• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1321 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Fantastic reading. With the right presentation and prose, you can make a gang of dopers spewing mostly insulting nonsense seem like a diverse group of talented individuals at the frontier of cutting edge space exploration.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Re:

sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
The article IMO is full of WTF.
The diet is certainly simple. It is strictly protein, fruit and vegetables for the riders, with carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.
easy to keep that up for two days.
reporters gone, back to the pasta.

Not only that, but the last time I checked, fruit and vegetables are carbs.
That article is just too stupid to believe. However we know the Sky fans will lap it up.

veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:
The diet is certainly simple. It is strictly protein, fruit and vegetables for the riders, with carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.

That article is just too stupid to believe. However we know the Sky fans will lap it up.
that is so funny :D there was something similar a while ago but I don't remember what it was. Also something about food.

Edit: here it is
viewtopic.php?p=1643190#p1643190
Back in the Tour de France, riders preload on carbs for breakfast: pasta, rice, omelettes, cereals and toast to top up their glycogen levels for the day ahead.
:p

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site

sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:

'carbohydrates eaten only when absolutely necessary.'

They'd be necessary rather often then, seeing as they are endurance athletes. I'd really like to try being a pro cyclist on the Atkins diet (not). This is the biggest load of bollox since Red Rum had his knackers removed.

Perversely, it must be quite good fun being in the Sky PR team, having meetings in the evening about what BS we can tell the press the next day. They could say 'we conduct training camps in the Arctic on turbo trainers stood in baths of frozen Polar bear milk which provides extra resistance,' and it would get printed.

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
To be fair to Sky here, the nutrition industry is just cashing in on our inability not to overeat. Every few years there's a new carefully constructed fad diet, declaring some nutrients to be evil, others to be heavenly and providing a supporting narrative that is convincing to average uninformed weight loss attemptees. Currently it's the carbs that are evil and the narrative is about how our caveman ancestors lived a long, healthy and adventurous life of hunting high protein game with their bare hands, looking like Conan the barbarian.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au

veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:

They are at altitude, doing supra FTP efforts. That's not done on ketogenic adapted metabolism. It requires carbs.
Fats are also required, so you get A, K and E, etc.

Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Funny. I wonder if Walsh agrees that the access was unprecedented...
For these two weeks, the inner sanctum of Team Sky is set within the Hotel Parador and, for two days, the Telegraph has been granted unprecedented access.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/team-sky-tour-de-france-2015/index.html

"Fran Millar, head of winning behaviours"

LOL at that one

Do they include sleeping with your boss?

veganrob said:
sniper said:
Dear Wiggo said:

I think when people mention carbs in this context they are on about pasta, rice, etc. not f & v, but you are correct.

I read the article and kind of thought - so what. Lots of exercise, lots of rest, decent diet. Didn't tell us anything in any detail. Seems it was a 2 day jolly to Tenerife for the reporter.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site

bobbins said:
Jacques (7 ch) said:
Dear Wiggo said:
Funny. I wonder if Walsh agrees that the access was unprecedented...
For these two weeks, the inner sanctum of Team Sky is set within the Hotel Parador and, for two days, the Telegraph has been granted unprecedented access.
http://s.telegraph.co.uk/graphics/projects/team-sky-tour-de-france-2015/index.html

"Fran Millar, head of winning behaviours"

LOL at that one

Do they include sleeping with your boss?

who is knight of the realm,
to the empire crew
what lance was to rich american fanbois

TRENDING THREADS