• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tao Geoghegan Hart discussion thread

Page 4 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Kirby isn’t even commentating on the race is he? He did Flanders and is doing the Vuelta.

I think if the legs continue to feel good, he should go for it. It’s a long shot and Sunday’s form might not be repeated, but given this strange year and most of the top-tier riders not being here, it may be his only shot.
Sorry you're right, it was Rob Hatch.

Not saying Hart shouldn't go for the win, just that he hasn't committed to riding for it yet.

Reactions: Pricey_sky
  • Wow
Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
@Leinster , @Breezy1985 , @Zinoviev Letter , @Carrick-On-Seine (and anyone else I have missed): Have the Irish press started claiming him as a son of the Diaspora yet?

They might be trying to trace Hugh Carthy's family after today as well.
We don't really do that tbh except as the odd joke like Wiggins being Irish cause he's from Kilburn. It certainly doesn't happen the way that the UK press talk about Irish singers or actors winning awards as great victories for Britain.

And anyway I'm much more interested in claiming Ben O' Connor and Philip O' Ganna

Another incredible climbing performance. He and Jai Hindley remind me of Santi Perez in 2004 Vuelta, coming from miles behind and dominating the climbs after half of the race when nobody expected them to do so.
And he has a very strong team as well, they can try to drop Kelderman again on Saturday.

Another incredible climbing performance. He and Jai Hindley remind me of Santi Perez in 2004 Vuelta, coming from miles behind and dominating the climbs after half of the race when nobody expected them to do so.
And he has a very strong team as well, they can try to drop Kelderman again on Saturday.
In 2 mountain stages the duo gained:
  • 2+ minutes on Kelderman
  • more than 2:30 on Bilbao
  • 3 minutes or so on Fuglsang
  • around 5 and a half minutes on Almeida
  • around 6 and a half minutes on Nibali

I remember a few years ago some people saying (half joking) that he could be the succesor to Froome and Thomas.
Even if he wins this Giro, I still doubt that he will win more GTs but it will still be quite curious.

Regardless of the result tomorrow, he will still be 4th in the Ineos pecking order, at best. Then you have guys like Sivakov, Martinez, Yates too.

We don’t know what will happen in the next few years, but I can’t imagine he will have a better chance than tomorrow.

Reactions: will-10
Going back to the discussion in the Yates brothers thread after Etna whether it was all over for Simon, Tao was 24th on GC at that point 34 seconds ahead of Yates and now he is the main favorite to win it all.
Was a very weird Giro. And all these happened despite stage 20 being easier after a change. And it's not like Tao was attacking everywhere since Etna. I mean, he was 11th after stage 14 ITT, 3:44 behind Almeida. He gained all this time in 2-3 stages. Probably the weirdest GT I've ever watched.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
I'm rooting for Tao, a hard bloke, even if I never thought so for a rider from Ineos. Jai was too long on the wheels, admitedly through no fault of his own, to hope for. In the end the Australian should have disobeyed team orders on the Gavia to have shaken things up. His fate is now sealed and so too ironically his team's. Sometime a revolution is necessary.

I note Brailsford seems to have appeared out of nowhere to push his usual weird narrative and take some of the glory.

I must've heard about Geoghegan Hart shadowing Wiggins at the Team Sky launch 5 times in the past 2 days, as though this was always the plan.

Just be honest and say you were a bit puzzled like the rest of us when he started Jose Cobo-ing his way to GT success.

'As for that big Italian *** in the time trials, to be honest Ned it was between him and Knees for the final spot'

I note Brailsford seems to have appeared out of nowhere to push his usual weird narrative and take some of the glory.

I must've heard about Geoghegan Hart shadowing Wiggins at the Team Sky launch 5 times in the past 2 days, as though this was always the plan.

Just be honest and say you were a bit puzzled like the rest of us when he started Jose Cobo-ing his way to GT success.
So he did go along on Wiggins drinking binges?

Reactions: TomLPC
So he did go along on Wiggins drinking binges?

Bit off topic but I did enjoy the pic/headline combo of Wiggins on the front page, looking like a complete tool.

IR4jHqy.png

TRENDING THREADS