• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF 2015 Who wins?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

TDF 2015 Champion

• Quintana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think one should really always include ''other'' option in the poll, because it's incorrect to create a poll like this if you want to know what others really think.

Or change the poll title to ''who of these 4 is going to be the best'', so the limited choice is justified then.

Anderis said:
I think one should really always include ''other'' option in the poll, because it's incorrect to create a poll like this if you want to know what others really think.

Or change the poll title to ''who of these 4 is going to be the best'', so the limited choice is justified then.

I kind of agree, Majka and Aru should be in the poll based on their form this year.

Pantani_lives said:
I voted Contador, but I think Nibali deserves more votes. His problem is that he'll probably aim for the double Giro-Tour, but if he's as strong as in this year's Tour I wouldn't want to underestimate him.

I doubt he'll do that. He'll probably attempt at the giro for pr and do a solid top 10 training ride a la Menchov 2008, while Aru is fighting for the win with Majka.

Unless Nibali believes he's no chance to be competitive against Froome & Contador and prefers the Giro over the Tour.

Afrank said:
Is every poll in which Contador and Froome get more votes then Nibali a popularity poll? (Genuinely curious ;))

I can answer that for him: yes.

And anyone who votes for Contador or Froome over Nibali is not an "independent observer". True "independent observers" who don't let the media influence them will see Nibali for what he really is: a far superior cyclist than the other two, and naturally always the favorite for any race he starts in.

LaFlorecita said:
I can answer that for him: yes.

And anyone who votes for Contador or Froome over Nibali is not an "independent observer". True "independent observers" who don't let the media influence them will see Nibali for what he really is: a far superior cyclist than the other two, and naturally always the favorite for any race he starts in.
You got it so right, thanks!

Afrank do you think you can unbias the results by dividing by 2 Contador and Froome's votes?

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
in Le Tour 2015 Basso will start pacing Contador when He suddenly realize that He has amazing legs and form and He will ride away from everyone in all MTF putting even 5min into Froome in the 75KM all flat ITT

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
cineteq said:
You got it so right, thanks!

Afrank do you think you can unbias the results by dividing by 2 Contador and Froome's votes?

I think at least 50% of votes in any given poll comes down to which rider in the options a person likes most (for example I voted Nibs in the Contador v. Nibali thread, but I think the opposite), and that any vote for Contador or Froome instead of Nibali is a justifiable vote. Certainly as justifiable as a vote for Nibali would be.

By the way, always supporting Nibali, saying he would win no matter what, and saying the rider/s you don't like will/would lose doesn't make you an independent observer in any sense of the word.

Afrank said:
By the way, always supporting Nibali, saying he would win no matter what, and saying the rider/s you don't like will/would lose doesn't make you an independent observer in any sense of the word.
In this case I was talking about the TdF. The man himself walked the talk what I said from day 1, and went on to win. Btw, I just unbiased the results. ;)

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
I think their respective chances are as follows. Nibali's takes into account that he might do the Giro (if competes for Giro GC, I think his chance to win the Tour drops to <1%):

Froome: 36%
Contador: 34%
Quintana: 15%
Nibali: 12%
Other: 3%

Voting for Dawg.

Netbalp

BANNED
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The future always conceals a big element of unpredictability, so if Nibali can progress so much as he could in the 2015 Tour as compared with the last year's Giro, he'll be able to beat Alberto, Dawg and Nairo. Though, I'm a little bit surprised that bookmakers, whose point is cleaned from fans' reveries, still rate him significantly lower than Froome & Contador.

Netbalp said:
The future always conceals a big element of unpredictability, so if Nibali can progress so much as he could in the 2015 Tour as compared with the last year's Giro, he'll be able to beat Alberto, Dawg and Nairo. Though, I'm a little bit surprised that bookmakers, whose point is cleaned from fans' reveries, still rate him significantly lower than Froome & Contador.

I think the bookmakers understand that If we have a route with a normal amount of tting (not to little/not to much) and plenty of climbing than Nibali would have an extremely hard time beating AC and Froome. Yes Nibali beat them on the cobbles, but the cobbles don't often feature in the TdF. He would have an advantage if they were to use them next year, but I don't think that they will.

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
Ryaguas said:
in Le Tour 2015 Basso will start pacing Contador when He suddenly realize that He has amazing legs and form and He will ride away from everyone in all MTF putting even 5min into Froome in the 75KM all flat ITT

Yeah, Robo-Basso will return and it will be awesome:cool: