• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF Stage 16 - Tuesday, July 20 2010, Bagnères-de-Luchon - Pau, 196 km

Page 45 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Perhaps Horner isn't fast enough for that, and neither is Armstrong? Notice how Horner had to hold back to not finish before Armstrong.

Armstrong fanboys: it's final, there's no way this guy could have won the Tour this year. There just isn't.

lance sucks, it's a shame he's never won anything before. oh, wait...

May 15, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
Probably unless he or Andy stomps a mudhole in the other on Thursday (though my guess it will be a repeat of Mt. Ventoux) and, in the case of AC, he takes more than 31 seconds on Andy, or if Andy gets back in yellow. Should definitely end Saturday (assuming he has the legs) in the TT.

A lot of folks have baked into their mind that it was a malicious attack and it's going to take awhile to undo that misconception (if it can ever be undone).

EDIT: And this is not intended as an invitation to re-litigate the matter.

+1

What a nice Tour. Even last year's one was better.

Apr 24, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
Now you see, to me, this rubbish is worst than name calling. You aren't just insulting an individual poster, but entire nations, including Belgium, The Netherlands, Italy and France.

Gotta think they're used to it.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
skidmark said:
Nobody would know who, or what, france was if it wasn't for Armstrong.

Then why is France the country with the most tourists? It's like 50 times smaller(random guess) then the USA and still attracts a lot more tourists.

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
slimkay said:
Well... you could replace North America with World. Except in Spain where Contador is big, most of the World only knows cycling through LA's accomplishment and branding.

Once he's gone, the sport is going to lose a lot.

Being from Belgium i must say this post looks really ridiculous.

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
SpeedWay said:
Bravo, in honor of the French and the great Bip put your hat back on and smile for the cameras. Real cycling fans weren't uncomfortable for a second. It was a great stage and even a better finish.

Lovely, but you aint said nuffin mate(it does not mean friend, by the way).

Jun 16, 2009
www.oxygencycles.com
Big GMaC said:
I think HTC - Columbia stole the RaboBus today.

So far Maxime Monfort is the only rider finished...

we are now +25 mins...

umm, from the official website

18. MONFORT Maxime 116 TEAM HTC - COLUMBIA 5h 38' 28" + 06' 45"

but I think Rogers was the next in at 23+ minutes

Grupetto in at 34'48, Chavendish in the time limit.

Nov 24, 2009
Visit site
badboyberty said:
umm, from the official website

18. MONFORT Maxime 116 TEAM HTC - COLUMBIA 5h 38' 28" + 06' 45"

but I think Rogers was the next in at 23+ minutes

Grupetto in at 34'48, Chavendish in the time limit.

Ye, when I was typing it hadn't updated Rogers, but after 20 odd mins Monfort was the only one there.

But Cav makes it so its all ok for them i guess

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Publicus said:
A lot of folks have baked into their mind that it was a malicious attack and it's going to take awhile to undo that misconception (if it can ever be undone).

EDIT: And this is not intended as an invitation to re-litigate the matter.
If you dont want to re-litigate, they you probably should not have made such a dogmatic assertion.:rolleyes:

El Pistolero said:
Then why is France the country with the most tourists? It's like 50 times smaller(random guess) then the USA and still attracts a lot more tourists.

It was only recently discovered in 1999 so many people are flocking to this uncharted, but reasonably accessible place. Especially folks from neighboring countries who for centuries were unable to penetrate the dark void that seemed to cover the area until 1999.

I fondly recall my first visit to those newly discovered lands. I was amazed at the quality of the detail they went into to make the area seem like the country had been there for hundreds of years even though it was only a mere 4 years old when I visited. You have to admire the French's ingenuity and work ethic. And of course the discovery of one Mr. Lance Armstrong.

benpounder said:
If you dont want to re-litigate, they you probably should not have made such a dogmatic assertion.:rolleyes:

I presume that folks who think it was a breach of Tour etiquette assumed it was intentional or with malice. Hence a malicious attack. That was certainly the sense that prevailed in these forum pages.

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Perhaps Horner isn't fast enough for that, and neither is Armstrong? Notice how Horner had to hold back to not finish before Armstrong.

Armstrong fanboys: it's final, there's no way this guy could have won the Tour this year. There just isn't.

Um, how many sprints has Contador and Schleck won in this tour?

I thought it was a good effort today from Armstrong. The end of these breakaway stages are pretty random - unfortunately he wasn't on anyone's wheel by the time they came around the last corner so it didn't work out for him and he gave up long before the line.

But a knot must have been in your stomach for at least the last 30k.... "please don't let him win....please don't let him win" lol.

You can relax now, huh? lol.

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
luckyboy said:
Do people think Basso just had nothing or he might try something tomorrow (long shot I know)?

Bit of both. If Basso had something he wouldn't need to drop to have something for Thursday. That he dropped is telling enough (and no surprise post Giro).

He might indeed mount the bike on Thursday with the obligatory attempt in mind, if...if.But I doubt he will get round to show anything though.