• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 300 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
taiwan said:
As a lifelong resident of the universe, I can say with some confidence that that claim is false.

Denizens of the clinic excluded :D

Any news on Sir Dave explaining away hiring Yates, Leinders, Suspicion Index riders Knees (6) Dodger (7) Sioutsou sic (8) etc? ie People with a 'history' of doping deserved or not? Or even Thomas (6) and wiggo himself (5)?

From five upwards, the comments associated to the rider files started to become much more precise, "even affirmative", from six to ten, the circumstantial evidence of possible doping was "overwhelming"

I said on the day they fired Leinders the timing was immaculate, given the release of THE Reasoned Decision. Leinders employment at Sky would become a footnote of history, just fade away. No need for the promised explanation. So far been proven correct.

Some of those comments are cringeworthy.

Its like Man Utd in the 90s again.

Someone followed me on Twitter so I followed back, she was a cycling fan. She NEVER shuts up about Team Sky and even has a link to Froome's website in her Bio.

Yesterday she said something along the lines of;

"Back the Bid for the Tour de France to start in Yorkshire, yeh, but the race should be in France, the clue is the Tour de France"

Anyways, I asked, where did it start this season?

Her answer

France.

Facepalm. She then acknowledge "Oh yeh but it has started in Britain in 2011"

Jesus wept.

MartinGT said:
Some of those comments are cringeworthy.

Its like Man Utd in the 90s again.

Someone followed me on Twitter so I followed back, she was a cycling fan. She NEVER shuts up about Team Sky and even has a link to Froome's website in her Bio.

Yesterday she said something along the lines of;

"Back the Bid for the Tour de France to start in Yorkshire, yeh, but the race should be in France, the clue is the Tour de France"

Anyways, I asked, where did it start this season?

Her answer

France.

Facepalm. She then acknowledge "Oh yeh but it has started in Britain in 2011"

Jesus wept.

Ha ha! Does she work for Sky Sports News or the Daily Telegraph?

All new cycling fans are most welcome but please learn something about the sport before opening your mouths. I can't watch the tv news at the moment, its embarrassing. And these people are seen as informed commontators by the general public.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
bobbins said:
Ha ha! Does she work for Sky Sports News or the Daily Telegraph?

All new cycling fans are most welcome but please learn something about the sport before opening your mouths. I can't watch the tv news at the moment, its embarrassing. And these people are seen as informed commontators by the general public.

commontators - yes.

common potatoes
common p'taters
commonptators
commontators
indeed... :D

If someone asked me a similar question I would at least google it!

The BBC are really hot on cycling at the moment, but, as with most of the cycling news at the moment its 95% about the Lance case. I just hope it continues when things have settled.

It will be interesting to see if they mention anything about todays Tour 2013 conference.

epic

the sceptic said:
Wiggos downfall is going to be epic if he ever gets busted. I almost feel sorry for him

wiggos downfall is going to be epic if he ever gets busted.....if he ever doped

there is no reason for feeling sorry for him.........if he is ever found guilty

fall would be deserved

there...........corrected your post..............sticking to reality has greater

impact

MartinGT said:
If someone asked me a similar question I would at least google it!

The BBC are really hot on cycling at the moment, but, as with most of the cycling news at the moment its 95% about the Lance case. I just hope it continues when things have settled.

It will be interesting to see if they mention anything about todays Tour 2013 conference.

Nah, the BBC are really into wrapping themselves in the flag. They are little more than professional cheerleaders.

Matt Slater is a golf guy and someone who claims that there is no doping in golf because PEDS wouldn't help in golf...

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
BBC are doing a bigtime smear on Syrian and Egypt's muslim brotherhood. I thought Fisk was bad, but the Beeb are horrid and looks like they are infested with MI5

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Velo_vicar said:
i love this thread it never fails to make me chuckle.

Leinders gives you wings apparently, like rocket fuel.
Lampre need him to turn stuff around if he's this good. The man sounds a miracle worker.

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
Cav and Wiggins just did a little head to head at the end of the British Eurosport spot. It's hard to tell how much it was said in jest, but they trotted out the "draw a line and move on" thing. Wiggins said people were still talking about something that happened 15 years ago, and that there's a lot of naivety out there.

Ho hum.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
William H said:
Do you think Wiggins not targetting the Tour next year suggests he's decided to quit while he's ahead?

Maybe it's the cynic in me but reckon it's got a little bit to do with not helping Froome. Bit of tension between those two this year at the TdF, & given the course will be hillier next year than this year it's likely Sky may make Froome Team Leader.

Although Froome helped (massively) Wiggins to the TdF yellow this year, reckon Wiggins would prefer not to ride in 2012 than play second fiddle to Froome.

Also, Wiggins may want to go out while on top

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
The Exorcist said:
Maybe it's the cynic in me but reckon it's got a little bit to do with not helping Froome. Bit of tension between those two this year at the TdF, & given the course will be hillier next year than this year it's likely Sky may make Froome Team Leader.

Although Froome helped (massively) Wiggins to the TdF yellow this year, reckon Wiggins would prefer not to ride in 2012 than play second fiddle to Froome.

Also, Wiggins may want to go out while on top

I think Wiggins may support Froome, he does ride for others well called on. I think he wants to fill out his palmeres so may target the Giro and the Worlds in the coming season.

Bernie's eyesore said:
So what was the deal with that big coat Wiggo had on today? My guess is that the coat had many pockets and he was using it to hide his drugs.

+1:D

Never mind the coat: what has happened to the sideburns?
I recon Chris Froome's WAG has seduced him a-la Delilah, and when Brad has woken up, his sideburns have been shaved off a -la Samson:eek:
Might also explain why Chris isn't looking too happy??:rolleyes:

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
coinneach said:

I recon Chris Froome's WAG has seduced him a-la Delilah, and when Brad has woken up, his sideburns have been shaved off a -la Samson:eek:

That sounds no less fanciful as a theory than many that are posted here!

Re Wiggo, I think he's taking the view that he's got limited time left, maybe a season or two, and that three GT wins - one of each - would be very nice, and more "marketable" than a hat-trick of Tour wins.

Plus, if he does the Giro next year, he gets first call on the domestiques whilst still appearing to be magnanimous by letting Froome lead at the Tour. Mrs Froome may have made a blunder picking on Mrs Wiggo...;)

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
coinneach said:

I heard he was hiding all his drugs in the sideburns, people were on to him so he shaved them off, enter the coat as a shrewd replacement.