• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos Discussion thread

Page 154 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
According to Tosatto Carapaz and Tao will still be their gc riders for the Giro.
Source: https://www.tuttobiciweb.it/article...atto-intervista-bernal-ganna-carapaz.-viviani
I guess that maybe Porte will ride the Tour instead, but I don't expect too many big changes.
That's according to the author, Tosatto quote is a lot different:

Di riunioni per discutere come cambiare le punte ai grandi Giri a tappe dopo quanto è accaduto a Egan non ne abbiamo ancora fatte.

I think they were clear with Adam Yates but not with Martinez. I assume that they were a bit surprised by his performances. Strange but at least they are giving themselves a double choice. Because going to the Tour with Adam in mind only was crazy. Where is Thomas in all this anyway?

Good question. But he does have a lot of experience doing cobbles so in that perspective, it makes sense not to have him ride there. But yeah, I think his days as a GT contender are likely over.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Watching Tao today I was wondering :
Is he the worst GT winner of the last 20 years ?
Granted his career is not over yet, but have we seen another GT winner that was as weak as he is ? Even Oscar Pereiro is more impressive to me.

Make me wonder was there ever any grand tour like it? Not particularly the outcome, but everything feels freakish the whole race, and honestly, doesn't feel serious enough to be taken seriously.
Although it was also one of the key races where, for me, the 'mass changing of the guard' thing felt sealed, and I was realizing not only the likes of the two Slovenes and the crossers were on board, but some unreliable kids too.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
Mar 31, 2022
Visit site
Nice effort by Martinez today. I wonder whether he will be seen as a joint lead at the TDF.
I am a big believer in him, I think he has a better chance of finishing on the podium at the tour than A. Yates.
He is extremely strong, relatively young and had impressive results in the past while working for others.

I see him as a potential GT winner.

I am a big believer in him, I think he has a better chance of finishing on the podium at the tour than A. Yates.
He is extremely strong, relatively young and had impressive results in the past while working for others.

I see him as a potential GT winner.
Same. Ineos doesnt have that much going for them and they are sending a lot of firepower to the Giro, so I guess it will between Yates, Martinez and Thomas this Tour. Thomas has seen better days but can potentially still go well with the right prep and no crashes and so on, but I really do think Martinez is their best bet as well.
And how about Sivakov?

Not with that descending skills. He is just so bad. I mean he loses positions on easy-slow paced downhills by the peloton. The moment he is in leaders jersey and a real threat they will just attack him on downhills and tire him out.

Does anyone know why is he so bad? Did he had some crash at younger age or what?
I can't remember any really bad crashes, but to me it looks like it's mainly fear at higher speeds, he isn't making clear cut technical mistakes.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
I think GT declared last week that at the moment A. Yates and DFM have been declared joint leaders for Ineos at the Tour de France. I think that makes sense, and it also makes me quite happy because both of them are entertaining attacking riders. Hopefully they will be able to mount a podium challenge.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
Same. Ineos doesnt have that much going for them and they are sending a lot of firepower to the Giro, so I guess it will between Yates, Martinez and Thomas this Tour. Thomas has seen better days but can potentially still go well with the right prep and no crashes and so on, but I really do think Martinez is their best bet as well.
And how about Sivakov?

Sivakov hasn't shown very much for a while to suggest he can challenge in a GT.