• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 607 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Currently at UAE altitude camp is Sivakov, Politt, Almeida, Wellens, Ayuso and Yates. They had more provisional riders on the list than this so I wonder if they have already decided on the team?

Pog is going to altitude with Urska when she is back from racing in Spain and not sure who else will joint them there.

Currently at UAE altitude camp is Sivakov, Politt, Almeida, Wellens, Ayuso and Yates. They had more provisional riders on the list than this so I wonder if they have already decided on the team?

Pog is going to altitude with Urska when she is back from racing in Spain and not sure who else will joint them there.
Looks like Soler has already started with solerisem. :)

Now one week left of my holiday in the mediterranean sea with my new boat, im high on life nothing is like summer time it really isnt, I just seen the giro a few bits and gotten the hang of a certain stages, the livigno stage for instance woooow, last one too..

Big congratz to Pogacar on his giro win. And what a fashion of display too. Its hardly surprising tho for everyone objective about this, is it, he was unbeatable for everyone last year before he broke his wrist and lost training/prep too, hes clearly leagues above everyone its not hard to understand its as common sense as it can go by now. He even beat mvdp at flandern even tho he is the one wherever it is closest to beating him if hes 100% for sure... Vingegaard was chanceless in the mountains in PN just like everytime else when hes 100% and not hurt or not 100% hes still a great rider in GT so danish ppl dont get mad over nothing, I love vingegaard hes a awesome rider one he really is one thing doesnt have to mean the other.. then he hurt himself then obv everyone can battle him not only vinge but roglic, evnepoel etc too thats just basic logic when hes not 100%. Everyone knew before the tour, sean kelly even said it its impossible for him to go on 3 weeks with that prep long before it started its not science (but just cause its pogacar its always a chance), but like whaat just be objective and its not hard, a few handfull fans run with the narrative and draw them fast to the three a injured pogacar is the measurement for them nvm almost no proper training/altitude whatever like whaaat if anything it says it all doesnt it? Thats honestly to me only tho atleast just sad and wishfull thinking the point grown men doing that i feel sad for them i wish you could enjoy cycling with glass not half empty - too me atleast, well granted a very few handfull only who does it and i guess emotions are involved but yeah its bizzare if anything to me i wont touch on that more as its beyond pointless and lack of perspective.

Ofc can always live in a alternative universe and the past when he was hurt/not 100% if that makes your life better but friendly tip just be better than that life is full of options. everyone decide how they live their own life tho, or if he loose the tour which I think he will on the basis noone done the giro tour double in modern time for a reason since its far much more than X' and O's and believe hes 100% at the tour when noone ever been it after winning the giro no matter how great you was like contadoor or froome, thats always a possible scenario too if it makes your life better somewhat, I prefer looking at the big picture instead of half glass empty kinda thing to fool yourself its hardly the way to succes is my belief if anything to whatever it is in fact the opposite in my proffesion atleast.

Anyway moving on its really just common knowledge as it gets in real life. Beatiful show from him in the Giro when i saw hard to not like the guy sharing out bottles to kids in the race etcetc.

He is something entirerly different surely thats beyond common knowledge by now whoever you might liking hehe, watching the stages I did on eurosport the studio luke rowe and Blythe too really was mesmerized of him like everyone everytime i saw, i think at this stage ppl are lost of words as its so rare but at the same time something were used to by him now kinda thing. Properly at this point hes the goat too considering hes doing it in a different era than merckx which is 10x harder but I dont care about that impossible to judge different era anyway - for me its pointless and meaningless but thats just me, but the fact that its talked about already for every rider ive seen on TV, legends of old or active riders, it seems to be a foregone conclusion in the peleton too, lost count on how many who say it everytime they get interviewed, and it says it all.

Is the giro othe most beatiful race of the calender? Awesome country.

PCS has those 6 plus Soler as the riders joining Pogacar in the TDF lineup.

Very strong but a lot of riders who will have to swallow their ego and work far earlier in stages than they are used to and nobody who has ever really been a full time domestique.

PCS has those 6 plus Soler as the riders joining Pogacar in the TDF lineup.

Very strong but a lot of riders who will have to swallow their ego and work far earlier in stages than they are used to and nobody who has ever really been a full time domestique.

PCS had 10 riders listed before so maybe they are trimming the list based on who is at altitude.

Soler is just riding around Andorra with motogp riders every day 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: xo 1 and SHAD0W93
Fx7kYSoWwAMSx7A.jpg:small

Roadworks still havent been completed either, sign is still there on the right!!!
I don't get the joke... What roadworks?

Yeah the narrative that Rog would hate Pog is just weird
I think he did for some time. Or at least was quite cold towards him. Pog did some things in TdF 2020 which were not completely straight-forward ("we can do great things together", "I already have a brother"). He used Roglic's patronising attitude towards him to his advantage. It's completely Roglic's fault to fall for that, of course, but it is also understandable he wasn't too enthusiastic about that afterwards.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
There never was. Delusional fans created this narrative.

Rog was first to congratulate him and admit that he was not strong enough in final stage of 2020 TDF when it mattered the most. There is no bad blood from Rog to Pog (and vice versa).
I don’t think he hated him but there was definitely tension. Rog let Pog get crucified by public trial in Slovenia so much so that his mum gave a rare interview saying she wished Tadej never won the tour that year because of how traumatic the whole situation was.

I don’t think he hated him but there was definitely tension. Rog let Pog get crucified by public trial in Slovenia so much so that his mum gave a rare interview saying she wished Tadej never won the tour that year because of how traumatic the whole situation was.
I dont believe Rog is personally responsible for that.

They are rivals but have huge respect for each other.

It is just instigating and dumb fans making it weird.