• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 902 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Paul Kimmage

http://www.independent.ie/sport/kimmage/day-12-of-paul-kimmages-tour-de-france-diary-29401411.html

Surprised the fanbois haven’t found this one as Frankie Andreu has joined the club. Both come across as nice but dim.

PK’s exposure of “panem et circenses” as opposed to the more modern “pane ed acqua” (which is what he wants) is replete with irony. As the Roman empire collapsed, it was Irish scribes like himself who kept the lamp burning. They did so by retreating to monasteries rather than following the circus around which is what he is doing here. Curious to note that the entry itself has barely a comment (I think there are 3 only). PK is now even too moralistic for his fellow Irishmen and nobody is reading him.

I’m coming over all end times.

Cycle Chic said:
Leaving Froome on his own ! Froome took them all on and won...you don't think Brailsford knows that Froome could win this solo,.no team needed.
Of course he could, depending on how the race unfolded. It would still have been a huge risk. Hell, forget about rival attacks - one puncture and it could have been bye-bye.

buckle said:
http://www.independent.ie/sport/kimmage/day-12-of-paul-kimmages-tour-de-france-diary-29401411.html

Surprised the fanbois haven’t found this one as Frankie Andreu has joined the club. Both come across as nice but dim.

PK’s exposure of “panem et circenses” as opposed to the more modern “pane ed acqua” (which is what he wants) is replete with irony. As the Roman empire collapsed, it was Irish scribes like himself who kept the lamp burning. They did so by retreating to monasteries rather than following the circus around which is what he is doing here. Curious to note that the entry itself has barely a comment (I think there are 3 only). PK is now even too moralistic for his fellow Irishmen and nobody is reading him.

I’m coming over all end times.

Thanks for the link. So Frankie seems to have joined the dark side too.:eek:

He seems to be telling Paul to take it easy as well. What's the world coming too, first Walsh, then Frankie, Nooooooooooooooo!:rolleyes:

ToreBear said:
Thanks for the link. So Frankie seems to have joined the dark side too.:eek:

He seems to be telling Paul to take it easy as well. What's the world coming too, first Walsh, then Frankie, Nooooooooooooooo!:rolleyes:
Frankie was never a willing crusader. He'd rather have kept quiet, but he couldn't, because Betsy wouldn't.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
hrotha said:
I don't think that's it, honestly. Leaving Froome completely isolated for so long on purpose would have been way too reckless.

Obviously the plan was for Kennaugh to stay with him but he fell into a bush. None of the other riders from Sky were capable of staying up front apart from Porte and the UCI forced him to lose time (apparently).

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
David Millar said:
"For them [Sky] it's very difficult, it's a tightrope they're walking, trying to be transparent, but also keeping their trade secrets, which are the (way they conduct their) training,"

I suspected Sky's unwillingness to come through on their promise to release bio-passport data has to do with them not wanting to reveal their trade secrets. Thanks for confirming my suspicions, Dave.

Bernie's eyesore said:
Obviously the plan was for Kennaugh to stay with him but he fell into a bush. None of the other riders from Sky were capable of staying up front apart from Porte and the UCI forced him to lose time (apparently).

NO ! this was the plan as Brailsford tell us.. 'It Looks Like We have a Race on our Hands'

But everyone who said the Tour was over will have to think twice tonight. But that's why this sport is brilliant..... "I think it's actually a good thing for the sport and for the race. People like suspense to last as long as possible.[/QUOTE]

ooooo yeh we will all have to think twice now....and we all thought Sky was on the uber juice !

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
Frankie was never a willing crusader. He'd rather have kept quiet, but he couldn't, because Betsy wouldn't.

Correct. Correct. Without Betsy insistence, the fella would have been fully in it. Lets not mistake Frank for any anti-dope crusader.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
User Guide said:
Nah, I dont think you really believe that.If it was an organised thing Porte would of dropped on the penultimate climb rather than making EBH VK PK Stannard work for him all who have been less than stellar or have crashed etc.
Doing it on his his own protecting his and his best buddys image wouldnt be beyond the warped logic of a doper though.

