• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team bikes transfers or rumours 2013?

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hidache said:
You're right about the new bike for Movistar, but still Sky has developed Pinarello equipment and don't want Movistar to use all of their innovations.

pardon me - do you remember Movistar existed BEFORE SKY?
BTW could you be kind to extend on the so called "Developing equipment by SKY"??? never heard of it

taiwan said:
Sibilo was a nicer bike. It's weaksauce when designers blatantly employ fairings on a TT bike like the Bolide. Appears like a lazy aerodynamic solution.

Yep definitely more fairings on the Bolide...even tho I'd say the main differences lie in the fork and the different choice of gearing, Campy vs Shimano. Geometry wise they seem to be very share-a-like.

1371830775907-t4d6dblaogfd-670-75.jpg

I must say that I prefer the look of the Sibilo over the Bolide, the Bolide frame just looks messy. Also the seat tube looks a tiny bit steeper and the front end further forward than the Sibilo.

The Bolide in the picture looks like its been set up for a triathlete more than a GT rider.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
So I assume Felt are once again out of the top tier after only just coming back?

They just done that full re-design of their AR range with that new FRD and they aren't even going to have a WT team to show it off!

... American brand Felt currently sponsor Argos-Shimano, so the move might mean their presence in the professional peloton is coming to an end. Felt's Doug Martin told BikeRadar that they have "a valid contract with Team Argos-Shimano. This contract will not end at the end of 2013, as the De Telegraaf article may lead to believe, but has a substantially longer lifetime. Both parties are very happy with the partnership and are honoring the spirit and details of the agreement, each enjoying the great success of the team on their Felts in the 2013 race calendar. Felt will not engage in commenting further on rumors in the cycling world."

http://www.bikeradar.com/road/news/article/giant-to-sponsor-argos-shimano-pro-team-in-2014-38105/

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
So if Felt stays with Argos, and Belkin/Bianchi deal done.....will Giant be off for one year? Or any chance with Alonso's new team?

I personally don't see such a big brand as Giant being out of pro ranks.

Michele said:
So if Felt stays with Argos, and Belkin/Bianchi deal done.....will Giant be off for one year? Or any chance with Alonso's new team?

I personally don't see such a big brand as Giant being out of pro ranks.
That article pastronef linked to is a month old. Lars van der Haar recently professed his love for Giant, and at the same time he said he'd like to join Argos in the future. I think the Giant-Argos thing is a done deal, maybe they're buying off the Felt contract, who knows.

theyoungest said:
That article pastronef linked to is a month old. Lars van der Haar recently professed his love for Giant, and at the same time he said he'd like to join Argos in the future. I think the Giant-Argos thing is a done deal, maybe they're buying off the Felt contract, who knows.

that's what I think.

I did like very much the rabo-blanco-belkin + GIANT, that was a good combo

and now giant comes and shuffles off everything... meh

Mar 26, 2009
www.ciclismo-espresso.com
theyoungest said:

Didnt check the dates, that would make sense.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Aguirre said:
Movistar 2014 with orbea. Clothing endura

Rumors says. Seems pinarello having only sky.

Pinarello to lose non-Brit fanboys, don't see to many Sky painted Pinarello's but plenty of Movistar painted Pinarello's on the street and I'm not even in Spain.