• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1094 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
So anyway, I was reading about this and that and came across Ellginworth's book, "Project Rainbow". Some very interesting insights into Rod, his coaching, the riders on the world's team, etc.

Read the foreword and flicked through the rest; seems readable.

Looking forward to asking a very difficult question.

"If you’re a cheat, you're a cheat, you're not half a cheat. You wouldn't say, 'I'll cheat here but I'm not going to cheat over there; I'll cheat on a Monday but not on a Tuesday." Dave Brailsford
And the BBC reports:

"'I just crashed, I did it on purpose to get a restart, just to have the fastest ride,' said the 19-year-old afterwards."

"But British Cycling said Hindes had been misunderstood due to English not being his first language, and Olympic bosses said they would not investigate."

"Teams are allowed a second start and Hindes appeared to say he intentionally crashed because the Great Britain team's start was not good enough."

I thought Brits didn't cheat?

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Leaving aside the coincidence of new to the forum Justin just happening to ask dw - The one poster who most strongly believes in the txema sky conspiracy, about the subject, it's clear on thus occasion it was introduced by the sky defender. Then dw posts his explanations, waiting in the wings, the usual suspects will soon try and blame the entire clinic for his postings.

Seems to me like dw was played.

Ok guys - an open post to a lot of you on here who have seen my posts over the last few days.

I took exception to the SKY soigneur post late at night for various reasons, including:

1. I just felt that the 'doctor to save soigneurs' comment was flippant in the scheme of what had happened. A man died. I've heard about some pretty dirty things in cycling in my time but I just don't think things are quite like that anymore (and granted I know these things have happened in the past - I've read Willy Voets book). I felt it was a cheap shot.

2. Another post elsewhere (on Armstrong & Cancer) had really wound me up - I'm not going to go in to specifics but I let it influence my thoughts and then actions on some other posts in other threads.

Also, I was probably unlucky in hitting DW with it as well.

Anyway, if it was seen as inflammatory / re-hashed then I apologise for that. I kept myself off here for 48 hours because I didn't want to read & respond.

This is the Clinic and its where doping related matters are discussed. I enjoy the banter / argument / counter argument and look forward to posting more in the future.

Don't be late Pedro said:
I'm curious. Did he actually break the rules?
Of course he did. Why do you think the staff said his comments were mis-translated ?
Don't worry. Brits cheat like every other humans. For example they use testosterone before division 6 football games : http://kickoff.blogs.lequipe.fr/jeremy-funes-je-faisais-la-plonge/
However the Brits want to make the world believe that cheating is not compatible with their culture.
That also is cheating ... because everybody knows there's no such thing as a british culture :)

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
lllludo said:
Of course he did. Why do you think the staff said his comments were mis-translated ?
Don't worry. Brits cheat like every other humans. For example they use testosterone before division 6 football games : http://kickoff.blogs.lequipe.fr/jeremy-funes-je-faisais-la-plonge/
However the Brits want to make the world believe that cheating is not compatible with their culture.
That also is cheating ... because everybody knows there's no such thing as a british culture :)
So what rule did he break? It honestly don't know if it's against the rules? I am not talking bad sportsmanship but an actual rule.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
lllludo said:

PR, obviously.

It looked like bad sportsmanship. It WAS bad sportsmanship. Doesn't necessarily follow it was cheating i.e. breaking a rule - my understanding is that the rule on restarts is pretty poorly drafted, and leaves a lot up to the commissars' discretion.

Indeed, a few weeks later at the Paras, Jody Cunday was denied a restart he probably should have had, because of Commissars, and perhaps indeed, because they remembered Hindes.

Of course, you could just be racist land remind everyone that Hindes is a German ringer, but that would be bad sport ;-)

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
martinvickers said:
PR, obviously.

It looked like bad sportsmanship. It WAS bad sportsmanship. Doesn't necessarily follow it was cheating i.e. breaking a rule - my understanding is that the rule on restarts is pretty poorly drafted, and leaves a lot up to the commissars' discretion.

Indeed, a few weeks later at the Paras, Jody Cunday was denied a restart he probably should have had, because of Commissars, and perhaps indeed, because they remembered Hindes.

Of course, you could just be racist land remind everyone that Hindes is a German ringer, but that would be bad sport ;-)
You could also argue that Hindes is not part of Sky.

TRENDING THREADS