• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1219 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
BYOP88 said:
Yes, all but the evil Sky riders were "in contention". :D

Look Wiggins finished 9th in that race and not once whilst it was on did I think "oh Wiggins is 'in contention' to win"(I'm guessing there are others who share this view too).

A top-20 in a monument is a very good result. Top-10 is a great result. I fully realize there is a group of watchers who think 2nd is "first loser" and if that's the case with you, then there's nothing more to be posted.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
BYOP88 said:
No I'm not mad, I don't get mad about internet stuff.

Just one thing people, yourself included make disparaging remarks about 'the clinic' but you all still post here. Just out of interest, why?

Regardless of who won the Vuelta it was hardly going to be a good day for clean cycling, just like today's result is not a good day for clean cycling.

We arent supposed to say that brits are doping. Were supposed to be not sure.

Thats the "reasoned discussion" he wants to have.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
A top-20 in a monument is a very good result. Top-10 is a great result. I fully realize there is a group of watchers who think 2nd is "first loser" and if that's the case with you, then there's nothing more to be posted.

Nah I don't buy into this "2nd is first loser" stuff. I just believe that a guy can finish 9th in a race and not be in contention for the win.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
the sceptic said:
We arent supposed to say that brits are doping. Were supposed to be not sure.

Thats the "reasoned discussion" he wants to have.

So everyone cheats and dopes aside from the limeys, who show those who cheat that you can win clean etc etc...........

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
TTer wins TT

Meltdown.

Yeah. Just look at post below. Feels sorry for a TTer who comes 2nd and who he doesn't think is clean but expresses disgust at the TTer that came 1st and who thinks he's doping.

That's what you're dealing with at times in here.

It's pathetic.

the sceptic said:
Feel bad for Tony Martin getting robbed by Wiggins.

Not that I think Martin is clean of course, but Wiggins is just a total joke.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Yeah. Just look at post below. Feels sorry for a TTer who comes 2nd and who he doesn't think is clean but expresses disgust at the TTer that came 1st and who thinks he's doping.

It's pathetic.

Tony Martin is a TTer.

Wiggins is a pursuiter turned decent TTer turned climber turned best TTer in the world.

Let me know when Tony Martin wins the tour, and I will call him a total joke too.

neineinei said:
Froome had marginally more bonus seconds than Contador (4 I think).

There is a reason why dude, on a day like this, want to discuss Contadors Vuelta in a thread about Sky.

Dude had actually chance to do that when it was more topic, last week, in the proper thread, but didn't took it.

Show whats motivates Skybots and it clearly aint clean cycling.

Speaks about the Clinic as an asylum when it possible went down that path the moment these people followed cycling in 2011 and tried to convince the board Sky was riding clean.

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Hello ladies and gentleman, I have not read the forum in a while and I see it's just like a soap opera you come back and nothing has changed. But anyhow juiced to the eyes or not, however you want to look at it I'm really happy that Wiggins won that time trial. And the fact that he can still generate that power and they didn't use him as a leader at all! In any tour this year shows Sky needs a new DS!!

May 26, 2010
Visit site
gooner said:
You mad?

I'm having a great chuckle to myself. That's all you can do when reading parts of the asylum these days. All reasoned discussion went out the window a long time ago.

Guys like the sceptic and their ilk were off celebrating Contador's Vuelta win into sunset as he's a nice guy and has a great riding style. That wasn't a bad day for clean cycling at all.:rolleyes:

If it wasn't for that dirty Wiggins and Team Sky.

Laughing like a lunatic no doubt.:D

Imagine clean Wiggins beating OPQS&Ibauguren's Tony Martin, as commentators in cycling would say 'unbelievable'.........

Not sure what Contador has to do with it, sounds like sours grapes.

Contador has become the whipping boy for all of the Skybots. he's basically the antichrist on all of the bot forums on the internet ever since he beat poor old clean Froomedog at the Vuelta. it's just like with Lance and US Postal. it's the same exact thing all over again, you'd think people would learn.

fool me once...

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
neineinei said:
Froome had marginally more bonus seconds than Contador (4 I think).

Okay, I wasn't keeping track during the Vuelta. I'm not a fan of time bonusses, though I suppose they can liven things up in the opening stages of a tour.

laurel1969

BANNED
Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I see the general level here has descended to pointless and unpleasant at the hand of the usual culprits.

No. Today is not a good day for clean cycling. Can anybody remember when there was one? Must have been plenty given the absence of similar posts about other victories.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
laurel1969 said:
I see the general level here has descended to pointless and unpleasant at the hand of the usual culprits.

No. Today is not a good day for clean cycling. Can anybody remember when there was one? Must have been plenty given the absence of similar posts about other victories.

And yet you keep coming back and adding absolutely nothing to the discussion, same as your previous incarnations.......:rolleyes:

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
Winner! Winner!

Clearly you missed the context of all this.

gooner said:

It's pathetic.

the sceptic said:
Feel bad for Tony Martin getting robbed by Wiggins.

Not that I think Martin is clean of course, but Wiggins is just a total joke.

Now I ask again. What is the difference between Martin who you think isn't clean and feel sorry for, and Wiggins who you think is doped to the gills?

You said in the PRR section just now, if Froome wins on Sunday cycling won't recover. Yet you said nothing of the sort in the Vuelta.

It's like listening to thunder. Full of tosh.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

Imagine clean Wiggins beating OPQS&Ibauguren's Tony Martin, as commentators in cycling would say 'unbelievable'.........

Consistency benotti. This has been going on for sometime. I predicted before the Vuelta all this would happen.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

I'm sure the Sky fan we both know has disregarded that at the moment and will mention it the next time Martin beats Wiggins.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:
Clearly you missed the context of all this.

Now I ask again. What is the difference between Martin who you think isn't clean and feel sorry for, and Wiggins who you think is doped to the gills?

You said in the PRR section just now, if Froome wins on Sunday cycling won't recover. Yet you said nothing of the sort in the Vuelta.

It's like listening to thunder. Full of tosh.

I dont like Wiggins and think he is a total fraud. Deal with it.

Everyone has their favourite dopers. You too. The difference is that I dont try to fool myself into thinking any of them are cleans.

TRENDING THREADS