• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 559 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Some guys on this thread should calm down. Pogi is just not at his absolute peak form this giro and he doesn't need to. If he was on his last years tour stage 6 onwards form he would take close to a minute today. Its understandable from the teams decision to build into this giro and peak for the tour.

Part of his reason for wanting to be in pink the whole Giro is probably because he’s so used to being interviewed and putting on special jerseys every day that it would throw him off his rhythm otherwise. Wonder if anyone has any stats on number of days he’s spent in leader or youth/KOM jersey vs regular team jersey in GTs.

Reactions: jmdirt
Where do you see hate of Indurain?
Indurain was before my time I dont have anything bad to say about him. Believe you and me have shared our opinions on this before. If you think Indurain was better than Pog thats fine I cant say your wrong Indurain is also for me still a greater rider in terms of greatness for me too I just dont believe anyone been better whatever you and me believe in that regard doesnt matter you entitled to believe Indurain and you might be right too. Personally I dont think anyone from that era would stand a chance today its like for me saying thechnology doesnt evolve and believe it. But then again someone still dont use smart phones to this day cause in their mind the old one is better :tearsofjoy: cant please em all.

I dont see any hate just my bad typing while walking to my boat on the way home, just stated as if it was ppl should instead enjoy it if anything for themself - cause they most likely wont see anything like it again in cycling for us was all I dont see any hate for Indurain or Pog, that would be really odd unless they sleept with someone wifes in that case its valid if not its very very strange and also very sad for them and not anyone else to be totally honest.

Last edited:
haha imagine thinking guys from that age is better cycling and athletes than today with everything these guys has of science and data :tearsofjoy: Comparing cycling back then to today you can do that if you wont its not really interesting for me at all as its crazy talk and a disservice to a great legend like Indurain and not sure your emotionally mature enuogh to difference best and greatness.. But some ppl also believe the earth is flat and like to genuinly discuss that.

Excuse me if I take Geraint Thomas and Gilbert words and thoughts more serious than i do yours :)
Indurain was faster than Pogi is. He was a better rider.

For greatness, Merckx is of course alone at the top.

If you don't want to compare riders across eras, it doesn't make much sense to start off with proclaiming the superiority over all other times.

Reactions: topcat
haha imagine thinking guys from that age is better cycling and athletes than today with everything these guys has of science and data :tearsofjoy: Comparing cycling back then to today you can do that if you wont its not really interesting for me at all as its crazy talk and a disservice to a great legend like Indurain and not sure your emotionally mature enuogh to difference best and greatness.. But some ppl also believe the earth is flat and like to genuinly discuss that.

Excuse me if I take Geraint Thomas and Gilbert words and thoughts more serious than i do yours :)
BTW, if the science and data is so good today, why was he closer to the time of Dumoulin than Pantani on the climb?

• Haha
Reactions: jmdirt
Just Pog things

GM1a6JnXoAAQ7lY

GM1hDzIXUAAfCGY