• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Astana's shameful legacy

Page 22 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Vin0 - "I will consult with our lawyers. I think we should at least receive and apology from the European press for what has happened in recent months."

Yes Vino, you have 5 doping violations in 3 months under your watch. This is what sh!t hitting the fan really smells like!

samhocking said:
Vin0 - "I will consult with our lawyers. I think we should at least receive and apology from the European press for what has happened in recent months."

Yes Vino, you have 5 doping violations in 3 months under your watch. This is what sh!t hitting the fan really smells like!

Not 5 but 2. People forget that the Continental team are a seperate thing. Diffrenet leadership, mangers staff etc.

Well clearly staff can't be shared as they're racing at the same time, but Vino himself suspended the Continental team, despite Dmitri Sedoun being the manager? Dmitri Sedoun was also a Team Manager for Astana WorldTour at the same time too, so I would say conclusive proof the two were managed as one of the same top down management hierarchy of Vino & Sedoun.

Kairat Kelimbetov of KCF who resigned after the 5th violation has been replaced by Darkan Mangeldiev, who, surprise, surprise is a close friend of Vinokourov!

We can say 6 doping violations under Vino when kreuziger finally stops grasping at the time delay switch of legal loopholes!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Ouch. Poor guy, taking all the abuse from Vino.

Just wondering about the contract. I dont think there should be any "performance" related clause that would allow Vino to stop paying him. If that is the case, we was stupid to sign it.

Without that, he could just pedal around and collect the paycheck. He wouldnt be the first one (and last one) to do that and canceling his own contract was just pure stupidity.

Vino is no saint but I have very little respect for anybody signing bad contracts.

TRENDING THREADS