Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
Libertine Seguros said:
Issue is that Rettenbachferner isn't really a wattage climb, it's a survival climb
? Sustainable w/kg plus all the annoying nuisance parameters like wind, rolling resistance etc predict the time up there accurately just like for any other climb.
Why do you think Anton does so much better on climb above 10%? Because gradient doesn't matter? Do you also think all riders deal equally well with altitude?

Re:

djpbaltimore said:
After a thorough investigation, I think I have uncovered the secret to G's new climbing performance and it is not what anybody had expected.

This is actually from a real magazine I was reading in the waiting room at the HR office today.
Alien Dawg cannabis, must be good :D

so the team sky motorhome will be up for sale?...............................................but

'riders must stay in the hotels provided by the organiser throughout the entire duration of the race'

surely that would include the hotel car park?

Mark L

Aug 31, 2012
Fantastic reading. With the right presentation and prose, you can make a gang of dopers spewing mostly insulting nonsense seem like a diverse group of talented individuals at the frontier of cutting edge space exploration.

Re:

SeriousSam said:
Fantastic reading. With the right presentation and prose, you can make a gang of dopers spewing mostly insulting nonsense seem like a diverse group of talented individuals at the frontier of cutting edge space exploration.
isn't that what pro cycling has been in the last 20 years or more?
it's marketing baby

Sep 29, 2012
Oct 16, 2010

Dear Wiggo said:
The article IMO is full of WTF.
The diet is certainly simple. It is strictly protein, fruit and vegetables for the riders, with carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.
easy to keep that up for two days.
reporters gone, back to the pasta.

sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
The diet is certainly simple. It is strictly protein, fruit and vegetables for the riders, with carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.
Not only that, but the last time I checked, fruit and vegetables are carbs.
That article is just too stupid to believe. However we know the Sky fans will lap it up.

veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
That article is just too stupid to believe. However we know the Sky fans will lap it up.
that is so funny :D there was something similar a while ago but I don't remember what it was. Also something about food.

Edit: here it is
viewtopic.php?p=1643190#p1643190
Back in the Tour de France, riders preload on carbs for breakfast: pasta, rice, omelettes, cereals and toast to top up their glycogen levels for the day ahead.
:p

Jun 4, 2015

sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
'carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.'

They'd be necessary rather often then, seeing as they are endurance athletes. I'd really like to try being a pro cyclist on the Atkins diet (not). This is the biggest load of bollox since Red Rum had his knackers removed.

Perversely, it must be quite good fun being in the Sky PR team, having meetings in the evening about what BS we can tell the press the next day. They could say 'we conduct training camps in the Arctic on turbo trainers stood in baths of frozen Polar bear milk which provides extra resistance,' and it would get printed.

Aug 31, 2012
To be fair to Sky here, the nutrition industry is just cashing in on our inability not to overeat. Every few years there's a new carefully constructed fad diet, declaring some nutrients to be evil, others to be heavenly and providing a supporting narrative that is convincing to average uninformed weight loss attemptees. Currently it's the carbs that are evil and the narrative is about how our caveman ancestors lived a long, healthy and adventurous life of hunting high protein game with their bare hands, looking like Conan the barbarian.

Sep 29, 2012

veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
They are at altitude, doing supra FTP efforts. That's not done on ketogenic adapted metabolism. It requires carbs.
Fats are also required, so you get A, K and E, etc.

Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Funny. I wonder if Walsh agrees that the access was unprecedented...
For these two weeks, the inner sanctum of Team Sky is set within the Hotel Parador and, for two days, the Telegraph has been granted unprecedented access.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/team-sky-tour-de-france-2015/index.html
"Fran Millar, head of winning behaviours"

LOL at that one
Do they include sleeping with your boss?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS