• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TDF Stage 20 Longjumeau-Paris Champs-Elysees

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
gr216037_600.jpg

gr214630_600.jpg

A sprinters paradise. Maybe somebody can take a flyer 4 K out but who knows.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Cav will probably get the stage but maybe a chance for Julian Dean to try something.

Impressed with Dean throughout the Tour as he just keeps going.. first as lead out rider for Tyler and now as the go-too sprinter for Garmin. He's putting a lot of dedicated sprinters to shame with his riding.

May 11, 2009
Visit site
40% chance of rain - could mean some spills.

Could Saxobank use Cancellara to split the field and tow Andy to stage or overall victory? Unlikely but possible. But I'm sure Contador will keep on Schlecks wheel/

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
VINOOOOO
and Cancellara
and Cunego

edit: in other news, size 1 font not small enough.

Vino is capable of jumping away late on but he will be watched like a hawk I suspect. HTC are well down on firepower so its not impossible somebody can get away.

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
If anyone wants to beat Cav, they'll need to upset his leadout, like Garmin tried and failed to do last year. If Cav is the fifth rider or so to get onto the Champs-Élysées, he might not win. Possibly. Maybe.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
avanti said:
40% chance of rain - could mean some spills.

Could Saxobank use Cancellara to split the field and tow Andy to stage or overall victory? Unlikely but possible. But I'm sure Contador will keep on Schlecks wheel/

They need someone willing to crash at a narrow section to break the field

May 6, 2009
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
LoL... that FDJ guy is like "DOH! Never let that guy get away!"

But... never mind the stage-win. What I wanna know is; Who's gonna act most silly?

That's Brad McGee BTW, and Spartacus as well.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
markene2 said:
Only one man is up for the job.....

2005+Tour+de+France+Stage+Twenty+One+6pvpu3m5TjQl.jpg

I think we have a new disease on this forum, Extreme Vino obsession. Seriously, I can't get through three posts in any race thread without someone pouring out their love for him. Oh well, I can't blame you, he is a fun rider.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Punter said:
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Freire this year? I can hardly recall him contesting the sprints but he is still in the race so I presume he will go for it today?

Good question, yes he doesnt seem to have it this year.
if he can position himself properly off the last bend today maybe he has an outside chance of doing something.

Tony Martin will have his hands full with Vino likely to try something and the end is likely to be chaotic. I'd love to see Martin smoke everybody off his wheel and get the stage, but he will be working for Cav. :cool:

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
For which riders will this be their last TdF stage ever?

We know about LA and CM obviously but who else, either through retirement or non selection?

Sep 25, 2009
Visit site
Punter said:
Can anyone tell me what has happened to Freire this year? I can hardly recall him contesting the sprints but he is still in the race so I presume he will go for it today?

he's going to be operated on his nose after the tour

TRENDING THREADS