• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1322 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
The other thing that struck me is how po-faced and boring they all are. Surely they got into bike racing because it is fun? Up there with the boys and you get a fuxing mini Lion bar for your birthday. Why don't you tell them where they can stuff their Lion bar G?

Give me Gaumont and VDB any day.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re:

hulkgogan said:
The other thing that struck me is how po-faced and boring they all are. Surely they got into bike racing because it is fun? Up there with the boys and you get a fuxing mini Lion bar for your birthday. Why don't you tell them where they can stuff their Lion bar G?

Just bad timing with the unprecedented access fanboy there - I am sure when they are not there Nutella, etc gets a right royal going over.

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: Re:

bobbins said:
Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Funny. I wonder if Walsh agrees that the access was unprecedented...
For these two weeks, the inner sanctum of Team Sky is set within the Hotel Parador and, for two days, the Telegraph has been granted unprecedented access.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/team-sky-tour-de-france-2015/index.html

"Fran Millar, head of winning behaviours"

LOL at that one

Do they include sleeping with your boss?

Apparently as Froome's RV is at SDB's house. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this this afternoon. I wonder what their up to!?

http://imgur.com/hlJejx0

Campervan man said:
bobbins said:
Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:
For these two weeks, the inner sanctum of Team Sky is set within the Hotel Parador and, for two days, the Telegraph has been granted unprecedented access.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/team-sky-tour-de-france-2015/index.html

LOL at that one

Apparently as Froome's RV is at SDB's house. I couldn't resist taking a picture of this this afternoon. I wonder what their up to!?

Nice RV! :D

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site

Campervan man said:
bobbins said:
Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:

LOL at that one

It wouldn't be housing a certain Belgium doctor? Number plate is from that country.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

Dear Wiggo said:
hulkgogan said:

Just bad timing with the unprecedented access fanboy there - I am sure when they are not there Nutella, etc gets a right royal going over.

they whip out the nutella, invite Kim Basinger, invite Mickie Rooney, and go all 9 1/2 weeks on the sweet nestle hazelnut condiments

Jun 27, 2009
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
The article IMO is full of WTF.
The diet is certainly simple. It is strictly protein, fruit and vegetables for the riders, with carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.
easy to keep that up for two days.
reporters gone, back to the pasta.

Not only that, but the last time I checked, fruit and vegetables are carbs.
That article is just too stupid to believe. However we know the Sky fans will lap it up.
that is so funny :D there was something similar a while ago but I don't remember what it was. Also something about food.

Edit: here it is
viewtopic.php?p=1643190#p1643190
Back in the Tour de France, riders preload on carbs for breakfast: pasta, rice, omelettes, cereals and toast to top up their glycogen levels for the day ahead.
:p

I had to refer back to Bernard Hinault's book on Road Racing Techniques, 1984-5, anyway, his diet was designed by a Dr Creff, and suggested that 20% of your energy be made up of fats, like butter, whole milk and such... I won't give the full details but needless to say, it didn't seem to do Hinault much harm... Eat well, train hard.. rest and more rest..

blackcat said:
Dear Wiggo said:
hulkgogan said:

they whip out the nutella, invite Kim Basinger, invite Mickie Rooney, and go all 9 1/2 weeks on the sweet nestle hazelnut condiments
he probably looks better than mickey rourke despite being dead for over a year.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: ffs

ebandit said:
ffs........what do you expect him to say?.......................we've worked hard.........we're at the start line......we

have as much chance as anyone else.............

Mark L...

Maybe to be even remotely contrite as to the possibility that someone out there may have got a better rider or prepared better or that there may be an unknown that will pop up in a breakaway to cause trouble.

Rather than his attitude which suggest
"we have the head of the UCI in pocket and anyone remotely looking like beating us will be immediately busted for doping"
or alternatively read it as
"The only way we will be beaten is if they dare to put any cobblestones down or if it dares to rain, and Chris can't stay on his bike long enough to win; However we have the organisation paid off in full and we are so full of ourselves and particularly my all powerful persona that even God wouldn't dare to impose any rain on this race and upset me."

May 19, 2015
Visit site

ebandit said:
ffs........what do you expect him to say?.......................we've worked hard.........we're at the start line......we

Mark L...
Yes. At least not being not being a *** and respecting his rivals. Not even Armstrong would have said that before a race. He makes it sound like the outcome is already a foregone conclusion. But maybe it is?

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Kerrison ran a sophisticated simulation using the Windows 7 calculator and probably told Dave that if the Dawg can sustain the 6.8w/kg he did in training in the Tour, he'll win.

May 19, 2015
Visit site

LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:

Mark L...
Not "I'm sure we will win the race" that's for sure
Disrespectful and a big **** you to other teams.

There a reason why Sky has named the team bus "The Death Star". Brailsfraud sees himself as Palpatine and Froome as Darth Vader.

Emperor-Palpatine-Release-Your-Anger-700x325.jpg

Not sure if fiction or Brailsford in his bathrobe?

May 19, 2015
Visit site

LeindersGains said:
LaFlorecita said:
ebandit said:

Mark L...
Not "I'm sure we will win the race" that's for sure
Disrespectful and a big **** you to other teams.

There a reason why Sky has named the team bus "The Death Star". Brailsfraud sees himself as Palpatine and Froome as Darth Vader.

Emperor-Palpatine-Release-Your-Anger-700x325.jpg

Not sure if fiction or Brailsford in his bathrobe?

Which is the main reason why Froome makes these funny sounds with his inhaler. It's all role playing.

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re:

ebandit said:
obviously my expectation differs from others.........i see no disrespect to others in saying

'if we all ride at out best we will win'........................

Mark L

Because you are basically saying to the world and the other teams that you lot are all sub standard and my athletes are better than any of yours on any day in any terrain and in any situation.

Which; over a three week race is the most egotistical thing anyone has ever said.

It is one thing to be the Usain Bolt of cycling and strut around as if you own the place and are the biggest swinging dx#k in the joint. It is another to walk around and castrate every other man in the room before the competition begins.

DB is basically telling other grand tour winners and cyclists with some very impressive palmares (especially when compared to froome's) that it all means nothing to him and he will make sure his team win whether they should or not.

May 12, 2015
Visit site
I guess many people are irritated at the condescending language used by DB. I love it. Having to talk up your team publicly is a sign of insecurity.

He is basically letting his mouth write checks his homeboy may not be able to cash.

I guess he forgot what happened last year.

robertmooreheadlane said:
Because you are basically saying to the world and the other teams that you lot are all sub standard and my athletes are better than any of yours on any day in any terrain and in any situation.

Which; over a three week race is the most egotistical thing anyone has ever said.

It is one thing to be the Usain Bolt of cycling and strut around as if you own the place and are the biggest swinging dx#k in the joint. It is another to walk around and castrate every other man in the room before the competition begins.

DB is basically telling other grand tour winners and cyclists with some very impressive palmares (especially when compared to froome's) that it all means nothing to him and he will make sure his team win whether they should or not.

Castration... seriously? C'mon man, you can't truthfully believe all that hyperbole that you just wrote.

You could also make the case that he has so little confidence in his team, that he needs all 9 riders to perform their roles perfectly for three weeks to win. How likely is that to happen?

To me, this is classic nit-picking at a rather inconsequential comment. I imagine no one in the peloton actually cares what Brailsford or Tinkov says. And the latter probably has had worse comments.

TRENDING THREADS