• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Tdf prediction thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Christophe said:
GC
1. Contador
2. A. Schleck
3. Basso
4. Menchov
5. Kreuziger
6. Armstrong
7. Evans
8. F. Schleck
9. Wiggins
10. Leipheimer

Green Jersey: Tyler Farrar
White Jersey: Tony Martin
Team GC: Liquigas

Team prize for nailing the most podium chicks: Quickstep

Andy is still young enough for the white.

Hmm... has there ever been anyone winning it three years in a row? (Did Ulrich?)

GC:

1. Bertie
2. Schleck the younger
3. Menchov (if he can stay upright)
4. Schleck the elder
5. Sammy Sanchez
6. Kreuziger
7. Cuddles
8. Rodriguez
9. Basso
10. Andreas

Green Jersey - Thor

White Jersey - Schlecklet

Polka - Moncoutie

A

Anonymous

Overall
Contador
Baby Schleck
Wiggins
Basso
Gesink
Kreuziger
Nibali
F Schleck
Leipheimer
Pellizoti

Green Jersey
Boonen

King of the mountains
Pellizoti

Young Rider
Baby Schleck

Team Classification
Liquigas
Saxo Bank
Astana

Lantern Rouge
Kurt Asle Arvesen

Jul 9, 2009
Visit site
No Vino?

And I don't mean wine! Nobody's rating Vinokourov for top 10? Or is he not riding? Either way, where can I get a list of the teams/riders online?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to base some bets on this :)

GC according to this forum so far:

1 Contador
2 A Schleck
3 F Schleck
4 Armstrong
5 Menchov
6 Kreuziger
7 Basso
8 Wiggins
9 Evans
10 S Sanchez
11 Gesink
12 Kloden
13 Vande Velde
14 Leipheimer
15 Nibali
16 Rodriguez
17 Van den Broeck
18 Sastre
19 Uran
20 Cunego
21 Vino
22 Rogers
23 Brajkovic
24 Le Mevel
25 Efimkin
26 Pellizotti

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
My predictions - they are quite different to most.

1. Menchov
2. A Schleck
3. Rodriguez
4. Gesink
5. Evans
6. F Schleck
7. Basso
8. Wiggins
9. Kloden
10. Sanchez

Green: Ciolek
KOM: Mocoutie
White: Andy S
Team: Saxo bank

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
1. Contador
2. A schleck
3. Kreuziger
4. Gesink
5. F schleck
6. Armstrong
7. Wiggins
8. Evans
9. Sastre
10. Moinard

Green - cav
Polka - basso
White a schleck
Team - saxo

auscyclefan94 said:
My predictions - they are quite different to most.

1. Menchov
2. A Schleck
3. Rodriguez
4. Gesink
5. Evans
6. F Schleck
7. Basso
8. Wiggins
9. Kloden
10. Sanchez

Green: Ciolek
KOM: Mocoutie
White: Andy S
Team: Saxo bank

You do realize with this post, that your Cadel Evans fan club membership will be revoked? ;)

Are you predicting/hoping Contador will crash out of the Tour or is the omission of his name an oversight?

You're spoiling Bruyneel's hope of winning the Team category.

One more jab: You have another Spaniard (Rodriguez) beating Evans. This can't be true?!!

Interesting choices. I like the high placing for Menchov, Gesink and Rodriguez. I'd love to see Moncoutie win the Tour's KOM.

I'm not ready to make my choices just yet.

I can't believe you guys didn't know that Sagan will win the GC by 5minutes taking every jersey with him and somehow he also wins the lantern Rouge as well:rolleyes:

1st: Sagan
2nd-10th: Not important

Green: Sagan
KOM: Sagan
White: Sagan
Team Classification: Team Sagan Presented by Liquigas

Lantern: Sagan
Most Aggressive: Sagan

But in all seriousness........I agree with the top 10 that alot of you have already posted with Conti, ASchelck, Menchov pretty good picks for Top 3. I'd have put Evans and Basso right up there as well but they are unknowns because of the Giro. Atmstrong will be floating round there. Could be top 5 at best but more likely i believe he will be tucked away at the back end of the top 10. Guys i'm not that sure about ie.could podium, could bomb out: Wiggins, VdV, Sanchez, Sastre, FrankS, Gesink

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
MENCHOV Denis
WIGGINS Bradley
ROGERS Michael
GESINK Robert
SCHLECK Andy
ARMSTRONG Lance
KREUZIGER Roman
CONTADOR Alberto
luke roberts
brett lancaster

green farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

white gesink

k.o.m simon gerrans
team ag2r

last place SANCHEZ Samuel or KLODEN Andreas

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Angliru said:
You do realize with this post, that your Cadel Evans fan club membership will be revoked? ;)

Are you predicting/hoping Contador will crash out of the Tour or is the omission of his name an oversight?

You're spoiling Bruyneel's hope of winning the Team category.

One more jab: You have another Spaniard (Rodriguez) beating Evans. This can't be true?!!

Interesting choices. I like the high placing for Menchov, Gesink and Rodriguez. I'd love to see Moncoutie win the Tour's KOM.

I'm not ready to make my choices just yet.

I am the boss of the fan club! If he didn't do the giro I would give him a chance for the victory if he didn't go to the giro but I am not sure if he can recover. In his diary entry he talked about that his recovery is going very well and that BMC have some surprises with their technology at the tour. I am hoping it is a motorised road bike.:D

I left Conti out because firstly it is a bit predictable and secondly I just have a hunch something will go wrong. You could say he has had a lot go right for him the past few years (waiting for publicus to bite my head off:D) and I find it hard to believe that other teams won't have options and plans up their sleeves to bring Contador down. It definetly won't be as easy for him this year.

I think Rodriguez could go well at the tour but will go down a bit in the final tt where he will lose big time.

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
btw, if you can get your hands on RIDE'S Tour de France magazine guide please do so. The insight in it is great to use when watching the tour. It has ratings, interviews, rider profiles, stage profiles and details and lists all the squads and riders who are eligible to contest the tour. It is a must get!

7 looks totally lame with the final few KM flat. It will be a nice win for whoever takes it though (someone out of the break or a dash away from the contenders on the final climb).

Is the finish at Mende the same as we saw in this year's P-N?

The Hitch said:
Even if he has a 5 minute lead coming out of the pyrannees, he will lose it all in the 51k time trial.
Ok, just because he did 1 bad time long time trial in 4 years as pro, doesn't mean all of a sudden he can't TT.

Just check cqranking.com and check his longer TT results. The Tour de Suisse TT was an exceptionally bad TT, not a normal Gesink TT.

Check your facts before trying to predict anything.

Dekker_Tifosi said:
Ok, just because he did 1 bad time long time trial in 4 years as pro, doesn't mean all of a sudden he can't TT.

Just check cqranking.com and check his longer TT results. The Tour de Suisse TT was an exceptionally bad TT, not a normal Gesink TT.

Check your facts before trying to predict anything.

I was joking. I should have said 15 minutes instead of 5 minutes to make that clear. If Gesink is anywhere near the top in stage 19 i expect him to put in a solid tt.