• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1571 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
Re:

Cycle Chic said:
what happened to the SKY TRAIN ??

The magic marginal wheels have come off? Same with Froome; says he's peddling differently; to my amateur eye, looks just the same to me, just the washing machine cyle proves to be rather less efficient. Mechanical failure!

Re: Sky

Cycle Chic said:
MartinGT said:
Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.

same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.

I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Ever tried spinning a gear at that sort of cadence on 15-20% gradients?

brownbobby said:
Cycle Chic said:
MartinGT said:
Old Dawg cadence still seems rapid but doesn't look like the 'motor' is responding.

same with Wout Poels - the egg whisk cadence has gone and they are riding normal. Even Froome on the Zoncolan wasnt riding his usual egg beater cadence. Only explanation is the motor.

I think the gradients on Zoncolan might provide another explanation for you here. He was still up around 100rpm, way higher than anyone else.

Yeah, I've tried it, but my HR always goes up and my speed doesn't. Unlike Froome.

brownbobby said:

Haha! Really? That's a thing again? Whatever O2 doping he's doing is working great.

I'm too lazy to look up Pantani and Armstrong spinning their way over mountains.

Re:

Robert5091 said:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.

How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?

fmk_RoI said:
[quote="Robert5091":1138dzy3]<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-44310461</span>
Disney is the parent company of ABC TV network, which on Tuesday dropped the rebooted '90s sitcom "Roseanne" amid a ferocious online backlash against its star.

How will they treat the Sky "stars" if they take over, I wonder. :D
Are we now saying Sky is racist? Or is this an attempt to prove they're on Tramadol by suggesting that explains Moscon?[/quote]

Seems a little simpler than that to me. I think he just means disney doesn't like bad press and will act quickly upon it when it happens to them.

Re:

MartinGT said:
I am not going to get too excited with today. I think tomorrow will be a real test for him.

Sky will put their train into effect to ensure the GC. G will diplomatically not take the stage win, gifting it to a breakaway member (Navarro, Brambilla, etc.) or coming in, say, a respectable third or fourth on the GC uphill sprint behind Martin and Alaphilippe. G knows to mind his p's and q's.

Sky embracing the French fans before the real racing begins along with some standard issue lying :cool:

As he rode to pre-race sign-in, Rowe approached the fan, took the sign out of his hand, and laid it on the ground. Rowe didn’t say a word, pedaled away and soon returned to the team bus without further incident.

“The rider came over, quickly grabbed my placard and threw it down!” said Didier Bregardes, a fan from Lorient who was holding the sign.

At least two journalists witnessed the incident and confirmed it was Rowe, but he denied it when asked directly about it. He walked onto the Team Sky bus without comment as journalists pressed him for more detail.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Rowe said. “No, it wasn’t me.”

thehog said:
Sky embracing the French fans before the real racing begins along with some standard issue lying :cool:

As he rode to pre-race sign-in, Rowe approached the fan, took the sign out of his hand, and laid it on the ground. Rowe didn’t say a word, pedaled away and soon returned to the team bus without further incident.

“The rider came over, quickly grabbed my placard and threw it down!” said Didier Bregardes, a fan from Lorient who was holding the sign.

At least two journalists witnessed the incident and confirmed it was Rowe, but he denied it when asked directly about it. He walked onto the Team Sky bus without comment as journalists pressed him for more detail.

“I don’t know what you mean,” Rowe said. “No, it wasn’t me.”
Source:
https://www.velonews.com/2018/07/tour-de-france/luke-rowe-confronts-anti-sky-fan_472071

Sky Go Home!

Jul 19, 2009
Visit site
Re:

yaco said:
Actually it's the French Cycling fan who should go home - Be positive and support your favorite rider and team, instead of being negative and abusing another team.
There is nothing bad to fight for fairness, to let injustice grows is deficiency.

TRENDING THREADS