Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1572 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 19, 2009
949
0
0
Re:

yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
Society isn't failing. Look at Wimbledon. Until Murray, no British champion for years, rumours of dope abuse by Nadal and others, but you probably won't see tennis fans throwing cups of urine over players they don't like or holding up placards. Mind you, you haven't got the tennis equivalent of the doltard Hinault jumping in without knowing what he is talking about.

Cycling has always been a bit rough around the edges and fans have often got in very close to the athletes to express their opprobrium. There have always been accusations of cheating of one sort or another, whether it be jumping on a train or not operating the bellows when mending your own frame in a forge.

Unfortunately for the French fan in question Sky won't go home just yet, and when they do they may well take the victory with them. I guess that would be the greatest riposte from Sky to the fan.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.
 
Re: Re:

macbindle said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
Society isn't failing. Look at Wimbledon. Until Murray, no British champion for years, rumours of dope abuse by Nadal and others, but you probably won't see tennis fans throwing cups of urine over players they don't like or holding up placards. Mind you, you haven't got the tennis equivalent of the doltard Hinault jumping in without knowing what he is talking about.

Cycling has always been a bit rough around the edges and fans have often got in very close to the athletes to express their opprobrium. There have always been accusations of cheating of one sort or another, whether it be jumping on a train or not operating the bellows when mending your own frame in a forge.

Unfortunately for the French fan in question Sky won't go home just yet, and when they do they may well take the victory with them. I guess that would be the greatest riposte from Sky to the fan.
This is BS. Ever went to football match in England? The abuses the players get over there are "bit" more aggressive than "go home" banners. Those are English fans - and they are much worse than French as the history shows you - don't come here to say it is all about stupid French fans. 99,9% of the players in football lets them go through the ears without any reaction, because they know it is part of the game. If Rowe can't handle one simple placard without taking it down from the hands of the fan, he should stop being public sportsman. Childis, very childis and arrogant act that proves they are not exactly content with the public feedback at the moment.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
A fan holding up a sign is abuse???
 
Re: Sky

gillan1969 said:
Ha ha..was just reading this thread and thinking of this exact moment.

Some of the abuse that people think its ok to hurl at footballists in the UK just because they're sat safely (or so they think) behind an advertising board is shocking.

Not that i'd ever console violence of course, but the look of shock and panic on that blokes face when Cantona launched at him Kung Fu style was priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
 
Re: Re:

Põhja Konn said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.
Of course it's abuse - The fan has no REASON to go to the Sky Bus or any team bus with that sign - The fan can actually make a positive sign to support their favorite rider/team - I don't care whether you like or dislike Sky or any other team - It doesn't follow that you need to carry an offensive - It's childish and infantile behaviour.
 
Re: Re:

bambino said:
macbindle said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
Society isn't failing. Look at Wimbledon. Until Murray, no British champion for years, rumours of dope abuse by Nadal and others, but you probably won't see tennis fans throwing cups of urine over players they don't like or holding up placards. Mind you, you haven't got the tennis equivalent of the doltard Hinault jumping in without knowing what he is talking about.

Cycling has always been a bit rough around the edges and fans have often got in very close to the athletes to express their opprobrium. There have always been accusations of cheating of one sort or another, whether it be jumping on a train or not operating the bellows when mending your own frame in a forge.

Unfortunately for the French fan in question Sky won't go home just yet, and when they do they may well take the victory with them. I guess that would be the greatest riposte from Sky to the fan.
This is BS. Ever went to football match in England? The abuses the players get over there are "bit" more aggressive than "go home" banners. Those are English fans - and they are much worse than French as the history shows you - don't come here to say it is all about stupid French fans. 99,9% of the players in football lets them go through the ears without any reaction, because they know it is part of the game. If Rowe can't handle one simple placard without taking it down from the hands of the fan, he should stop being public sportsman. Childis, very childis and arrogant act that proves they are not exactly content with the public feedback at the moment.
Yet this is another example of poor behaviour by fans at sporting events - You should be cheering and supporting your team at sporting events - Its an indictment on society that poor behaviour is accepted - I will add its a different scenario having two sets of opposition supporters at a sporting event to a joker brazenly holding a sign outside the Sky team bus.
 
