• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 7 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: perico and Hellyea
He's been the strongest climber all race, so I guess it's kind of consistent with his previous performances. But to do that in stage 20 is a seriously high level and shows some pretty amazing recovery.
He was dropped by Roglic and Lopez on the hardest Tour of the stage. I don’t think his climbing third week was anything to shout about really.

EiSl_gsWsAAW8a3

From Subiendo Como Una Moto from @jens attacks
La Planche des Belles Filles
2019:7,0 km@8,7%---20:02---average speed 20.97 km/h(Geraint Thomas)
2017:5,9 km@8,5%---16:12---average speed 21.85 km/h(Fabio Aru)
2014:5,9 km@8,5%---16:44---average speed 21.16 km/h(Vincenzo Nibali)
2012:5,9 km@8,5%---16:20---average speed 21.67 km/h(Chris Froome)

He's been the strongest climber all race, so I guess it's kind of consistent with his previous performances. But to do that in stage 20 is a seriously high level and shows some pretty amazing recovery.
Except he only dropped everyone once and got dropped on the queen stage for half a minute.

Now I'm reminded of the Vuelta last year where he also went nuclear on the penultimate day but I didn't pay attention there cause the VAMs were super low.

Reactions: Black Betsy
Not by that much - that was crazy. Then tag it to a flat portion of the TT that was also pegged and it just makes me laugh. There are a handful of performances over the past 20+ years where I just kind of chuckle and shake my head. This is one of them. It's past the tipping point