• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1228 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
2014 - gone to outer space for re-fill, thus not riding
2013 - DNF
2012 - DNF
2011-2005; not on earth, thus not riding the worlds
2004 - 8th (when still riding clean ;), beating dopers like FSchleck, Basso, Mancebo, Rasmussen, Vino, etc... but unable to get close to sprinters like Zabel, O´Grady, Gomez and Davis in that day. Yikes!)
2003 - 76th
2002 - DNF
1999 - DNF

This really is too difficult for some people, isn't it? Amazing. And it seems so easy. A 100% DNF rate, that's what's being looked for, ok? Not a 66.67% fail rate, not any other fail rate less than 100%. Is this clear now? We're looking for a perfect (non-)score. A clean duck. A big, fat, zero. From six or more starts.

Think of it as being the difference between Raymond Poulidor and Joop Zoetemelk. Z's career as a failure ended tragically when he won, leaving Poulidor the undisputed champion of not being a champ.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
This really is too difficult for some people, isn't it? Amazing. And it seems so easy. A 100% DNF rate, that's what's being looked for, ok? Not a 66.67% fail rate, not any other fail rate less than 100%. Is this clear now? We're looking for a perfect (non-)score. A clean duck. A big, fat, zero. From six or more starts.

Think of it as being the difference between Raymond Poulidor and Joop Zoetemelk. Z's career as a failure ended tragically when he won, leaving Poulidor the undisputed champion.

This really is too difficult for some people, isn't it?
Horner DNF until the age of 32... Still a lot of time for Froome.
Got it? Now? Finally?

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
This really is too difficult for some people, isn't it?
Horner DNF until the age of 32... Still a lot of time for Froome.
Got it? Now? Finally?

This isn't about age, this isn't about whether Froome may lose any claim - which is what is being questioned here, whether he has any claim - to the title. This is about who holds the record for the perfect (non-)score at the worlds, the biggest 100% DNF score. Not the most DNFs.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
This isn't about age, this isn't about whether Froome may lose any claim - which is what is being questioned here, whether he has any claim - to the title. This is about who holds the record for the perfect (non-)score at the worlds, the biggest 100% DNF score. Not the most DNF's.

First of all, the criteria of 100% DNF was set by you & some others.
I set my critera with (old) age performance improvement; a much stronger correlation to find out the worst over-the-top-dopers than simple hate towards one team.

What you guys really wanted to say, is that Froome is unable to finsih worlds because of his to-peak-at-certain-events-doping.

And I just gave an example that Froome isn´t the worst of those kinf of riders. There is alien™ Horner, there is AC with his famous DNFs at the worlds, and there are so many others, that Froome comes out as nothing special doping regarded. You guys just don´t wanna realize it since you joined the hate Sky/Froome bandwagon. Oh all this hypocrisy....

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
What you guys really wanted to say, is that Froome is unable to finsih worlds because of his to-peak-at-certain-events-doping.

I made an observation about Froome's World's performance, which someone introduced here, and I have since asked if anyone can find a rider with a better record of never finishing the Worlds. That's all.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
blah blah blah I set my own criteria yada yada yada

Well, only guys hot tempered and with zilch arguments can post $hit like that.
How about the rule "attack the post, not the poster"? Ah, ok, you hypos don´t care.
So WTF, let me get down to you guys level once more: Sleep well, sweet wet dreams for your internet-war-won... Kindergarten stuff. Yet again.

:rolleyes:

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
I made an observation about Froome's World's performance, which someone introduced here, and I have since asked if anyone can find a rider with a better record of never finishing the Worlds. That's all.

And that´s what I did. I don´t care if there is a soft course in between all those DNFs that allows Horner to finish 8th once in his career full of non results until past age 30...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
And that´s what I did.

I will type this slowly for you: you changed the criteria, as you just did there by highlighting just one part of the query. In other words, you asked your own question. Now for some reason you seem to be hung up on Chis Horner. Maybe he kicked your cat or something, I don't know. I don't really care either, for that matter. But please, don't let your petty little obsession with Horner get in the way of the real question being asked here. Which is: who has the best record for never, ever, ever finishing the Worlds? Is there a rider out there who can beat Froome's score? A rider with a 100% DNF rate from more than six starts?

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
who has the best record for never, ever, ever finishing the Worlds? Is there a rider out there who can beat Froome's score? A rider with a 100% DNF rate from more than six starts?
lol.

On the topic of Roche, I noticed he has already learned from the Skybots what a good strawman is (interview from February 2014):
NR: It’s frustrating, because when you’re riding a bike, people link that with doping. At some stage, you cannot get upset with that, because you’d just end up shooting yourself. It’s something you have to learn to cope with. It’s never pleasant. Every time you go somewhere, ‘Oh, what do you do?’ ‘I’m a cyclist.’ ‘Oh, you dope!’ The first thing they ask, ‘Do you ride the Tour?’ And the second is, ‘Oh, you must dope.’ That’s what people see,
Does anybody here recognize that? I think it's BS.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...ontador-and-froome_317890#OfDjUDidcWfsx0xh.99

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Roche to become the new Richie?

