• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

    In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

    Thanks!

TdF stge 1 Monaco ITT, 15.50 km

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 29, 2009
589
0
0
Visit site
There might be a little bit of rain today according to forecasts so Armstrong and Leipheimer might be speculating that the road will not be (as) wet at 4 pm.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
Visit site
I think Contador is going to win but I still like LL Sanchez as the dark horse. He can blitz the downhill like Savodelli did at the opening Giro TT in 2006.
 
Mar 18, 2009
4,186
0
0
Visit site
By far the most underrated factor, that decides the winner in about half the time trials is the wind.

But not this time. This time it's all about the rain.
 
Mar 19, 2009
832
0
0
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
I think I know the answer. Check out the weather forcast. Not great, a strong chance of heavy showers.
Clever move to split your leaders.
Question is: If it does rain, who gets the lucky break?
edit that...I'm wrong. Does anyone have the start times? It looks like Armstrong and Leipheimer are going early.
 
Amsterhammer said:
Brilliant! A topic with no references to dope and no Lance bashing.:D

Armstrong is an arsehole. Happy now?

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on a live web feed. Anyone know of any?

I mean I don't trust any of them nowadays, and it's just a big circus. But the circus is exciting!
 

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
290
0
0
Visit site
Dekker?? Hard to come second from the sofa.

1. Cancellara
2. Contador
3. Armstrong
4. Leipheimer/Evans

Darkhorse....Kloden
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Animal said:
Armstrong is an arsehole. Happy now?

Anyway.

I'm looking forward to seeing this on a live web feed. Anyone know of any?

I mean I don't trust any of them nowadays, and it's just a big circus. But the circus is exciting!

in your inbox
 
Mar 19, 2009
571
0
0
Visit site
I suspect it will be the Armstrong, Contador an Cancellara show, in no particular order. It would be fun to see Dave Zabriske take the Yellow jersey to throw a wrench in everyones best laid plans though. We could then see him in the TTT in yellow again.....would he crash and burn once more or excel?

Sastre and Andy Schleck may see some considerable deficits on the day. Menchov in the middle somewhere. I would even put Leipheimer in with the favorites, but it's not really a course for him, and he's got to be running on fumes at this point in the year.

Evans ...... he just gets no respect does he? He may surprise everyone, but not many will care.


I'm hoping for an English live feed for the US also. I check back here every hour http://www.steephill.tv/tour-de-france/#live.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
How was the start order determined?

I figure last year's winner goes last but other than that?
 
Teams just pick an order or strategy.
Quite clearly Astana are splitting their "names", so some will get the best of the weather which is forcast to deteriorate.

Watching the pre-race chat, outside the Casino and the current weather is.....
......nice!
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
Mellow Velo said:
Teams just pick an order or strategy.
Quite clearly Astana are splitting their "names", so some will get the best of the weather which is forcast to deteriorate.

Watching the pre-race chat, outside the Casino and the current weather is.....
......nice!

So did JB put Contador later so he would catch the rain?
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
BroDeal said:
Bob Roll looks a lot better with his hair buzzed.

I am torn, I could watch this in HD or through my computer so that I can listen to Eurosport. I'd put on just the Eurosport audio, but I am pretty sure it won't sinc up. I just detest those 4. I thought sports commentators were supposed to be subjective? HD rules though.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
I am torn, I could watch this in HD or through my computer so that I can listen to Eurosport. I'd put on just the Eurosport audio, but I am pretty sure it won't sinc up. I just detest those 4. I thought sports commentators were supposed to be subjective? HD rules though.

I am currently thinking of going for the Eurosport. Even if it does not sync up it will be better than listening to the continuous Lance-a-thon. I don't think I can take much of Sherwin's "a certain man by the name of Lance Armstrong" schtick.
 
Rechtschreibfehler said:
Well, I can Imagine a lot.
But I don't think so!
Usually the caiptans start last.
For Armstrong starting first of Astana I can think of two reasons:
1. put opponents under pressure with a lovely performance
2. fear of rain

Fear of rain could be it. Both Armstrong and Leecheimer are starting a ways apart from Contador.