Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1313 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re:

Miburo said:
Question.

I made my first ever comment on twitter about cycling. It was to a sky fan who was saying contador doped after seeing his ITT.

And although she's prob right, i asked her if chris froome his evolution was good for clean cycling?

She blocked me and an hour later Froome also blocked me Lol

Happened to someone else too? Mentioned his name once, he must be often on twitter.
Haha I see who you're talking about, she said she would throw her bike at her TV if Contador got pink, then someone said "throw your bike then" and she said no :D By the way she has blocked me too haha :D
 
Re:

Electress said:
Really? Hey, how do I find out if Froome / Cound has blocked me???!?!?
Click their account, you won't be able to view it, it will say you have been blocked.
Every day I find a different account that's blocked me that way, all of them Sky fans/Sky employees though & I've never tweeted them :D
 
Feb 24, 2014
516
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
Question.

I made my first ever comment on twitter about cycling. It was to a sky fan who was saying contador doped after seeing his ITT.

And although she's prob right, i asked her if chris froome his evolution was good for clean cycling?

She blocked me and an hour later Froome also blocked me Lol

Happened to someone else too? Mentioned his name once, he must be often on twitter.
It's Cound I think, she just checks every tweet that mentions Froome and blocks the people who are negative.

And she also randomly blocks Contador fans who never even mention Froome :rolleyes:
I tweeted something about Froome last year, re how's that coffee now Chris after Contador dropped him and sure enough Froome blocked me but here is the strange thing, David Walsh also blocked me and I tweeted 0 about him. Go figure! I jest not!
 
Re: Re:

deeno1975 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
Question.

I made my first ever comment on twitter about cycling. It was to a sky fan who was saying contador doped after seeing his ITT.

And although she's prob right, i asked her if chris froome his evolution was good for clean cycling?

She blocked me and an hour later Froome also blocked me Lol

Happened to someone else too? Mentioned his name once, he must be often on twitter.
It's Cound I think, she just checks every tweet that mentions Froome and blocks the people who are negative.

And she also randomly blocks Contador fans who never even mention Froome :rolleyes:
I tweeted something about Froome last year, re how's that coffee now Chris after Contador dropped him and sure enough Froome blocked me but here is the strange thing, David Walsh also blocked me and I tweeted 0 about him. Go figure! I jest not!
I think there's like a blacklist of twitter users, once you get blocked by one of them you get blocked by all of them :p
 
Re: Re:

You think the clinic is populated by the average cycling fan :eek: ?[/quote]


To be fair, I think it probably just about is (apart from a complete bam pot or 12 ;) ) I seriously doubt that any of the posters in the PRR forum who don't venture into the Clinic genuinely believe any rider is clean. It's not nice, but it is a fact of this sport. I've got my favourites (had in Schleck's case) but I'm not and never have been in denial over any of them that they dope. From grey to black in some cases but, still, in no doubt they dope. Sometimes it *** my concious, but sadly, and probably to my shame, not enough to give up on the sport I'm addicted to...

Oh, and Venga Alberto :rolleyes:
 
May 26, 2009
4,114
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
deeno1975 said:
LaFlorecita said:
Miburo said:
Question.

I made my first ever comment on twitter about cycling. It was to a sky fan who was saying contador doped after seeing his ITT.

And although she's prob right, i asked her if chris froome his evolution was good for clean cycling?

She blocked me and an hour later Froome also blocked me Lol

Happened to someone else too? Mentioned his name once, he must be often on twitter.
It's Cound I think, she just checks every tweet that mentions Froome and blocks the people who are negative.

And she also randomly blocks Contador fans who never even mention Froome :rolleyes:
I tweeted something about Froome last year, re how's that coffee now Chris after Contador dropped him and sure enough Froome blocked me but here is the strange thing, David Walsh also blocked me and I tweeted 0 about him. Go figure! I jest not!
I think there's like a blacklist of twitter users, once you get blocked by one of them you get blocked by all of them :p
I'm blocked by Cound, who I guess blocked me on Froome's account too. Even though I never tweeted them. Cound I guess was from my time on another forum. Also blocked by Vaughters :) Not blocked by David Walsh though :confused:
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
It's Cound I think, she just checks every tweet that mentions Froome and blocks the people who are negative.

