• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tadej Pogacar and Mauro Giannetti

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Erm ... good at scouting out younger riders ... erm ... check history.

Of course he is not clean, but i dont care one way or the other, i just find it stupid to single out maxtin now 3 years down the line. I was a big fan of Ricco , Piepoli and Menchov and saunier duval, Maxtin has always been good at his job, who gives a *** if it was clean or not.

Last edited:
Of course he is not clean, but i dont care one way or the other, i just find it stupid to single out maxtin now 3 years down the line. I was a big fan of Ricco , Piepoli and Menchov and saunier duval, Maxtin has always been good at his job, who gives a *** if it was clean or not.
You are also a big TP fan, yes? So perhaps clouding the judgement. Are you sure he was good at his job at scouting, or good at finding just the right kind of person to be scouted?

Anywho, I don't think Maxtin is only being called out now. But now does kinda fit for a call out :p

You are also a big TP fan, yes? So perhaps clouding the judgement. Are you sure he was good at his job at scouting, or good at finding just the right kind of person to be scouted?

Anywho, I don't think Maxtin is only being called out now. But now does kinda fit for a call out :p

TP as i Pogacar? After this Tour i am, i dont get how it clouds my judgment, im not making any case for him being clean at all, he is just not, but neither is 95% of the riders in the world tour, any clean top level sport is a naive illusion, i also enjoy the arms race aspect in terms of doping, so it was really enjoyable to see Jumbo get beaten.

The best man and best staff won in the end.

Reactions: ngent41
TP as i Pogacar? After this Tour i am, i dont get how it clouds my judgment, im not making any case for him being clean at all, he is just not, but neither is 95% of the riders in the world tour, any clean top level sport is a naive illusion, i also enjoy the arms race aspect in terms of doping, so it was really enjoyable to see Jumbo get beaten.

wow, you enjoy the arms race in terms of doping? that's really... disaffected?

Got it. I misinterpreted your post.

Reactions: markene2
Indeed i do, the logistics, recruitment and amount of balls you must have to stop at nothing to win is something i enjoy, ineos/sky got complacent and other teams are stepping up their game, it all leads to good entertainment.

Yeah, I guess that's the mindset that dopers have as well. I just hope that whatever someone like Tadej takes it does not ruin his health and life later on.

Indeed i do, the logistics, recruitment and amount of balls you must have to stop at nothing to win is something i enjoy, ineos/sky got complacent and other teams are stepping up their game, it all leads to good entertainment.

I concur with what markene2 says
I mean, this is the big leagues
As a fan you basically have two choices:
(1) Enjoy the sport for what it is, and finding creative ways to juice, motordope, and corrupt the racing jury is part of the game
(2) Enjoy the sport like you enjoy any other form of entertainment, with a healthy suspension of disbelief

Insisting that pro sports is clean and pure is not the way to go if you ask me, it gets old quick

I mean, this is the Clinic, making baseless accusations is kinda the point.
LOL. Nothing to see here.

Bhq7ehYCMAAsmyK.jpg:large

Team will know how many ml of blood will increase values by X, Y, Z. They'll test before and after a transfusion to make sure they're within the bio passport expected values.

From what we know it isn't that hard to keep values within the margins – unless you make a total mess of it then there won't be a case that the UCI can win against you.
We don't know if that is what they are doing. Back with Ricco and Piepoli they were doing CERA. Untraceable at that moment.

BTW, what's up with the voting up or down of answers and why bother? :p
I find it so annoying and unnecessary that I just took it upon myself to go through the thread and give everyone with a downvote (all from the same person. I checked) an upvote, just to undo the grumpy-ass work of our resident sourpuss. Didn't even read the posts first.

This is The Clinic. If half-arsed accusations aren't your cup of tea, I'd suggest leaving.

EDIT: He voted this post down. Boohoo, whatever will I do? :cry:

Last edited:
It's funny. After years of people saying that Froome is a doper as a guy out of Africa didn't show his results early. The same people are stunned that some with all the coaching from a young age is suspicious because he wins at 21 but didn't win everything at 18.

Maybe in future we can pick dopers as to when they get rid of their stabilisers.

TRENDING THREADS