• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 42 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Glad Pogačar is crushing everyone. I am tired of the usual Sky/Ineos dominance where every season there’s someone from that team winning a GT. It’s not like Pogačar was middling junior racer or someone that was 150th and then all of a sudden started winning tours with that god awful pedaling technique. Pogačar actually has talent.

Nobody is suggesting he didn't have talent and it is not the donkey to racehorse transformation exhibited by Froome (and now back to donkey again!). So whilst the transformation isn't ludicrous, his absolute dominance over his rivals most definitely is. I can't remember a rider in the history of the sport capable of such dominance at such a young age.

I really like this kid and how he races but I remember a time when Contador and Schleck were supposed to battle it out for 10 years. Ended up being what 2.5? (Tour 11 Contador was hampered by crashes and a giro in his legs and schelck was already somewhat waning in my opinion despite his galibier antics).

you never know what will happen
I mean, nothing's predictable, but the Tour may become to him what Roland Garros is to Nadal. That being a credible possibility is scary.

I really like this kid and how he races but I remember a time when Contador and Schleck were supposed to battle it out for 10 years. Ended up being what 2.5? (Tour 11 Contador was hampered by crashes and a giro in his legs and schelck was already somewhat waning in my opinion despite his galibier antics).

you never know what will happen
Contador was hampered by a lab in Germany who went out of the way and expose him and the UCI.

I just wish people are going to ask serious questions now, even if it leads to nothing. What annoys me even more than that the athletes behave like this is normal are the cycling journalists and moderators all being too afraid to cast a shadow over their sport to ask questions or mention the topic doping when that is so, so obvious.
probably becuse you have to have something more than he is fast; imagine journalist starting questioning Bolt after he broke the 100m WR, so are you doping cause you are so fast ?? It doesnt work that way

I just wish people are going to ask serious questions now, even if it leads to nothing. What annoys me even more than that the athletes behave like this is normal are the cycling journalists and moderators all being too afraid to cast a shadow over their sport to ask questions or mention the topic doping when that is so, so obvious.

IRL you generally can't make public accusations against someone without evidence, unlike here.

Reactions: topt
probably becuse you have to have something more than he is fast; imagine journalist starting questioning Bolt after he broke the 100m WR, so are you doping cause you are so fast ?? It doesnt work that way

I don't believe in Bolt for one second.
You need proof to convict someone, not to ask questions.
And of course you always get the "why shouldn't he be able to do it"-answers, but if for instance someone runs the 100m half a second faster than all the other competitors in the world, I don't need any proof to be sure. In every not-complete-niche-sport there is a level around which the best move, and when someone goes totally out of that zone it has never been clean or even close to clean. So if you don't start questions then, are you only going to once someone is banned?