 week long GT (and 1 week long, and one day long and,...). Vinge had incredible luck last year. Pog was gaining seconds on Vinge day after day. Then Rog crashed and JV used him for bait so Pogačar burned out trying to fight Rog and Vinge at the same time. This won't happen again. There is no Rog. Just one on one.

Lol. I don't like Vingegaard but this take is just pure crap and delusion.

TRENDING THREADS