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Põhja Konn said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.
Of course it's abuse - The fan has no REASON to go to the Sky Bus or any team bus with that sign - The fan can actually make a positive sign to support their favorite rider/team - I don't care whether you like or dislike Sky or any other team - It doesn't follow that you need to carry an offensive - It's childish and infantile behaviour.
So wrong. It is called freedom of speech. It was not abusive, nor childish. It was direct opinion.
 
Re: Re:

veganrob said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
A fan holding up a sign is abuse???
I feel sorry for the sign
;)
 
Jul 19, 2009
949
0
0
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Yet this is another example of poor behaviour by fans at sporting events - You should be cheering and supporting your team at sporting events - Its an indictment on society that poor behaviour is accepted - I will add its a different scenario having two sets of opposition supporters at a sporting event to a joker brazenly holding a sign outside the Sky team bus.
Society is falling because of the poor exemple given by the people on top of it, for exemple in sport the Brailsford, the Froome or even the Rowe who can see the abuse of rules that his team and Chris are doing in that case!
The first to fail society are those with low morality incliding those who want that we don't fight for more justice!
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
Re: Sky

Benotti69 said:
thehog said:
Lance Rowe now admits he was lying :cool:

Team Sky cyclist Luke Rowe has played down an altercation where he snatched a protester's banner as 'a bit of banter'
No Way!!!! Sky rider telling lies. No way!!!!!
It was an especially nice touch adding in the part about him giving two bottles to two kids. Pre-race.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Põhja Konn said:
yaco said:
poupou said:
yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.
So abuse is acceptable. Now i understand why society is failing.
But where's the abuse in this case? Certainly not with a fan who held up the banner. Rather we can say that it was Rowe who abused that fan's freedom of speech just because he and his team didn't appreciate the message that was expressed with this banner.

Being only willing to accept opinions that are favourable to them and oppressing and denigrating everything else is alone more than enough to despise that team. The society is failing exactly because there are too many Brailsfords and too little normal people in the positions of power.
Of course it's abuse - The fan has no REASON to go to the Sky Bus or any team bus with that sign - The fan can actually make a positive sign to support their favorite rider/team - I don't care whether you like or dislike Sky or any other team - It doesn't follow that you need to carry an offensive - It's childish and infantile behaviour.
Fans have as much right to show their disapproval towards the athletes as their approval, specially if the athletes and/or their coaches have behaved like proper cowards and a**holes. It comes down to the very basic principle of freedom of speech, as other poster have already replied to you. Nothing to do with my own dislike of Sky, Brailsford or Froome.

Now, acting all condescending and patronising towards those who actually have courage to show their disapproval openly on the road, is what I would call childish and infantile.
 
Re: Re:

yaco said:
Of course it's abuse - The fan has no REASON to go to the Sky Bus or any team bus with that sign - The fan can actually make a positive sign to support their favorite rider/team - I don't care whether you like or dislike Sky or any other team - It doesn't follow that you need to carry an offensive - It's childish and infantile behaviour.
Let's extend this. Trump protesters should grow up and get a life. Put down their angry signs. Go and sing songs of praise outside the offices of politicians they do like. No protesters. Ever. Just peace and love. Keep your negativity to yourselves and don't spoil the buzz.
 
Seriously? This is just bike racing.....part of the entertainment industry. There are no consequences for cycling fans from Sky's alledged misdemeanors.Even other competitors don't mind so much that they are prepared to do anything.

Contrast with consequences of Trumps actions on people's lives.

Should people protest? Yeah...sure. I enjoyed the giant inhaler, and the medical team with the giant syringe running alongside Armstrong. But standing by a tour bus with a crappy little sign? Deserves to be dealt with extreme prejudice for lack of effort and humour. Kudos to Rowe.
 
Why waste your time walking to a team bus to hold up a negatively worded sign - The fact is positive and negative signs appear on the race route and that will never change - The bigger issue is how this non-story made it a news article.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY