• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF stge 2 Monaco-Brignoles, 187 km

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
There's some good hills on the route...It'd be cool to see a break go clear and stay on the first stage. How often has that happend.... Almost never! My wish likely wont come true...

Alpe d'Huez said:
I'm going to agree with Mello's assessment of what will happen. A lot of rabbits, fighting for KOM and Sprint points, a break caught within a few km, and for the stage win pick in a manic field sprint:

Óscar Freire

Almost correct.

Except that Cav will win!

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
any aussie in particular?????

I dont think a breakaway has a hope personally, quick step and columbia (for the sprint) and garmin (aspirations for yellow after the TTT) will make sure of that...

as before, i think the intermediate sprints are going to be more interesting in the first instance to judge cavs intentions

Ive never seen Rogers look so relaxed and fit. If he is given a free reign it will be on. I think he had a reserve in the tank on the TT, hardly broke a sweat. My cash is on him, but this is a 100% biased opinion.

Its too early for Stewie to go away, but this will be his last tour so he will have a stage win in mind, not today but when it is a dirty day.

Lloydie has the ability to go alone on day two, his record speaks for itself.

There will be an early break, bet my balls on it.

The Kiwi can also handle this stage, Dean has matured nicely. He is a real dark horse.

The field of sprinters has changed dramatically this year which will have a positive effect on the Aussies. I know in the past, despite giving all, they do manage their output if they know the peleton is chasing for McEwan.

The other Aussie boys will need a week to settle down.

This stage and the tail wind is really an ideal set up for the Dutchies IMO.

Those skinny bast ards are used to stages like this.

mickkk said:
Ive never seen Rogers look so relaxed and fit. If he is given a free reign it will be on. I think he had a reserve in the tank on the TT, hardly broke a sweat. My cash is on him, but this is a 100% biased opinion.

That is because he got to rest a couple of times during the time trial when his chain came off and he had to stop. :)

TRENDING THREADS