I think sky underestimated the effects of the arms race they started. Dawg can no longer win everything on his own.. I predict the skytrain will be back in 2015.

Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
fmk_RoI said:
Who has the best record for never, ever, ever finishing the Worlds? Is there a rider out there who can beat Froome's score? A rider with a 100% DNF rate from more than six starts?

The best I could find was Taaramaë with 100% DNF from 4 starts and, to complicate things, a finish in the U-23 WC. I'm not quite sure how to count that. Maybe I'll continue searching someday.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
sniper said:
lol.

On the topic of Roche, I noticed he has already learned from the Skybots what a good strawman is (interview from February 2014):
Does anybody here recognize that? I think it's BS.

http://velonews.competitor.com/2014...ontador-and-froome_317890#OfDjUDidcWfsx0xh.99

Didnt take him long to become a true bot.
I’m really excited and I think I’ll benefit from the training and development. I can learn a lot and I’m convinced they’re the perfect team for me. I hope I can bring my own experience and share it with the other riders there. Over the last few years, I’ve become more and more professional – everything like the training, diet, recovery, camps and daily routine. So, joining Team SKY will just be about the marginal gains, the details. It won’t be a revolution for me but it will mean I’ll be able to get a little deeper with everything.”

"please Sir Dave, give me some of those good marginal gains"

Benotti69 said:
It's outrageous. Doping ended with Armstrong in 2005, and it ended in 2008 when JV declared it uncool and again in 2010 when Sky arrived to win clean.

So doping ended loads of times so it must be sooooooo clean by now!

Well, don't forget the tour of redemption back in 99

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Feel bad for Konig, but he's making his own choices. I liked him, but he just had to go and join the Dark Side. I don't know...maybe he was on his own unsophisticated program and wants to join the big leagues of doping.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
go crazy said:
Feel bad for Konig, but he's making his own choices. I liked him, but he just had to go and join the Dark Side. I don't know...maybe he was on his own unsophisticated program and wants to join the big leagues of doping.

... or he might just have gone for the better contract. How bout that? ;)

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Well, only guys hot tempered and with zilch arguments can post $hit like that.
How about the rule "attack the post, not the poster"? Ah, ok, you hypos don´t care.
So WTF, let me get down to you guys level once more: Sleep well, sweet wet dreams for your internet-war-won... Kindergarten stuff. Yet again.

:rolleyes:

Wow, with this response, you can clearly see the moment the argument was lost. I can practically see through my computer at the butthurt!:D

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
go crazy said:
Wow, with this response, you can clearly see the moment the argument was lost. I can practically see through my computer at the butthurt!

Which arguments? :confused:
Two people made lists. The 2nd (mine) showed the ridiculousness of how Sky/Froome haters use everything to "prove" a point of Froome being the most evil doper, only to find out otherwise. That´s when the attacks start. Guess I am not the one having been butthurt. It´s always them who come out loud and attacking... May you get that... or not. Who cares.

Kindergarten, again... Am I now even more butthurt? LOLZ...

BigMac said:
Dunno, that seems waaaay too unrealistic.... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Yeah. Everybody that goes to Sky does it for the new age doping. Better contracts have nothing to do with it. Especially when you come from a rich Conti team. ;)

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
First of all, the criteria of 100% DNF was set by you & some others.

Not really we who set that standard. The universe does. 100% DNF is like the ultimate worthlessness. Horner in this comparison is (although laughable) like what 72.5% worthless and ridiculous if we use the Worlds as a benchmark.

Cant believe this argument.

I set my critera with (old) age performance improvement; a much stronger correlation to find out the worst over-the-top-dopers than simple hate towards one team.

I fail to see where anyone have denied Horner is on some really heavy ****.

And now you does the same. But with Horner. In a thread about Sky.

And I just gave an example that Froome isn´t the worst of those kinf of riders. There is alien™ Horner, there is AC with his famous DNFs at the worlds

Contadors famous two DNF:s? Lets be realistic here. The second dude throwed in Contador in this Sky-thread and listed every year AC didn't care/or participated. That was really unfair but was made with the purpose to make his records in WC look more worse then necessary.

Froome seems to care though. 100% DNF. Anything unclear?

and there are so many others, that Froome comes out as nothing special doping regarded. You guys just don´t wanna realize it since you joined the hate Sky/Froome bandwagon. Oh all this hypocrisy....

Froome is probably the most ridiculous rider/doper of all time. He's the ultimate challenge to the "clean generation" approach aswell as a spit in the face to fans of clean cycling and a fair sport. This does not of course makes him worse or better then any other doper.