• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1191 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
the sceptic said:
oh this tour is going to be the most hillarious one yet.

sounds like sky are about to go more full *** than ever :eek:

I actually have really high hopes about the Tour this year, has the 2009 feeling about it, and that certainly delivered.

Froome the young buck
Contador the statesman
Mick Rogers as Klöden
Nibali and Valverde as the Schlecks? (seeing as they don't seem fit to reprise their roles).

Who can we get to play "That Garmin" ?

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Froome said he was looking forward to using it in a competitive environment. “Just holding it you can feel immediately the weight is a huge factor,” he said. “They’ve managed to get the weight right down. Then, getting onto the bike and trying it for the first time, you can feel the rigidity. When you push on the pedals the power goes straight through the bike. It doesn’t flex, it doesn’t move.”
How about that for an innovation...

What's next, round wheels? Do these people think all people are morons?

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Fearless Greg Lemond said:

Which game is it going to change?

Are they seriously going to say Froome is going 5% quicker because of his bike?

And what's with the weight stuff? Like 6.8kg is difficult? :confused:

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Which game is it going to change?

Are they seriously going to say Froome is going 5% quicker because of his bike?

And what's with the weight stuff? Like 6.8kg is difficult? :confused:
http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/...lo-pinarello-dogma-65-1-think2-12-46613/#null

Total weight without pedals or bottle cages was 6.85kg (15.1lb). Swapping in a set of low-profile carbon tubulars could easily bring the figure closer to 6.5kg (14.3lb).

Minus 9% would mean 6.1 kilograms. Yes Dave, we also believe in Unicorns.

PR morons.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
Call me simple, but aren't they just helping to market this frame/bike for Pinarello? There's people on at least one other forum salivating over this bike. What's been put out simply sounds like marketing speak.
I won't.

Of course it is marketing but do you know a lot of people who can afford a 12.000 Euro bike?

Trying to sell an illegal road race bike is not so good for your PR.

And of course it again is a nice bike by Pinarello, I am more a Bianchi man though.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
I won't.

Of course it is marketing but do you know a lot of people who can afford a 12.000 Euro bike?

Trying to sell an illegal road race bike is not so good for your PR.

And of course it again is a nice bike by Pinarello, I am more a Bianchi man though.

Well we've all heard the marketing boll*x going back decades, so it's nothing new. I personally think it looks quite nice, but I'm with you on Bianchi. I've still got my steel framed 1997 Bianchi sitting in the garage, one of the best descending bikes I've ever ridden. Not sure if this Pina will come as a frame only option making it a bit cheaper, I suppose you can always wait for the Chinese version!

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Hawkwood said:
Well we've all heard the marketing boll*x going back decades, so it's nothing new. I personally think it looks quite nice, but I'm with you on Bianchi. I've still got my steel framed 1997 Bianchi sitting in the garage, one of the best descending bikes I've ever ridden. Not sure if this Pina will come as a frame only option making it a bit cheaper, I suppose you can always wait for the Chinese version!
The beauty of it they are trying to sell off last years flagship [Dogma 65] as a dog with no legs.

When one does a tiny bit of 'research' one will see on the Pinarello site the 10% less weight is for the frame and fork, so, that means aproximately about 120 grams of weightloss for the bike. I once read somewhere 1 kg means about 20 seconds on a climb like Alpe de Bore, so what impact would 120 grams have?

Lets hope the 'dirty air' behind the new Dogma will not sufficate the other bikers on the road ;)

Indeed, pure boll@cks.

http://www.pinarello.com/en/dogma-f8#item1

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
So a bicycle company is releasing a bike and claiming it improves performance?

Wow.

And the team that rides their bikes is trying to hide their doping in the so called new improvements given by new bike......;)

as you said Jimbo, Wow, we have been here before......:rolleyes:

They seem to think people forget this was all trotted out before.....:)

JimmyFingers said:
So a bicycle company is releasing a bike and claiming it improves performance?

Wow.

:D

just imagine how many companies we saw promoting their bikes and making riders promo-interview about how better their bike are.
Cervelo S5, Giant Propel, Specy Venge to name a few.

the Clinic becomes aware of the marketing around pro-bikes just when Pina gets Froome to promote their new rig :rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
And the team that rides their bikes is trying to hide their doping in the so called new improvements given by new bike......;)

as you said Jimbo, Wow, we have been here before......:rolleyes:

They seem to think people forget this was all trotted out before.....:)

Sorry but this is bonkers. Pinarello spend hundred of thousands on R&D, they sponsor Sky, that sponsorship sells their bikes. They will want to claim performance boosts to the rider, and have that reflected in the pro-riders that ride them, so everyday Jo on the street wants them. Not necessarily the top-end models, but there's a trickle dow.

It's how sponsorship and marketing works, the same way car company's race cars to sell other cars. To claim its a front for doping is desperate.

And also to claim improvements in bikes doesn't improve a riders performance is luddism of the highest order.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:

just imagine how many companies we saw promoting their bikes and making riders promo-interview about how better their bike are.

the Clinic becomes aware of the marketing around pro-bikes just when Pina gets Froome to promote their new rig :rolleyes:

This x 100, this is desperation stakes to use bike marketing as a smoke screen for doping. And as you point out, only when Sky sponsors launch a new bike.

I suppose Rui Costa's endlessly player Merida advert on Eurosport is actually a coded admittance of doping.

zlev11 said:
"Three holes on the seat tube allow a lower position for a second bottle, reducing drag"

truly revolutionary.

cervelo-s5-5.jpg

well, Cervelo S5 has 3 holes too, to allow a reduced drag, and I don't remember anyone in the Clinic blaming cervelo about that.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site

breaking news: Brailsford reinvents the wheel.

"its wonderful" Brailsford said. "The new wheel is more round than ever. Our experts are telling me its 75% more aerodyniamic than normal wheels"

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
pastronef said:

Sorry pastro, but put your Sky glasses off for one second ;) ; Knight of the Realm Saint Dave of Brailsford has developed this bike, with a little help from Jaguar and Pinarello.

Please, do keep up with the pace on here.

well, Cervelo S5 has 3 holes too, to allow a reduced drag, and I don't remember anyone in the Clinic blaming cervelo about that.
Oh. I thought St. Jonathan of Vaughters used it to explain Twiggo's Tour of 2009?

Must be mistaken here...

May 26, 2010
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
This x 100, this is desperation stakes to use bike marketing as a smoke screen for doping. And as you point out, only when Sky sponsors launch a new bike.

I suppose Rui Costa's endlessly player Merida advert on Eurosport is actually a coded admittance of doping.

I have not heard whether Rui Costa's DS has given interviews á la Brailsford trying to sell us the massive improvements the bike gives....got a link Jimmy.

Apples and oranges.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
pastronef said:
cervelo-s5-5.jpg

Got a link where Vaughters talks about how Hesjedal winning Il Giro using a cervelo had all these advantages?:rolleyes: