• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

TdF2016 Oscar for Best Entertainment Value.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Yet another boring stage killer: Your nominations, please. We can have a poll later.

Usually one tends to nominate Sagan's uphill no hand wheelie, but this year it probably will be
----------------------------------
Froome's uphill no bike footie.
Also known as "Chicken Run" or "Run Lola Run" (with reload!)... add your names if you like.

doperhopper said:
Yet another boring stage killer: Your nominations, please. We can have a poll later.

Usually one tends to nominate Sagan's uphill no hand wheelie, but this year it probably will be
Froome's uphill no bike footie.
Also known as "Chicken Run" or "Run Lola Run" (with reload!)... add your names if you like.

I thought Dawg or 'Sag-Dawg' riding away from a steaming peloton on a flat stage was the most entertainment. Pure entertainment on a ridiculous level like never before :lol:

Re:

ebandit said:
....having zero sense of humour.........i'm going for valverde's rebirth....better than ever

although that lantern rouge bridge 'thingy's' desperation to be noticed caught my eye....

Mark L

It's called the "flamme rouge", the lantern rouge is for the last place rider.

You sure you follow this sport prior to 2012? :cool:

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
....ok...sagan escaping criticism ....by being so darn entertaining............

+ today with 4km to go eurosport commentator stung by a wasp....never even

broke stride

nairo explained the moto incident....'i grabbed it 'cos it hit me....and never let go......'

Mark L

Curious, why should Sagan face criticism? Not a natural talent? Came out of nowhere?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:

broke stride

nairo explained the moto incident....'i grabbed it 'cos it hit me....and never let go......'

Mark L

Jay Vee never took corticosteroids neither cos Roger Legeay tutored him the in the Gallic ethic of GAN.CreditAgrole
200901112339.jpg

I am not an animal- Joseph Merrick

actually Jo, you aint a biologist/zooologist neither, just ask professor richard dawkins
say it aint so Jo
59328619.jpg

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
....having zero sense of humour.........i'm going for valverde's rebirth....better than ever

although that red bridge 'thingy's' desperation to be noticed caught my eye....

Mark L

Valverde rebirth < Purito placenta

Re: Re:

peloton said:
ebandit said:

broke stride

Mark L

Curious, why should Sagan face criticism? Not a natural talent? Came out of nowhere?
Should we then absolve Valverde of criticism since he didn't come out of nowhere and was a natural talent from the word go then? How about Nibali? Those guys were big stars who were natural talents and who also have faced pretty severe treatment from the Clinic. Sagan attracts surprisingly little interest considering his achievement level. He's achieving at the kind of level that would normally see a lot of people baulking at it. Like if Cândido Barbosa went World Tour.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
peloton said:
ebandit said:

broke stride

Mark L

Should we then absolve Valverde of criticism since he didn't come out of nowhere and was a natural talent from the word go then? How about Nibali? Those guys were big stars who were natural talents and who also have faced pretty severe treatment from the Clinic. Sagan attracts surprisingly little interest considering his achievement level. He's achieving at the kind of level that would normally see a lot of people baulking at it. Like if Cândido Barbosa went World Tour.

Riding for Liquigas and Bjarne Riis is also prima facie suspicious.

Cannibal72 said:
Libertine Seguros said:
peloton said:
ebandit said:

broke stride

Mark L

Riding for Liquigas and Bjarne Riis is also prima facie suspicious.

But Sagan isn't a GC contender, so he automatically escapes a lot of scrutiny :eek:

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site

Libertine Seguros said:
peloton said:
ebandit said:

broke stride

Mark L

Not sure how you can compare Valverde and Nibali with Sagan?

Anyway it was just a question, I have no problem at all if people are suspicious of Sagan.

zlev11 said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Me thinks the rebirth of Cavendish should get a special mention.

went from being outsprinted by Adam Blythe to bossing the likes of Kittel, Greipel, and Sagan with complete ease in one week. not normal.

Maybe, just maybe, his result in the Nat Champs was an anomaly? Especially since he had been outsprinting Sagan (as it should be), Greipel and battling it head to head wth Kittel some time before in Cali and Scheldeprijs.

Bad comparison.

BigMac said:
zlev11 said:
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Me thinks the rebirth of Cavendish should get a special mention.

went from being outsprinted by Adam Blythe to bossing the likes of Kittel, Greipel, and Sagan with complete ease in one week. not normal.

Maybe, just maybe, his result in the Nat Champs was an anomaly? Especially since he had been outsprinting Sagan (as it should be), Greipel and battling it head to head wth Kittel some time before in Cali and Scheldeprijs.

Bad comparison.

3/12 sprints won prior to the Tour

4/5 in the Tour

peloton said:
Not sure how you can compare Valverde and Nibali with Sagan?

Anyway it was just a question, I have no problem at all if people are suspicious of Sagan.
Why not? If the reason for not raising questions of Prince Charming are because he is a natural talent and he didn't come out of nowhere, then the same could be said of Valverde, who was a huge success as a cadet and a junior and an instant hit at the pro level. But somewhere along the line - we don't know where - he started doping. Nibali, he has his dodgy connections, but he didn't come out of nowhere and he showed as a talent early. What's more, the guy provides plenty of show in racing as well (whereas the Don is recognized for some fairly dull racing these days, a far cry from his early days) which is usually the other thing people use as a reason to almost justify going easy on the questions for Slovak Barbosa.

- Sagan is no GT rider
- Until the WC last year, he was more known for not winning than for winning
- Isn't on a team that say's "LOOK CYCLING IS CLEAN BECAUSE WE ARE WINNING" every step of the way
- Doesn't seem to have defandboys, consensus is 'yeah, most likely doping, move on'

TRENDING THREADS