• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 55 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
July 27, 2017
http://www.typicallyspanish.com/news-spain/brief/Spain_Business_Brief_-_Thursday_July_27_2017.shtml

Rupert Murdoch has launched Sky television in Spain
Partially owned by Fox, he wants to capture the 12 million Spanish homes without pay TV

Jeremy Darroch, CEO of Sky, confirmed today in a meeting in London with analysts that the British company will launch in Spain after the summer as an internet group of channels.

So Dawg will be doing the Vuelta for a few more years yet.

Nice work.
Now we already know who are real contenders in GC (Froome, Chaves, Nibali, Aru), pretenders (A/S Yates, Kelderman, Barguil, Zakarin) and outsiders (Contador, Majka, Jungels, Soler, Carapaz).
And Froomey is already in red :razz: .

Re: Re:

Angliru said:
rick james said:
I wouldn't put anyone in ignore, it's a fans forum and I'm here to hear everyone's views

Mine was an honest question which you chose not to answer. I just don't see the connection between Nieve and GoT. I must be missing something obvious here that others aren't.
its a play on his name, what's hard to understand about that? you deliberately being difficulty? you just looking to pick silly arguments?

getting upset about a play on a cyclist names on a fans forum page really is unhinged

rick james said:
Angliru said:
rick james said:
I wouldn't put anyone in ignore, it's a fans forum and I'm here to hear everyone's views

Mine was an honest question which you chose not to answer. I just don't see the connection between Nieve and GoT. I must be missing something obvious here that others aren't.
its a play on his name, what's hard to understand about that? you deliberately being difficulty? you just looking to pick silly arguments?

getting upset about a play on a cyclist names on a fans forum page really is unhinged

Who's upset?

Aug 22, 2017
Visit site
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but have become, along with my wife, a big Team Sky fan. So much so that at the tender ages of 56 and 51 we are purchasing bikes for next Spring for relaxation and fun hoping to travel a bit to join some scenic tours. I would like to know if anyone has heard of any other names Team Sky may be interested in signing for the next season...other than Halvorsen, Bernal and Sivakov. Thanks for your input.

CyclingDaddy55 said:
Hi everyone. I am new to this forum but have become, along with my wife, a big Team Sky fan. So much so that at the tender ages of 56 and 51 we are purchasing bikes for next Spring for relaxation and fun hoping to travel a bit to join some scenic tours. I would like to know if anyone has heard of any other names Team Sky may be interested in signing for the next season...other than Halvorsen, Bernal and Sivakov. Thanks for your input.

They have been linked to Van Garderen in recent days too.

JRanton said:
CyclingDaddy55 said:

Source?

Vasilis said:
JRanton said:
CyclingDaddy55 said:

Source?
Daniel Friebe on the Cycling Podcast

Re:

Nirvana said:
Moscon has destryed the group also today.
It's incredible how they turned a classic rider into a top climbing domestique in such short time.
If his progression continues at this rate we'll see him battle for GC in a year or two.

Moscon climbed well last year in his neo-pro year - He won the queen stage and the GC at the Tour of Norway - Gee he won the Baby Lombardia in 2015 and the Coppi De Laghi in 2015 - These are hilly races.

yaco said:
Nirvana said:
It's incredible how they turned a classic rider into a top climbing domestique in such short time.
If his progression continues at this rate we'll see him battle for GC in a year or two.

Moscon climbed well last year in his neo-pro year - He won the queen stage and the GC at the Tour of Norway - Gee he won the Baby Lombardia in 2015 and the Coppi De Laghi in 2015 - These are hilly races.
It's not comparable, the "queen stage" of Arctic Race (not Tour of Norway) was an easy climb against riders like Gatto, Elminger, Gilbert (the bad version of him). The Piccolo Giro di Lombardia is nothing similar to the monument, expecially in the last years with RCS making routes harder and harder. Also at Coppi and Bartali where he did well last year were only easy hills against low level field.
Still this year he didn't show nothing in WT stage races like Tirreno or Romandia. He showed sign of improvement at the National Championship but the only strong climber dropped him easily. Then he did well in San Sebastian but his attack was on the flat. The first impressive climbing performance for him was only twenty days ago at Picon Blanco, then Cornella and today where he dropped world class climbers.

I think no one, even only a month ago, could predict this level from him.

Nirvana said:
yaco said:
Nirvana said:

It's not comparable, the "queen stage" of Arctic Race (not Tour of Norway) was an easy climb against riders like Gatto, Elminger, Gilbert (the bad version of him). The Piccolo Giro di Lombardia is nothing similar to the monument, expecially in the last years with RCS making routes harder and harder. Also at Coppi and Bartali where he did well last year were only easy hills against low level field.
Still this year he didn't show nothing in WT stage races like Tirreno or Romandia. He showed sign of improvement at the National Championship but the only strong climber dropped him easily. Then he did well in San Sebastian but his attack was on the flat. The first impressive climbing performance for him was only twenty days ago at Picon Blanco, then Cornella and today where he dropped world class climbers.

His level in the two stages and his past exploits as an espoir show that he can climb - He was very decent in the hills at the 2015 L'Avenir - Orica could have easily got Jack Haig ( like Moscon a 2nd year pro ) to do a Moscon - The only difference is Haig had a better climbing pedigree than Haig - And Moscon beat Haig in some of these espoir races.

Nirvana said:
yaco said:
Nirvana said:

I am impressed by him, but I can't say I'm surprised, he has shown great promise and versatility the last two years.

yaco said:
Nirvana said:
yaco said:
Nirvana said:

His level in the two stages and his past exploits as an espoir show that he can climb - He was very decent in the hills at the 2015 L'Avenir - Orica could have easily got Jack Haig ( like Moscon a 2nd year pro ) to do a Moscon - The only difference is Haig had a better climbing pedigree than Haig - And Moscon beat Haig in some of these espoir races.
I didn't say that he can't climb but that he didn't showed anything comparable to his recent performances in hard or long climb, he did well but on easy hills and his promising skill were in TT and cobbled races.

Look for example the profile of the two espoirs races you cited before (Piccolo Giro di Lombardia and Trofeo Laghi), are races for Ardennes riders not climbers.
altimetria_piccolo_2011.jpg

Stage-1437924395.jpg

I'm actually not that surprised by Moscon's performance so far, these short and sharp ramps should play to his strengths and he's arrived at the Vuelta relatively fresh compared to many.

It remains to be seen if he's quite so strong over the longer climbs next week but he's certainly proving to be the talent that many of us thought he'd be. Quite a few people on social media believed he'd be a future GT winner, it's going to be a great journey.