• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 54 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

El Pistolero said:
They really should put limits on team budgets, this is getting out of hand. Cycling will become boring as **** if it becomes as bad as football (where everything is either won by Real Madrid or FC Barcelona).

Katusha Astana Sky Sunweb Movistar UAE2018 (Bahrain if they wake up, and I hope not) have all very big budgets and they are winning. it's not 1/2 dominating team. Quickstep is winning a lot.

I cant see where they are taking the mickey out of the sport. Their team doesnt look better on paper, from 2018, than teams like QS and Movistar, team s who have performed as well or better than Sky over the last 4-5 years. Then you have teams like BMC and newcomers like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain willing to spend. Team Sky has essentially dominated one race and thats that.

Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
yaco said:
Ah ! Team Sky are taking the mickey out of the peleton.
Proves the need of a budget cap IMO. They even have money to spare to splurge on something as unnecessary as this.

Can you please explain why it is unnecessary to further professionalize the cycling sport? In my opinion it is a very good move to invest in the pre-race and after race facilities in a sport which can have very long days and working from a upgraded touringcar.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
I cant see where they are taking the mickey out of the sport. Their team doesnt look better on paper, from 2018, than teams like QS and Movistar, team s who have performed as well or better than Sky over the last 4-5 years. Then you have teams like BMC and newcomers like Abu Dhabi and Bahrain willing to spend. Team Sky has essentially dominated one race and thats that.
God dam posting facts won't go down well on here....can't you see sky are ripping the piss....quick grab the pitch forks

Re:

Valv.Piti said:

5 of the last 7 Dauphines, 5 of the last 7 Paris-Nice suggest otherwise :D

Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

A budget cap will do nothing other than disincentivize any need for success by both riders and teams collectively and without question it would then lower rider wages at the top level also. Why would you want to disincentivize other teams to succeed too? There's nothing currently in place that stops anyone taking on Team Sky either financially or technically so why would you want to add it?

“These are the first of a number of new rider signings we will be making for 2018 as we strengthen our lineup with experienced riders with proven track records, whilst also seeking to bring in the best young talent from around the world to develop at Team Sky and play a big part in our future"

Ominous.

Vesica said:
LaFlorecita said:
yaco said:
Proves the need of a budget cap IMO. They even have money to spare to splurge on something as unnecessary as this.

Can you please explain why it is unnecessary to further professionalize the cycling sport? In my opinion it is a very good move to invest in the pre-race and after race facilities in a sport which can have very long days and working from a upgraded touringcar.

Teams have team buses which have all the mod con's needed - Though journalists *** about team buses - It seems like the bubble is more aimed at the staff than riders - I'll be interested to see where and when Sky use the bubble.

rick james said:
Angliru said:
rick james said:
Lol some have lost the sense of humour I see

If you have to explain why it's supposed to be funny, then generally it's just not. Is it some sort of inside joke? I ask because I watch Game of Thrones and I don't get it.
Still creeping on me I see

I believe you have a false sense of importance. As long as you keep posting as you do, I will call you on it. Maybe you'd be better served putting me on ignore if my replies annoy you.

yaco said:
Vesica said:
LaFlorecita said:
yaco said:

Teams have team buses which have all the mod con's needed - Though journalists *** about team buses - It seems like the bubble is more aimed at the staff than riders - I'll be interested to see where and when Sky use the bubble.

I think the general idea is to help move the running of a team on the road from the team bus, hotels rooms/lobbies, team cars, mechanics truck, catering truck and media/press room and do it all in one multi-use vehicle that can serve many different functions. Typically the running of a team is spread out all over the place and there's no many places at a race start or finish you could quickly gather all staff and riders in one place until you get back to the hotel and even then you might have staff in one hotel, riders in another etc. It makes sense logistically to run a team of 30 staff and 8 riders and because of that it will probably annoy some who didn't think of it first maybe?

Pricey_sky said:
b.broadhurst said:

Excellent signing. With GT's going to 8 riders he will be a huge plus.

Yeah, Sky will most likely ditch one of the pure climbers and one of the rouleurs and replace them with an extra all rounder like Castroviejo or Moscon.

Froome
Poels
Rosa/Henao/De la Cruz
Thomas
Kwiatkowski
Castroviejo/Moscon
Kiryienka
Stannard/Knees/Rowe

JRanton said:
Pricey_sky said:
b.broadhurst said:

Yeah, Sky will most likely ditch one of the pure climbers and one of the rouleurs and replace them with an extra all rounder like Castroviejo or Moscon.

Froome
Poels
Rosa/Henao/De la Cruz
Thomas
Kwiatkowski
Castroviejo/Moscon
Kiryienka
Stannard/Knees/Rowe

Rowe broke his leg. "could be up to 9-12 months"

myrideissteelerthanyours said:
JRanton said:
Pricey_sky said:
b.broadhurst said:

Froome
Poels
Rosa/Henao/De la Cruz
Thomas
Kwiatkowski
Castroviejo/Moscon
Kiryienka
Stannard/Knees/Rowe

Rowe will miss the spring classics in 2018 and I think July will be too early. back on top form for the Vuelta or Hamburg-Britain-Quebec

pastronef said:
myrideissteelerthanyours said:
JRanton said:
Pricey_sky said:
b.broadhurst said:

Froome
Poels
Rosa/Henao/De la Cruz
Thomas
Kwiatkowski
Castroviejo/Moscon
Kiryienka
Stannard/Knees/Rowe

Rowe will miss the spring classics in 2018 and I think July will be too early. back on top form for the Vuelta or Hamburg-Britain-Quebec

Rowe's injuries sound really bad ...

TRENDING THREADS