I believe it was concocted, a really Hollywood script. I am not sure why the Peloton is celebrating, like the way they would celebrate back in the USPS days when USPS had a bad day. Yet it was completely meaningless in the grand scheme and it is meaningless today.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I don't particularly believe yesterday was orchestrated by Sky. The peleton split. Sky had a lot of riders at the back. Maybe because of Kennaugh's crash, which happened around the time of the split. So Sky lost out and got gapped. Porte had a bad few kilometres. Which can happen. Especially at the start of a stage when he may have been a bit stiff from the day before. So nothing to support the theory that yesterday in some way clears the suspicion of the day before yet. So what next?

Well then Porte rides 40km into the wind holding the gap to the leaders. Then blew. Right.

So Sky are weaker than we thought? I don't see it. Media bull****.

As for the peleton doing cartwheels over yesterday. I don't get it. They isolated Froome for 100km and still couldn't gain any time on him. Oh joyous day. What? I would declare yesterday a disaster for everyone riding GC except Sky. Froome could ride to Paris without a team or a teamcar. His doped up team means nothing to the Alien.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
No you are mistaken. PK falling into the bush was all a ruse. Of course Kiryienka being the ultimate pro took it one step further.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
No you are mistaken. PK falling into the bush was all a ruse. Of course Kiryienka being the ultimate pro took it one step further.

You're probably right. I also get the impression that the ASO and UCI didn't like G's improved climbing ability in the Dauphine and told him to fake a broken pelvis and to finish minutes down on every stage. That said, they will make sure Froome has enough in the tank to win comfortably to take advantage of the lucrative Kenyan cycling market, massive potential there.

extra terrestial

Bernie's eyesore said:
You're probably right. I also get the impression that the ASO and UCI didn't like G's improved climbing ability in the Dauphine and told him to fake a broken pelvis and to finish minutes down on every stage. That said, they will make sure Froome has enough in the tank to win comfortably to take advantage of the lucrative Kenyan cycling market, massive potential there.

you're forgetting that froomey is hand picked for his looks alone to star as 'hero to zero'

ET pin-up extroadinaire

taking advantage of untapped extra terrestial markets

Mark L

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Frosty said:
It wasnt Kennaugh falling. They brought in an actor to do that bit, the actor then slid out of view with the real peter Kennaugh waiting in the bush to spring out;)

They should've got an actor to replace Porte, but I guess child labor laws wouldn't allow it.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
21,000 posts and not a single evidence of a single failed doping test, past or present?

lucky that this is on the internet

if it was on paper , a whole forest would have been cut for nothing :D

seriously, can someone link me a failed doping test for a Sky rider, even before riding for Sky ? would be nice, thanks!

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
EnacheV said:
21,000 posts and not a single evidence of a single failed doping test, past or present?

seriously, can someone link me a failed doping test for a Sky rider, even before riding for Sky ? would be nice, thanks!

I have a feeling you may be facing a torrent of abuse very soon.

From Lance Armstrong, Fanboy Manual Chapter 1, page 32 -How to debunk those who dont believe in miracles on the Internet

seriously, can someone link me a failed doping test for a US Postal rider, even before riding for US Postal ? would be nice, thanks!

May 26, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:

Can someone link me to a failed doping test by Valverde, Ullrich, Basso etc etc etc?

BTW what did you do your Ph.D in and did you easily get funding for it?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Hmm so all this is basically

They are winning and not failing doping tests so it must be a new drug that is not tested yet.

lucky that no trees are cut for this debate, carry on :D

it could be a new drug but there are bigger chances that is not a new drug, they got on to something (training schemes, food regimes, rest and recoup schedules, muscle therapies, there is a lot of stuff going in) that all teams will use in the next years or already using (see Movistar).

I very much doubt that BSkyB is endangering its brand with a thing that is 0.6% of their marketing spending and can blow in their face like an business atomic bomb.