• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 31 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

kingjr said:
Brullnux said:
kingjr said:
You can always change your mind during the race
Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that having Kwiatkowski follow attacks on the Poggio was the inital plan, and therefore the criticism of sky's plan is completely unwarranted.
I thought the inital plan was for Kwiatkowski to attack himself.
In the video he said that he will have to be there (in the front group) after an attack. But that could easily mean that it is his attack. Either way we are basically in agreement.

Brullnux said:
kingjr said:
Brullnux said:
kingjr said:
You can always change your mind during the race
Yeah but that doesn't change the fact that having Kwiatkowski follow attacks on the Poggio was the inital plan, and therefore the criticism of sky's plan is completely unwarranted.
I thought the inital plan was for Kwiatkowski to attack himself.
In the video he said that he will have to be there (in the front group) after an attack. But that could easily mean that it is his attack. Either way we are basically in agreement.
That's good, I'll settle for that :p

never mind.....I found out what he wants to do

'I always have a bad April and I don't know why'
Kennaugh hopes to ride both the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta a España this season. He will race alongside Chris Froome at the Volta a Catalunya next week – "the first race where I want to be in really good shape" – hoping to prove his worth, all the while crossing his fingers that he'd done enough to banish those curious April blues.
"That April period last year I was just like so fatigued and low energy, just struggling to train really – never mind race. I kind of have that sort of period most years in April. I don't know why," Kennaugh explained.
"I don't even know what it is. I'm not sure if it's maybe a little case of overtraining in December, January and February. It can all catch up on you sometimes when you're trying to push everything a bit too much. So I'm just trying to monitor things better, and just try and knock that one on the head."
He hopes his decision to start his season in Europe – after two years in Australia – will help in that respect. And it's problem that is in need of instant rectification, because Kennaugh's spot in Sky's nine-man line-up for the Giro is far from guaranteed.
"On this team every Grand Tour is a bit of a battle to get selected for," he acknowledged, noting that there are around 12 riders in the frame for the corsa rosa.
"Last year I obviously started really good in Aus', with the win and stuff, but I just put so much work in that I sort of became a bit unstuck in April, so I'm just trying to change that a bit really, just start everything a bit later, a bit more stress-free. Just trying to just be a bit more consistent throughout the year.
"I want to prove myself in Catalunya, then let the legs do the talking in Trentino [Tour of the Alps], and that should sort the place on the team for the Giro."

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Pricey_sky said:
JRanton said:
Very poor E3 and GW. Leaders not going well at all and a lot of passengers in the team.

Yes, with no Thomas and Kwiatko they were always going to struggle. Guys like Rowe and Stannard are strong, but they seem much more suited to Roubaix than the short, sharps hills of Flanders.

Agreed but the most concerning thing was Rowe getting dropped on a flat gravel section by a 50-60 man group and Stannard not looking great there either. There's some talk that Rowe has a knee injury.

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Pretty poor cobbled classics campaign hampered mainly by bad luck. Rowe might have had a chance without that crash. Moscon was looking good though. As for Stannard, he seems to be doing very poorly this year. Has never been in the group of favourites

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Abu Dhabi Tour, Coppi e Bartali and now Trentino. If they don't want to send a full line-up to these races, then don't ask for/accept an invite. This is disrespectful to the organizers.

Not to mention that it's disrespectful to their defending winner of the race. :mad:

Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Abu Dhabi Tour, Coppi e Bartali and now Trentino. If they don't want to send a full line-up to these races, then don't ask for/accept an invite. This is disrespectful to the organizers.

FDJ, Bardiani, Cannondale have 7 riders, i didn't see your comment how about they are disrespectul.

CTQ said:
LaFlorecita said:

FDJ, Bardiani, Cannondale have 7 riders, i didn't see your comment how about they are disrespectul.
Yes, maybe one of their riders fell ill or got injured. It happens. With Sky it's a pattern, 6 riders in Abu Dhabi, Coppi e Bartali, Trentino, 7 riders in Dubai. Yes, maybe their riders prefer training over racing to prepare for their goals, but that's not an excuse, as I said, they shouldn't put those races on their calendar. There are teams who could field 8 riders who would love to ride those races but didn't get invited. It's disrespectful to the organizers, to other teams and as Jolene wrote, also to their defending champion for this race.

LaFlorecita said:
CTQ said:
LaFlorecita said:

Yes, maybe one of their riders fell ill or got injured. It happens. With Sky it's a pattern, 6 riders in Abu Dhabi, Coppi e Bartali, Trentino, 7 riders in Dubai. Yes, maybe their riders prefer training over racing to prepare for their goals, but that's not an excuse, as I said, they shouldn't put those races on their calendar. There are teams who could field 8 riders who would love to ride those races but didn't get invited. It's disrespectful to the organizers, to other teams and as Jolene wrote, also to their defending champion for this race.

I guess that the organizers want Team Sky with six riders instead of another pro conti team with 8 riders.

LaFlorecita said:
roundabout said:
LaFlorecita said:

They brought what should be their 2 leaders for the Giro to the race.
So?

Both the sporting and media value they bring to the race is more than sufficient to justify an inclusion and is not disrespectful.

But you probably knew that already.

roundabout said:
LaFlorecita said:
roundabout said:
LaFlorecita said:

They brought what should be their 2 leaders for the Giro to the race.
So?

Both the sporting and media value they bring to the race is more than sufficient to justify an inclusion and is not disrespectful.

But you probably knew that already.
They brought their 2 leaders for the Giro but could not field a full team. Does the first excuse them for the 2nd? Never mind that this is the third time this season they only start with 3/4th of a normal team? Will they also start the Giro with 6 riders, or will they be able to find some motivated riders in the meantime? But we get it, Sky can't do anything wrong in your eyes. Drool drool, :rolleyes:

LaFlorecita said:
Ricco' said:
I guess that the organizers want Team Sky with six riders instead of another pro conti team with 8 riders.
Probably and it's a disgrace.

Don't the organization pay the team for the number of riders they Field?
If yes, it probably means it's not enough to make them put the full team to race.
Nevertheless, this is unacceptable. If someone is sick or I'll, it's understandable. Otherwise, it should be frowned upon.

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
Ricco' said:
They have won the last two times of course they are invited would you rather landa and Thomas weren't there just so that some continental team can participate. What's more the rules allow for 6 riders don't see a problem. Finally I think the race will be better off with only 6 sky riders it means they can't ride on the front all day.

silvergrenade said:
LaFlorecita said:
Ricco' said:

Don't the organization pay the team for the number of riders they Field?
If yes, it probably means it's not enough to make them put the full team to race.
Nevertheless, this is unacceptable. If someone is sick or I'll, it's understandable. Otherwise, it should be frowned upon.
I agree. Last year we saw Giant struggle to field a full team after their training accident, it's understandable. And of course it can happen that once or twice you have to start a race with 1 rider less because of an illness. But 3 races in the first 4 months of the season, with 6 instead of 8 riders? It's a pattern.

TRENDING THREADS