• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 70 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Wiggins to crack like his temper and erstwhile anti-doping integrity and lose this tour...to his teammate, no less :p Yeah, go Kenya!

Gotta stop being so bone-idle and anonymous. I guess I just don't know what it means to achieve anything.

college said:
The majority of the people posting here in the clinic like this small echo chamber. You get all riled up about the current leader of the Tour de France. Wiggo is the best cyclist out there and his current success is directly related to him dropping the weight.

And the high cadence and a heart the size of texas.

norwegian said:
It is about this "sky team-wide doping program"- accusations here.

I don't think we are talking about team-wide doping, rather select doping. After all, Sky, for all the talk of them about scientific cycling, is overall an under performing team, guys like Zandio, Sivtsov, Flecha, Hunt, Appolonio etc don't seem to be part of the Team Sky method, and there are a lot more that seem to perform in a natural way, including talents like Boasson Hagen and the Colombians.

It is the select group surrounding Wiggins that made a huge step in the last 9-12 months. Are those 4-5 riders the only ones that have the benefit of scientific guidance? Sky always advertised that program was for every single rider, but it only seems to be working for a few of them.

Fearless Greg Lemond said:
Why? Mapei, Quick Step, Galicia? Squicky clean. Lol.

Not to forget where the boys get TB and Aicar. Aussies rule ;)

It will be interesting to see who wins the Tour for GreenEdge in a couple of years. With Shane Bannan and his high performance team coming from a track background I think it's inevitable that they will produce superior results to the stagnant teams relying on road cycling methods. We know that they will be clean too as Stephens and White would never put cyclists in a position where they had to suffer as they did, being forced to dope by their team in the dark days.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
It will be interesting to see who wins the Tour for GreenEdge in a couple of years. With Shane Bannan and his high performance team coming from a track background I think it's inevitable that they will produce superior results to the stagnant teams relying on road cycling methods. We know that they will be clean too as Stephens and White would never put cyclists in a position where they had to suffer as they did, being forced to dope by their team in the dark days.
Track background? That must be succesfull in let's say 3 years. Richie Porte in four years at GreenEdge, he is almost Aussie of course...

Nevertheless, Porte is/was off course a talent. Just shouldn't yet be able to drop S. Sanchez at this stage of his carreer.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:

Australia's next Tour winner will drop from the sky the next time we have the Olympics, and then Orica will be able to continue poisoning the Eastern Seaboard to their heart's content cuz they're the good guys that made it all possible.

Vino attacks everyone said:
It must also be said that EBH has not been a part of the tenerife group has he?
That's right. He didn't want to join them.

He hasn't improved much since 2010 at all (when most agree that Sky were clean) so he's not particularly suspicious. Also, Brailsford says that in tests, EBH scores best of the Sky riders by far. Looks like those tests are done while clean, because I find it very weird if EBH would score better results than Froome and Wiggins in their current form.

I mean in 2010, EBH was more or less the best climber on Sky :p

Ferminal said:

:D

By they way Manolo saiz really likes "stephens team"(his words).. he has talked about them #justsaying

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Falken said:
Just to be clear, Knees, Rogers and Sivtsou were not with Sky 2010. All Sky riders had under 6, the suspicious threshold, except Geraint Thomas.

So, they specifically went after suspicious riders?
That's so much worse

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
Caruut said:
Mainly Dutch news reports about Rabobank's program dating from '07 or '09. I got there by searching for "rabobank toleererde doping" and scanning for mentions of Leinders. I made a post back up the thread with about 4 links, if you want to look for it.
Don't usually correct other people's typos, but since you mention googling, the word is "tolereerde".

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
maltiv said:
That's right. He didn't want to join them.

He hasn't improved much since 2010 at all (when most agree that Sky were clean) so he's not particularly suspicious. Also, Brailsford says that in tests, EBH scores best of the Sky riders by far. Looks like those tests are done while clean, because I find it very weird if EBH would score better results than Froome and Wiggins in their current form.

I mean in 2010, EBH was more or less the best climber on Sky :p

As a swede I must disagree with last part. After years of seeing Löfkvist cracking in the 3rd week in Grand Tours, 2010 in TdF he finally survived the 3rd week fairly well finishing 17th overall on the GC. ;)

I wonder maltiv, what's your opinion of Nordhaug? After Froome, I believe he might be the rider who has taken the biggest leap among sky riders.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Square-pedaller said:
Don't usually correct other people's typos, but since you mention googling, the word is "tolereerde".
Too much Dutch speaking here ;)

Quite astonishing imo how those team doctors can have so much impact on 'de koers'. We are five years after the laughable M. Rasmusson and and we almost see the same. Really, the peloton has cleaned up...
Falken said:
I wonder maltiv, what's your opinion of Nordhaug? After Froome, I believe he might be the rider who has taken the biggest leap among sky riders.
Nirdhaug is the new EBH but then juiced. In two years time he will rock the cobblestones.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Falken said:

I have this nagging feeling that he's going to take another leap and be way up there at the Vuelta

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
college said:
The majority of the people posting here in the clinic like this small echo chamber. You get all riled up about the current leader of the Tour de France. Wiggo is the best cyclist out there and his current success is directly related to him dropping the weight.

some people just don't like hard working riders spanking their faves, "it must be dope"

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Caruut said:
Does anyone know why Wiggins quit track to ride on the road full-time?

He had nothing else to prove there, so why not jump from the *** redheaded step child sport that's virtually unknown outside three specific countries, to one that's actually popular and levels are therefore higher.

A lot to prove there. A new challenge. Nothing to lose.
Perfectly normal human thing to do.

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Caruut said:
Does anyone know why Wiggins quit track to ride on the road full-time?

There's more money on the road than on the track. I wish it was the other way around. We'd get rid of sprinters on the road and boring road races made for sprinters.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
issoisso said:
He had nothing else to prove there, so why not jump from the *** redheaded step child sport that's virtually unknown outside three specific countries, to one that's actually popular and levels are therefore higher.

A lot to prove there. A new challenge. Nothing to lose.
Perfectly normal human thing to do.

I think that was (part of) Theo Bos' motivation as well.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kelly-wiggins-is-mentally-fragile

I rarely agree with Kelly but this is one time I do:

Kelly's assessment comes just two days after Wiggins lost his temper at a press conference, when a journalist confronted him with a comparison of his strong Sky team to the former American US Postal squad under Lance Armstrong, not omitting the doping-related doubts that have recently been fuelled. Wiggins reacted with anger and insults.

"A journalist dared to compare the strategies of team Sky with those of US Postal. [His reaction] proves what I said: he loses control of his nerves quite quickly," said Kelly, underlining that such a comparison could be interpreted in many different ways.

"The analogy is obvious. Team Sky at this Tour undoubtedly races like US Postal. Then, it depends on how you interpret the comparison, but that's part of the game, and Wiggins will have to get used to it. As soon as a rider dominated, he becomes the subject of all suspicions and that's unfortunately part of cycling today."

Indeed, the press conferences of the Tour's overall leader always include a question or two on their stance regarding doping. According to many observers, Wiggins' unnerved reaction, however, didn't do himself any favours

May 28, 2010
Visit site
college said:

The issue with that is that he lost weight while IMPROVING his TTing. Not exactly what you'd expect, now is it?

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
royalpig180 said:
The issue with that is that he lost weight while IMPROVING his TTing. Not exactly what you'd expect, now is it?
And here is another thing that bothers me about Wiggos weight loss. AICAR was first discovered sometime in 2008, and he lost that weight conveniently for the 2009 season.

It did not happen for 2007 or 2008 season or for 2010, but right after that drug was discovered.