Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1571 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 21, 2017
1,019
0
0
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??
I assume SKY (BC for that matter) are in a state of chaos, what with all of the uncertainty that lies ahead. The train appears to be going somewhat off the rails aside from Bernal. The other riders seem to almost be biding their time until a new pecking order has to be arranged.
 
Aug 30, 2016
72
0
2,680
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??
The magic marginal wheels have come off? Same with Froome; says he's peddling differently; to my amateur eye, looks just the same to me, just the washing machine cyle proves to be rather less efficient. Mechanical failure!
 
Re: Sky

MartinGT said:
Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.
same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.
 
Re: Sky

Cycle Chic said:
MartinGT said:
Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.
same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.
I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?
 
Re: Sky

brownbobby said:
Cycle Chic said:
MartinGT said:
Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.
same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.
I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?
Yeah, I've tried it, but my HR always goes up and my speed doesn't. Unlike Froome.
 
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
at 89.1 kms to go they showed Wout Poels at the back of the group spinning a ridiculous gear.....even Brian Smith commented he was riding a very small gear.......Sky motors are back on
How are those motors are not gonna get detected with x-rays?
 
Re: Sky

#donewithprocycling

#donewithnfl

Another Landis.

I'll continue to watch the Spring Classics & Strade Bianchi.

The sport is dead.

I am mourning the death of the Grand Tours?

+ Yates? How does it feel to be out-doped?
 
Re: Sky

brownbobby said:
I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?
Haha! Really? That's a thing again? Whatever O2 doping he's doing is working great.

I'm too lazy to look up Pantani and Armstrong spinning their way over mountains.
 
Re:

Robert5091 said:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.
How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?
 
Re: Sky

fmk_RoI said:
[quote="Robert5091":1138dzy3]<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461</span>
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.
How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?[/quote]

Seems a little simpler than that to me. I think he just means disney doesn't like bad press and will act quickly upon it when it happens to them.
 
Re:

MartinGT said:
I am not going to get too excited with today. I think tomorrow will be a real test for him.
Sky will put their train into effect to ensure the GC. G will diplomatically not take the stage win, gifting it to a breakaway member (Navarro, Brambilla, etc.) or coming in, say, a respectable third or fourth on the GC uphill sprint behind Martin and Alaphilippe. G knows to mind his p's and q's.
 
Re: Sky

Sky embracing the French fans before the real racing begins along with some standard issue lying :cool:

As he rode to pre-race sign-in, Rowe approached the fan, took the sign out of his hand, and laid it on the ground. Rowe didn’t say a word, pedaled away and soon returned to the team bus without further incident.

“The rider came over, quickly grabbed my placard and threw it down!” said Didier Bregardes, a fan from Lorient who was holding the sign.

At least two journalists witnessed the incident and confirmed it was Rowe, but he denied it when asked directly about it. He walked onto the Team Sky bus without comment as journalists pressed him for more detail.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Rowe said. “No, it wasn’t me.”
 
Re: Sky

thehog said:
Sky embracing the French fans before the real racing begins along with some standard issue lying :cool:

As he rode to pre-race sign-in, Rowe approached the fan, took the sign out of his hand, and laid it on the ground. Rowe didn’t say a word, pedaled away and soon returned to the team bus without further incident.

“The rider came over, quickly grabbed my placard and threw it down!” said Didier Bregardes, a fan from Lorient who was holding the sign.

At least two journalists witnessed the incident and confirmed it was Rowe, but he denied it when asked directly about it. He walked onto the Team Sky bus without comment as journalists pressed him for more detail.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Rowe said. “No, it wasn’t me.”
Source:
https://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tour-de-france/luke-rowe-confronts-anti-sky-fan_472071

Sky Go Home!
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N The Clinic 10

ASK THE COMMUNITY