And she also randomly blocks Contador fans who never even mention Froome :rolleyes:
yeah, I got blocked, never did anything troll'ish. p'raps called him Froome-dawg. no, actually, I might have sledged Cound!
 
Re:

Moose McKnuckles said:
I don't even get this Twitter thing. What's with all the "#"s?

Oh and yes, I'm pretty sure every single GT contender, classics contender, and many also-rans are doping.
me too

if you were Froome, a doped up GC contender, Tour winner, who continually gets tweets and jokes about doping, riding style etc (because at the end of the day that's how he is) wouldn't you block everybody?
I mean, you got no time for that. people piss you off even in a subtle way? you gone, blocked.
blocked or not, fans who have an opinion on you would not change their mind if you "unblock them" so fückitall. you don't need them.
British Sky fans are like Aru or Nibali fans here in Italy. that's the followers these riders need. that's all.
and people still complain about being "blocked"
childish
 
But it seems like the whole Sky organization is going around blocking anybody who says anything negative. Even if they're not including the Sky people in their tweets. I understand why people like Digger will be blocked as the likes of Cound and Froome will end up getting into many arguments with somebody who challenges them directly just like Vaughters has, but run of the mill fans who tweet negatively about the race breakdown when Porte gets isolated or something aren't necessarily spoiling for a rumble or even potentially harmful.
 
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
But it seems like the whole Sky organization is going around blocking anybody who says anything negative. Even if they're not including the Sky people in their tweets. I understand why people like Digger will be blocked as the likes of Cound and Froome will end up getting into many arguments with somebody who challenges them directly just like Vaughters has, but run of the mill fans who tweet negatively about the race breakdown when Porte gets isolated or something aren't necessarily spoiling for a rumble or even potentially harmful.
Yeah I think that's fair - I have no issue with those three blocking me - although jv saying I don't bother him does make me laugh - but yeah they are perfectly entitled to - but to echo what's above, I have seen numerous examples from others where they've been blocked without froome or cound's handle being included - which means they must be doing a twitter search on their name....i'd have thought they have better things to do.
 
Re: Re:

ferryman said:
You think the clinic is populated by the average cycling fan :eek: ?



To be fair, I think it probably just about is (apart from a complete bam pot or 12 ;) ) I seriously doubt that any of the posters in the PRR forum who don't venture into the Clinic genuinely believe any rider is clean. It's not nice, but it is a fact of this sport. I've got my favourites (had in Schleck's case) but I'm not and never have been in denial over any of them that they dope. From grey to black in some cases but, still, in no doubt they dope. Sometimes it *** my concious, but sadly, and probably to my shame, not enough to give up on the sport I'm addicted to...

Oh, and Venga Alberto :rolleyes:[/quote]
I respect this - I have no issue with any contador fan, froome fan, aru fan etc as long as they accept the reality - contador fans are cool - they accept he's doping and cheer him anyway - I have no issue with that - if they said he was clean, then that's a different issue.
 
Re:

Libertine Seguros said:
But it seems like the whole Sky organization is going around blocking anybody who says anything negative. Even if they're not including the Sky people in their tweets. I understand why people like Digger will be blocked as the likes of Cound and Froome will end up getting into many arguments with somebody who challenges them directly just like Vaughters has, but run of the mill fans who tweet negatively about the race breakdown when Porte gets isolated or something aren't necessarily spoiling for a rumble or even potentially harmful.
A couple weeks ago my time line basically exploded because many Contador fans found out they got blocked by Froome, some of them don't even tweet about Froome, let alone negative things :confused: even a Brazilian girl, who only tweets in Portuguese, about Alberto!
Now that is quite pathetic in my opinion....
 
