• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1192 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
The beauty of it they are trying to sell off last years flagship [Dogma 65] as a dog with no legs.

When one does a tiny bit of 'research' one will see on the Pinarello site the 10% less weight is for the frame and fork, so, that means aproximately about 120 grams of weightloss for the bike. I once read somewhere 1 kg means about 20 seconds on a climb like Alpe de Bore, so what impact would 120 grams have?

Lets hope the 'dirty air' behind the new Dogma will not sufficate the other bikers on the road ;)

Indeed, pure boll@cks.

http://www.pinarello.com/en/dogma-f8#item1

Cycling mags are becoming more like Hi Fi ones, reviews of bikes aimed at weekend warriors, talk about 0.5 kg of extra weight supposedly holding the reviewer back on a short climb, new super carbon configurations leading to more direct `power transfer', stomping on the pedals immediately resulted in acceleration, blah, blah....! Sky's praise of this new bike is clearly aimed at being incorporated into such reviews word for word, accompanied, of course, by a full-page Pina advert.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have not heard whether Rui Costa's DS has given interviews á la Brailsford trying to sell us the massive improvements the bike gives....got a link Jimmy.

Apples and oranges.
Right, so it has to be the DS and then it can be tied to doping. You do talk some rubbish. Fact.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
I have not heard whether Rui Costa's DS has given interviews á la Brailsford trying to sell us the massive improvements the bike gives....got a link Jimmy.

Apples and oranges.

Seriously yawn, this is a total non-story, but then you seize on anything Sky-related and blow it up into something its not. Carry on.

Rounder wheels are so 2012.

I have little doubt that this is mainly advertising hype.

They likely have the figures to support it, but from non-blinded testing so there are easily ways to skew results a little.

If I ever won one, I'd be happy to ride it.
No chance in heck of me paying that much for a bike.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
I really wouldnt get excited about this - the data is a comparison to the previous dogma - which was a bag of ****e no one would spend their own money when you could have a Foil or Madone or BC secret squirell instead.

What is more interesting from a clinic point of view is that they were able to keep up and win on heavy not very aero bikes designed for fat corporate types to ride to the gold club :D

EDIT jesus reading through that interview Brailsford really is a *** of epic proportions* - has he looked at a bike in the last 5 years? rear mech wire coming out of dropout FFS. Anyone the slightest bit streetwise would run rings round him - and when you look at who has been on the team, there has been plenty of streetwise characters on it
* or allows himself to be portrayed as one by the PR dept - maybe this is Millar's revenge

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/news...very-ahead-skys-tour-de-france-defence-124657

“I’m getting much better now, which is good,” he continued. “I have been a sick young man the past few months. I’ll have another blood test when I get down from altitude but the way I’m feeling now I think I’m definitely through it and I’ll be fresh for the Tour.”

Sky coach Rod Ellingworth has said Porte deserves and will get a break to vie for a Grand Tour victory and whether that comes at the Vuelta a Espana this season remains to be seen.

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Catwhoorg said:
Where a kid can ride just about anywhere on the island in an hour or two.
That's got to be a good motivation.

It used to have a famous week long cycling festival, with the Manx Trophy road race, which was climax of the week, attracting stars such as Coppi, Simpson, Anquetil and Merckx. Sadly the festival ended in 2003.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Berzin said:
A company using it's team to market a new frame is nothing new. It's done every year.

So please refrain from the Pinarello bashing and get back on topic.
May I suggest you get on topic? The article clearly stated the new Dogma was Dave Brailsfords' latest project, I quote:
“I’ve never seen anything like this [project], or been involved in anything like this over the years,” said Brailsford, speaking at the Jaguar Land Rover plant in Gaydon, Warwickshire. “And we’ve done quite a few interesting projects in the past as I’m sure those of you who follow the [GB] Olympic programme have seen. So it’s massively exciting.

“When you realise the amount of creativity, R and D and effort that goes in at a place like this, and the investment, it is phenomenal. Way, way bigger than I realised. That side of it is unique as far as I’m aware. It is a really, really good step in the right direction. Very exciting.”

“It would be difficult to put it into percentage terms but there is no doubt about it, with the bandwidth of competitive advantage narrowing all the time...it’s like a knowledge war, like in Formula One,” he said. “Everyone is looking for an edge and of course the bike is such a fundamental part of the sport and any advantage in that area is going to give us an overall advantage.”
A new marginal gain Berzin.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
May I suggest you get on topic? The article clearly stated the new Dogma was Dave Brailsfords' latest project, I quote:
A new marginal gain Berzin.

How is any of that on topic? He's discussing a bike, not a doping product. Seriously its the same guff you get from teams and manufacturers, you have just chosen to seize on it as another issue to throw unbalanced accusations at Sky. Majorly off topic.

JimmyFingers said:
How is any of that on topic? He's discussing a bike, not a doping product. Seriously its the same guff you get from teams and manufacturers, you have just chosen to seize on it as another issue to throw unbalanced accusations at Sky. Majorly off topic.

I thought the topic was "Sky", and the discussion is in the clinic because that's where the discussion needed to have room to go. The topic is not necessarily "Sky Doping".

red_flanders said:
I thought the topic was "Sky", and the discussion is in the clinic because that's where the discussion needed to have room to go. The topic is not necessarily "Sky Doping".

The magical gains spoken about with regards to the bike will be used to explain why a d-grade pro can out climb the pro peloton. The gullible British public fall for super Daves bs once more.

Froomey can't be a cheat - it's his new bike designed by a car company that made him win. Go Dave, you're the greatest sporting manager the world has ever seen, how you can motivate and manage people to perform far above their normal performance is astounding.

I bet super Dave also promises both Froome and Brad the leadership for the Tour and leaves it to his staff to sort out again.

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Two Sky riders in 2012 Tour winner Bradley Wiggins and runner-up Chris Froome have previously stood on the final podium in Paris and, you never know, the disappointment of missing a shot at the Giro just may serve as added motivation for Porte, who is considered much more than a super domestique.

“That would be a dream but I know we’re going there for Chris and that makes sense,” he said. “I’m looking forward to the Tour. We’ve got a good team so hopefully I won’t have to sacrifice until a little bit later this year.”

I want a Sky 1-2-3 in Paris. The Internet will burn.

Nathan12 said:
Two Sky riders in 2012 Tour winner Bradley Wiggins and runner-up Chris Froome have previously stood on the final podium in Paris and, you never know, the disappointment of missing a shot at the Giro just may serve as added motivation for Porte, who is considered much more than a super domestique.

“That would be a dream but I know we’re going there for Chris and that makes sense,” he said. “I’m looking forward to the Tour. We’ve got a good team so hopefully I won’t have to sacrifice until a little bit later this year.”

I want a Sky 1-2-3 in Paris. The Internet will burn.

If Porte beats an in-form Contador I give up.

Can you imagine. Contador getting beaten by his former useless domestique.

We will see.

bobbins said:
The magical gains spoken about with regards to the bike will be used to explain why a d-grade pro can out climb the pro peloton. The gullible British public fall for super Daves bs once more.

Froomey can't be a cheat - it's his new bike designed by a car company that made him win. Go Dave, you're the greatest sporting manager the world has ever seen, how you can motivate and manage people to perform far above their normal performance is astounding.

I bet super Dave also promises both Froome and Brad the leadership for the Tour and leaves it to his staff to sort out again.

Also squarely on point.

TRENDING THREADS