• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 589 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Unbelievable climbing. He needs to dial it back now and save for the Tour. If he can bring this level to the Tour, I can’t see who can beat him. Remco shouldn’t take much in ITTs, Roglic’s best hope is to hang onto his wheel and out kick him here and there, but he’s never done anything like this to any field that I’m aware of. Vingegaard won’t be able to ride with him if he isn’t 100%.

Last edited:
One thing I was starting to wonder is, if Mercx GT stage win record might actually be achievable for him. Today puts Pogacar at 18 (equaling Peter Sagan btw) while Mercx has 64. So this is obviously a record he would have to achieve by extreme longevity, but if he can win around 4 stages per GT, he will "only" be about 11 GTs away after this Giro. If he starts doing multiple GTs per year I don't think that record is out of the question.

One thing I was starting to wonder is, if Mercx GT stage win record might actually be achievable for him. Today puts Pogacar at 18 (equaling Peter Sagan btw) while Mercx has 64. So this is obviously a record he would have to achieve by extreme longevity, but if he can win around 4 stages per GT, he will "only" be about 11 GTs away after this Giro. If he starts doing multiple GTs per year I don't think that record is out of the question.

I think he does not care about the records. But he likes to win and if he starts riding double GT's every year this number is doable. It just depends if he will start with this as he just loves 1 day racing.