Re: Re:

Digger said:
Yeah I think that's fair - I have no issue with those three blocking me - although jv saying I don't bother him does make me laugh - but yeah they are perfectly entitled to - but to echo what's above, I have seen numerous examples from others where they've been blocked without froome or cound's handle being included - which means they must be doing a twitter search on their name....i'd have thought they have better things to do.
Well yes... one time I was chatting with mew.. who is also on this forum :D and I said something like "Froome is doping", and Cound, even though she had already blocked me :eek: (the only way to view tweets from someone you block is through a search) attacked me and threatened to sue :confused: :p
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
0
0
Re: Re:

Freddythefrog said:
LaFlorecita said:
Digger said:
Yeah I think that's fair - I have no issue with those three blocking me - although jv saying I don't bother him does make me laugh - but yeah they are perfectly entitled to - but to echo what's above, I have seen numerous examples from others where they've been blocked without froome or cound's handle being included - which means they must be doing a twitter search on their name....i'd have thought they have better things to do.
Well yes... one time I was chatting with mew.. who is also on this forum :D and I said something like "Froome is doping", and Cound, even though she had already blocked me :eek: (the only way to view tweets from someone you block is through a search) attacked me and threatened to sue :confused: :p
Cound really is doing a great reprise in the role of Lance's lawyers. The similarities with the Lance story are epic. Badzilla v. Cancer. Sky v. US Postal. Big George v. G.

I just wonder what is going through Cookson's brain to keep on dismissing the pall of smoke as not being related to a fire ? The guy is talking about a 2nd term already. The longer his is in post the greater the chance that the BC "rounder wheels, fluffed up pillows" story is going to be exposed and Sir Brad, Sir Chris, Sir Dave and the Manx missile are going to crash to Earth.
don't forget the "campah"
 
Mar 13, 2009
16,854
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Digger said:
Yeah I think that's fair - I have no issue with those three blocking me - although jv saying I don't bother him does make me laugh - but yeah they are perfectly entitled to - but to echo what's above, I have seen numerous examples from others where they've been blocked without froome or cound's handle being included - which means they must be doing a twitter search on their name....i'd have thought they have better things to do.
Well yes... one time I was chatting with mew.. who is also on this forum :D and I said something like "Froome is doping", and Cound, even though she had already blocked me :eek: (the only way to view tweets from someone you block is through a search) attacked me and threatened to sue :confused: :p
i might ask her if she would like to sue me. i will then send her roses
 
The amount of people I know outing Astana out as dopers because the way they sit on the front of the peloton makes me laugh. I point out thats why Sky have done for the last 4 years and their retort is "Yeh but they arent dodgy"
 
Mar 31, 2015
278
0
0
Re: Re:

LaFlorecita said:
Digger said:
Yeah I think that's fair - I have no issue with those three blocking me - although jv saying I don't bother him does make me laugh - but yeah they are perfectly entitled to - but to echo what's above, I have seen numerous examples from others where they've been blocked without froome or cound's handle being included - which means they must be doing a twitter search on their name....i'd have thought they have better things to do.
Well yes... one time I was chatting with mew.. who is also on this forum :D and I said something like "Froome is doping", and Cound, even though she had already blocked me :eek: (the only way to view tweets from someone you block is through a search) attacked me and threatened to sue :confused: :p
I suppose the nuclear option of blocking is the only way Froome can engage with fans through Twitface without every tweet getting trolled to death. Even if you aren't setting out to troll twitter isn't really the place for a grown up discussion of anything.
 

Singer01

BANNED
Nov 18, 2013
2,043
2
5,485
Re:

MartinGT said:
The amount of people I know outing Astana out as dopers because the way they sit on the front of the peloton makes me laugh. I point out thats why Sky have done for the last 4 years and their retort is "Yeh but they arent dodgy"
i believe most of them actually would say 'but they haven't had a *** ton of positives', rather than 'yeh but they aren't dodgy'.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY