• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 103 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Team Sky Discussion thread

Salvarani said:
King Boonen said:
Salvarani said:
King Boonen said:
Salvarani said:
The team for Giro looks very promising. Especially since Sivakov and Tao been performing well. Sosa has been too, earlier in the season.

The one thing is that they are all very young and only Tao has actually completed a GT before. I can see they fading badly in a 3rd week or not completing the race at all. Bernal might have to defend himself on his own.

But then again it is this team... and they will probably be fine. Especially since they seem to have had a breakthrough and in good form.

If Elissonde, Puccio and Rosa are riding there's about 20 GT finishes between them isn't there?

They wasnt the subjects of my post either or was they?

Also, I wouldnt call those 3 very reliable...

It was those bits that drew my question, even without those riders two of the three names in your post have finished a GT.

Puccio seems pretty reliable, Rosa and Ellisonde can probably do a job. It's hard to judge what some domestiquea are capable of and in a team like Sky I can imagine that these guys get relegated to grunt work a lot of the time that we don't see. Maybe they'll step up if they're given the chance.

Sosa hasnt started one.
Sivakov DNF.

So how am I wrong for saying only Tao is the one that has completed a GT out of the three?
Sorry, I missed Sosa, so it's 2 out of 4 with Tao and Bernal.

I may be totally wrong about Bernal, but he may not need a train as much as Froome or Thomas. He certainly looked very capable of holding his own in the high mountains, doesn't seem like a rider who needs to be paced. But if so, it sure looked like Sivakov and/or TGH would be able to stick with a lead group of climbers. Maybe not both on the same stage but surely one or the other.

Re:

CTQ said:
a pic of the training camp in Colombia leaded by the race coach Xabier Artetxe with carer Christian Alonso and mechanic
Inaki Etxeberria. Jhonatan Narvaez was part of this training camp. I wonder if he will be in the line-up of the Giro
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwjoWJznoFN/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Very nice! Great to see the lads aren't neglecting the TT bikes...and also they are getting top notch nutrition.

Re:

rick james said:
So for the Giro it will be??

Bernal....Sosa...Sivakov…..The Tractor...Puccio....Tao....Henao…..Rosa

Bit light for horsepower on the flat
Wait, isn't Tao also scheduled to race? They will have an incredibly young climbing squad with lots and lots of talent, its pretty scary.

Edit: Try to compare that to the pile of *** Dumoulin got. Anyways, it will be good for the race since Egan would want to make the race, not defend like Froomey, altho it obviously depends on how much he loses to Rogla and Dumoulin on the TT

Mar 12, 2017
Visit site
Re: Re:

Poursuivant said:
rick james said:

Surely they’ll have one more flat guy, Puccio can’t do it all on his own.

Isn't Moscon riding it? Altough he hasn't been riding at great level lately.

Re: Re:

josemoreira said:
Poursuivant said:
rick james said:

Surely they’ll have one more flat guy, Puccio can’t do it all on his own.

Isn't Moscon riding it? Altough he hasn't been riding at great level lately.

Yes, Moscon’s nickname is ‘il Trattore’ or the tractor in English.

Are we sure that Moscon is riding?
In the cobbles classics looked like he didn't recover from the crashes in UAE and was bad in every race except maybe Scheldeprijs where he pulled a bit in the finale, before Ronde he said that he would have skipped Ardennes to ride in Tirol as Giro preparation but he didn't show up and we haven't heard anything from him lately.

Edit: he didn't even go with the other Italians at the Worlds route recon last week.

I'm trying to think of SKY's first involvement with cycling? About 1995 SKY TV sponsored a city centre criterium series with guys like Rob Hayles, Rod Ellingworth and Shane Sutton (and many others not so familiar to most forum users) competing for somewhat decent cash. I'm not sure if that was SKY's first involvement though.

image_from_ios_670.jpg

If this is OffTopic Mods please feel free ...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/02/shame-on-you-chris-froome-finds-team-not-welcome-in-yorkshire

Yet at the start line in Doncaster on Thursday, Chris Froome, the team’s star rider, was greeted by boos.

The four-time Tour de France winner was trying to give an interview on stage while a small but vocal group of protesters shouted “Shame on you” and “Change your sponsor” while waving placards reading “Frack off Ineos, tha’s not welcome in Yorkshire” and “On your bike, Ineos”. They refused to shut up, despite being told to button it by fans keen for the race not to be overshadowed by the demonstration.

Pleased to see Egan is out on the TT bike again. This lad seems to have the right idea about what it takes to be a Grand Tour winner and not just a contender. Of course it helps he is on the right team to learn exactly what is involved in becoming a GT champion.

Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
If this is OffTopic Mods please feel free ...

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2019/may/02/shame-on-you-chris-froome-finds-team-not-welcome-in-yorkshire

Yet at the start line in Doncaster on Thursday, Chris Froome, the team’s star rider, was greeted by boos.

The four-time Tour de France winner was trying to give an interview on stage while a small but vocal group of protesters shouted “Shame on you” and “Change your sponsor” while waving placards reading “Frack off Ineos, tha’s not welcome in Yorkshire” and “On your bike, Ineos”. They refused to shut up, despite being told to button it by fans keen for the race not to be overshadowed by the demonstration.

I was there and yes some people were protesting but it was not that vocal, more cheers than boos but thats the press for you