• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 904 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dr. Maserati said:
No, he is not kidding. Wilfully distorting stuff would be more appropriate though.
Here are both tweets sent to Walsh and his replies.

But you also missed a key point when Walsh was discussing LA in 99 and Basson.
I don't see how the extended quotes alter the meaning or add any significant nuance to the context.

Bizarre

autologous said:
Kelly has a soft spot for Martin. Did you hear his excitement sneak out when Martin won LBL? I think he seemed underwhelmed because he was too busy muttering to himself c'mon Dan, c'mon Dan, c'mon Dan, and not wanting to get his hopes too high too early.

He seemed more baffled by Balkin's failure to send someone or even two up the road for the stage. It was on. There again the clean brigade won so everyone is happy again.:D

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
On ITV4 tonight, we were treated to a roll call of 'clean' Sky cycling experts to include David Millar, Kimmage yes Kimmage and Brailsford, who was quick to point out that there are a lot of sudo-scientist out there misinterpreting the numbers?.

So I think after all the brain-washing I can take I am going to be open minded and ask how does a rider lose so much weight, beyond his natural body shape and maintain power like Froome has? If he is clean as a rider, then what about the bikes, are they clean? To be honest I am not sure if it is all down to doping. I also felt this about the Olympic performances, as they had extra acceleration that looked to be attained with ease (in a not normal way). But in the absences of any evidence I am at a loss. Would it be far fetched of me to speculate it could be a modified version of this? http://youtu.be/wMaHEcOdT0I#aid=P81gy4HNMtw or similar new technology?

Better start coming up with answers clinic or you are going to become redundant.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Kimmage just on Irish radio said Porte's and Sky's performance was signs of encouragement as well.

But we're back now to the Walsh bashing again I see.

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Walsh says that skys bad day should stop the doping talk.Good to know, we should just forget about the Armstrong climbing the day before then:rolleyes:

Well, Froome didn't have a bad day, but most of the other sky riders did. The claim that tdf sky riders are on a doping programme, i.e that systematic doping is going on, was clearly undermined by yesterdays performance.

Froome on the other hand is a different issue.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I don't see how the extended quotes alter the meaning or add any significant nuance to the context.

It shows Walshs actual meaning, not the one people keep putting on him.

I don't agree with Walsh re Sky - but I don't see why others need to keep distorting what he says.

PK

Anyone repeating the conspiracy theories found here would sound ridiculous on TV besides PK could do with the money I guess. I haven't watched the show but it suggests to me that ITV has concerns if they've sent for Kimmage.

The real hope might be BT Sport if things turn nasty as they go head to head with Sky. In addition their CEO is joining the government via the Lords. Attacking Sky might even be a vote winner for the Tories.

Bakhjulet said:
Well, Froome didn't have a bad day, but most of the other sky riders did. The claim that tdf sky riders are on a doping programme, i.e that systematic doping is going on, was clearly undermined by yesterdays performance.

Froome on the other hand is a different issue.

I seem to remember a day in the Vosges mountains where Postal failed utterly...seem to recall that pretty vividly...

buckle said:
Anyone repeating the conspiracy theories found here would sound ridiculous on TV.

Not at all.

Maybe some of the bs hog and the like post but 1 could point out first of all that last year ITV reported that cycling was clean now (and hence Wiggins) because times were slower and therefore Froomes armstrong impression is extremely significant. If ITV wanted to play the ascent times game then they have to play it now too.

One could also point out how sky went back on their words with Lienders. One could practically read out some of Libertine Seguros's posts comparing the disparity between Sky's wild boasts about taking steps towards making cycling clean and their actual behaviour.

One could go wild on wiggo's relationship with Lance Armstrong 2009- August 2012.

Honestly i think some people from here would do far better on this show than Kimmage who is on the right lines but is missing some of the information.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
As far as the "what are they on" question goes: how many ways are there to increase your climbing speeds? EPO/variant, testosterone (increases HCT), transfusion... that's it, right? AICAR, GW501516 will not actually allow you to produce superhuman W/kg, will they?

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
2rnyc6v.png

i find it funny

taiwan said:
As far as the "what are they on" question goes: how many ways are there to increase your climbing speeds? EPO/variant, testosterone (increases HCT), transfusion... that's it, right? AICAR, GW501516 will not actually allow you to produce superhuman W/kg, will they?

The **** that nearly killed Gianetti.

Not sure if that's not testable now.

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
EnacheV said:
2rnyc6v.png

i find it funny

Look at the Movistar thread. Everyone agrees they are doping. It's just that noone is defending them like it happens with Sky. That's why the Movistar/Astana/Saxo... threads die after 6 pages...

Originally Posted by nilfen
Compare the names on the list for best times on Ax-3 Domaines. Spot the two NON-dopers on the list

1th Roberto Laiseka, Spain 22:57 (2001 - 12th stage)
2th Lance Armstrong, USA 22:59 (2001 - 12th stage)
3th Chris Froome, Great Britain 23:14 (2013 - 8th stage)
4th Jan Ullrich, Germany 23:17 (2003 - 13th stage)
5th Haimar Zubeldia, Spain 23:19 (2003 - 13th stage)
6th Jan Ullrich, Germany 23:22 (2001 - 12th stage)
7th Lance Armstrong, USA 23:24 (2003 - 13th stage)
8th Alexandre Vinokourov, Kazakhstan 23:34 (2003 - 13th stage)
9th Ivan Basso, Italy 23:36 (2003 - 13th stage)
10th Lance Armstrong, USA 23:40 (2005 - 13th stage)
11th Ivan Basso, Italy 23:42 (2005 - 13th stage)
12th Oscar Sevilla, Spain 23:45 (2001 - 12th stage)
13th Joseba Beloki, Spain 23:45 (2001 - 12th stage)
14th Denis Menchov, Russia 23:47 (2010 - 14th stage)
15th Samuel Sanchez, Spain 23:47 (2010 - 14th stage)
16th Jan Ullrich, Germany 24:00 (2005 - 13th stage)
17th Andy Schleck, Luxembourg 24:01 (2010 - 14th stage)
18th Joaquim Rodriguez, Spain 24:01 (2010 - 14th stage)
19th Robert Gesink, Holland 24:01 (2010 - 14th stage)
20th Alberto Contador, Spain 24:01 (2010 - 14th stage)
21th Jurgen van den Broeck, Belgium 24:01 (2010 - 14th stage)
22th Richie Porte, Australia 24:05 (2013 - 8th stage)
23th Levi Leipheimer, USA 24:15 (2005 - 13th stage)
24th Floyd Landis, USA 24:15 (2005 - 13th stage)
25th Iban Mayo, Spain 24:15 (2003 - 13th stage)
26th Santiago Botero, Colombia 24:19 (2001 - 12th stage)
27th Michael Boogerd, Holland 24:19 (2001 - 12th stage)
28th Alexandre Vinokourov, Kazakhstan 24:19 (2001 - 12th stage)
29th Stefano Garzelli, Italy 24:19 (2001 - 12th stage)
30th Inigo Chaureau, Spain 24:19 (2001 - 12th stage)

list from Feltet
All of the bolded riders have not officially been implicated in anything.

But all of them are riders in the midst of their careers.

Cycle Chic said:
CADEL EVANS REACTION TO STAGE 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbsOZBWiktw

Evans says it was BIZARRE several times.

Good one. Yeah, Cadel was surprised and compared last year's Sky team and how well they recovered day to day and always had someone there to help Wiggins. Froome was there everyday with Wiggo.

This year, Bizarre is right, or suspicious, your choice. Something is strange for sure.