• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1181 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
I did reply...but engaging with you is pointless. You see Martin you are very quick to jump in. When I said originally on here this is pointless, I meant it's pointless engaging with most people on here.

That's the difference.

Oh dear. I see that ceasefire is over already. Ah well, we live and learn.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
The usual patronising condescending post from martin whereby he tells us all how we should be behaving and posting.

Btw, I have been reading this forum, without posting, a lot this week. And the thing that leaps out at me, is that you Martin are guilty of the one thing you and your buddies on twitter used to gang up on me about...bullying.

I hardly ever see a post from you where you don't insult. And I cannot fathom how you get away with it. You are constantly ribbing, patronising, insulting.

If you have a problem with my posting, take it to the moderators, Digger.

I hold people to account for their posting. No more, no less. If I mock a post, it's because the post deserves mockery. Compared to most in here, it is pretty light touch. How that can possibly be described as bullying is ... beyond me. By you, especially, Digger.

I don't attack anyone's family. I don't 'out' anybody. I don't threaten violence against anybody. And I certainly don't join in with the mob. What I do is treat hysteria or juvenalia as exactly that.

As for Twitter, I would genuinely have hoped you'd learned something about the way to treat people, and what happens when those basic decencies break down. It always comes back to bite you thirty times as bad. In the end. Because there's always somebody out there, willing to take it further, no matter how hardcore you, me or anyone else thinks they are.

martinvickers said:
If you have a problem with my posting, take it to the moderators, Digger.

I hold people to account for their posting. No more, no less. If I mock a post, it's because the post deserves mockery. Compared to most in here, it is pretty light touch. How that can possibly be described as bullying is ... beyond me. By you, especially, Digger.

I don't attack anyone's family. I don't 'out' anybody. I don't threaten violence against anybody. And I certainly don't join in with the mob. What I do is treat hysteria or juvenalia as exactly that.

As for Twitter, I would genuinely have hoped you'd learned something about the way to treat people, and what happens when those basic decencies break down. It always comes
back to bite you thirty times as bad. In the end. Because there's always somebody out there, willing to take it further, no matter how hardcore you, me or anyone else thinks they are.

You are some hypocrite...if we are talking about twitter here and how to behave on it. Considering the stuff you've said about me on it.

martinvickers said:
As for Twitter, I would genuinely have hoped you'd learned something about the way to treat people, and what happens when those basic decencies break down. It always comes back to bite you thirty times as bad. In the end. Because there's always somebody out there, willing to take it further, no matter how hardcore you, me or anyone else thinks they are.

Cower in the face of bullies is your advice. :rolleyes:

You going to pm Michel that advice too? It's all her fault for saying contador is a doper. She should have considered there are people on the internet prepared to take that as an insult. Ergo it's her fault.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
I could go back to last june and July and talk of certain tweets from Martin. About me. About Shane Stokes....so he's some man to be lecturing others on how to behave.

History repeats, the first time as tragedy, the second as farce.

You got banned once for this crack. Are we going her again?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
You are some hypocrite...if we are talking about twitter here and how to behave on it. Considering the stuff you've said about me on it.

I said a fair bit, and stand by most of it. I said nothing about SS, he simply assumed a remark about you was aimed at him. He was mistaken; fair enough.

I also know what I did when you met your match on the nastiness front. It seems you forget, and I find that somewhat sad. But, as I said, you live and learn.

Anyway, looking forward to your letter to Cookson and his reply. Do share.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Cower in the face of bullies is your advice. :rolleyes:

Wow. Strawman de luxe, right there

You going to pm Michel that advice too? It's all her fault for saying contador is a doper. She should have considered there are people on the internet prepared to take that as an insult. Ergo it's her fault.

And a non sequitor of quite epic proportions.

I think that bile re: myself is putting you on tilt again, Hitch.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Digger said:
And you got banned for what?

Anyway, look in the mirror before you are so quick to lecture us all about the right way to behave online.

Thanks, Digger, but I'm sure you'll understand if I don't take advice from your goodself, all the same.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
Didn't you post some of your tweets here before? Hardly 'outing' you if someone posts some of your tweets again :rolleyes:

I hope you back then listened to Shane's advice to you

Netserk,

Digger's already got a ban on the subject. You feel like joining him, fire ahead.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Netserk said:
So you should be banned then for quoting a tweet of yours here?

Hmmmm...

aaa.jpg

Quite.

martinvickers said:
Netserk,

Digger's already got a ban on the subject. You feel like joining him, fire ahead.
Hold on a sec.

Just a moment ago you were bringing up what happened to digger on Twitter. (Which btw was very personal and imo digger should decode whether he wants it discussed here or not, since he was the victim and maybe he doesn't want the whole world to know).

You had no problem doing that, but then when people respond by mentioning your Twitter, they should be banned ?

The Hitch said:
Hold on a sec.

Just a moment ago you were bringing up what happened to digger on Twitter. (Which btw was very personal and imo digger should decode whether he wants it discussed here or not, since he was the victim and maybe he doesn't want the whole world to know).

You had no problem doing that, but then when people respond by mentioning your Twitter, they should be banned ?

This is exactly it...as someone pointed out before, it's a full court press against me, and I am not allowed get the ball.

What's more he has actually referenced his own tweets.

Martin can reference my tweets, my behaviour...when someone else does it, then he plays the ban card.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Hold on a sec.

He brought up twitter; and I was pretty f***ing careful to be opaque about that incident, but given what was basically a personal attack on here against me after what had been a period of relative civility, it was apposite. I've no desire or intention of bringing the details of it over here. it was a sick episode, as I made pretty f***ing clear at the time.

But given what he was banned for with regards myself, the irony is pretty f***ing hard to miss.

martinvickers said:
He brought up twitter; and I was pretty f***ing careful to be opaque about that incident, but given what was basically a personal attack on here against me after what had been a period of relative civility, it was apposite. I've no desire or intention of bringing the details of it over here. it was a sick episode, as I made pretty f***ing clear at the time.

But given what he was banned for with regards myself, the irony is pretty f***ing hard to miss.

ohhh we are getting angry....tut tut.

So you are comparing what I did, to the abuse I got...:rolleyes:

By the way, you are two faced as hell.