• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 905 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
lemoogle said:
is this your first time watching cycling or something?

I picked a random tour but here is 2001's Team classification. Let's have a look at US postal please

MhhAP6j.png

To be fair the postals were 3rd after the last mountain stage. Still, I am bit surprised that Kelme led them by 34 minutes at that point.

Rubiera and Heras should have gone faster. :)

Edit: brainfade. Forgot about the Pontarlier escape. IIRC the Terminaitor was there.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I find your trolling extremely boring. At least try to make an effort

idk

i presented facts that are quite funny imo :D

99% those 22k posts are trolling material, based on the mantra "if you say it many times it becomes true" combined with "if more people say it many times it becomes even more true"

That Fromme is better than the combined Movistar?

I don't understand this, maybe i'm missing something. But yes, Froome seems better than the entire Movistar, in fact seems better than everyone till today at least.

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site

Gugashwill

BANNED
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Regarding Sky's off day, I think that there's deep understanding of the matter in DS circles.
Former and current.
It's just question will anybody dare to break omerta.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Gugashwill said:
Regarding Sky's off day, I think that there's deep understanding of the matter in DS circles.
Former and current.
It's just question will anybody dare to break omerta.

Well, why don't you? You seem to know....

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:
99% those 22k posts are trolling material, based on the mantra "if you say it many times it becomes true" combined with "if more people say it many times it becomes even more true"

You're a math phd yet you come up with this?

Most of the reason that there are 22k posts to begin with is that various incarnations of sky defenders such as yourself are in there with different variations, repeated ad nauseum, of "never tested positive" and "marginal gains" and "brits are clean".

someone like JimmyFingers almost puts your 99% figure to shame with the quantity of his postings alone.

The irony of some troll alone adding 30+ sky-defending posts in the handful of days since he has registered and then turning around and using the sheer number of posts as an attempted indictment of the forum's veracity is delicious.

But, primarily, the bs 99% generalization only demonstrates that you didn't read all of the posts. Which makes your arguments generalizing the content of said posts nothing but trollcraft.

As if the forum needed another example of your lack of substance, when you yourself admitted that you supported Armstrong until the reasoned decision.

This fact alone disqualifies you from being taken seriously.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Not to get deeper in here again. But one question: Why is everybody a troll if he is not jumping the bandwagon that Sky is doped like no one else. Really, isn´t that real trolling?!?

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
autologous said:
Kelly has a soft spot for Martin. Did you hear his excitement sneak out when Martin won LBL? I think he seemed underwhelmed because he was too busy muttering to himself c'mon Dan, c'mon Dan, c'mon Dan, and not wanting to get his hopes too high too early.

It's been 21 years guys. Think on that. 21 years. It's a long wait for some of us.

Kelly a 'little bit excited' barely covered it - For kelly to get that publically overcome requires almost a nervous breakdown!

i think Kelly is firmly in that irish camp that simply can't give in to having the hope, for fear of the heartbreak - so when you give in just a little, just a little and Dan f***ing Martin pulls it off... you're damn lucky Kelly just didn't start indiscriminately swearing on air! I can tell you now, I'm still in the doghouse for the new swearword combinations my daughter discovered on sunday!

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
martinvickers said:
It's been 21 years guys. Think on that. 21 years. It's a long wait for some of us.

Kelly a 'little bit excited' barely covered it - For kelly to get that publically overcome requires almost a nervous breakdown!

i think Kelly is firmly in that irish camp that simply can't give in to having the hope, for fear of the heartbreak - so when you give in just a little, just a little and Dan f***ing Martin pulls it off... you're damn lucky Kelly just didn't start indiscriminately swearing on air! I can tell you now, I'm still in the doghouse for the new swearword combinations my daughter discovered on sunday!

I thought it was funny when ES were showing Porte cresting the final climb 10+ minutes down and Kirby was going on about what it meant and Kelly just cut him off and started talking about the gap to Martin and how it was changing, you could tell he was invested in it.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Not to get deeper in here again. But one question: Why is everybody a troll if he is not jumping the bandwagon that Sky is doped like no one else. Really, isn´t that real trolling?!?

Like I said before there is an element who want Sky to be doping and busted in the future and throw out the troll comment when an opinion doesn't fit in with their thinking. They need the controversy to feed them and their opinions aren't worth the paper it's written on. The same old usual suspects who ruin any constructive discussion among the well informed posters around here. Just put it in one ear and out the other.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Real trolling is suggesting someone said something that they never did and making an argument out of it.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
gooner said:
Like I said before there is an element who want Sky to be doping and busted in the future and throw out the troll comment when an opinion doesn't fit in with their thinking. They need the controversy to feed them and their opinions aren't worth the paper it's written on. The same old usual suspects who ruin any constructive discussion among the well informed posters around here. Just put it in one ear and out the other.

I have to say, since i joined (2009), i learned a lot in the clinic. Some real good and informative guys over here (like RR, Alpe, BroDeal, BigBoat, etc.). Some guys who are just likeable b/c of their sense of humor/sarcasm (like Hog, Benotti, Chewbacca, etc.). But now, after LA is gone, the clinic is abused more and more by attackers/insulters who can only think black/white, you are either with me or against me (Feraless Greg as absolute No. 1). It´s no more informative, but bashing all those with a different opinion...

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
So Brailsford and Prudhomme are both saying that the hot weather after cold earlier in the season are responsible for Sky's domestiques dropping on stage 9. Bit coincidential for me. BS.

Aug 19, 2012
Visit site
"There's been a lot of debate about whether we should release power data and SRM data, but there's also a question of interpretation. Believe you me, interpreting power data is not as simple as it seems. We find a lot of variation in the data we collect ourselves and some of it is quite hard to understand, so I think it would have to be done by a panel of experts recognised by everyone as being fair and whose opinion collectively we will buy into.

"I think that would be a positive thing because then you would have people who would interpret data and give an independent, objective view, as against maybe giving the nuances of how we train or what we would consider to be some of our areas of competitive advantage."

And therein, perhaps, lies the rub. With Sky reluctant to sacrifice competitive advantage even if it means helping to dispel the innuendo that their performances have met over the past two seasons, the cycle of questioning looks likely to continue ad infinitum.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lessons-have-been-learned-says-brailsford

he's full of it......BS that is

they could start here
http://cleanprotocol.org/the-clean-protocol/how-it-works/

taiwan said:
So Brailsford and Prudhomme are both saying that the hot weather after cold earlier in the season are responsible for Sky's domestiques dropping on stage 9. Bit coincidential for me. BS.

They dropped becouse good riders in GC attack from the start. The team started with the crashes of Thomas and Stannard, so others riders had to help more than usual. It wanst a hard firs week, but anyway the TTT was demanding and after that there were two demanding stages.

Of course some rides could be afected by changes in weather, as in others teams.

Proudhomme dont refers only to SKy when talk about that

taiwan said:

All that time training at altitude in Tenerife's mild climate wasn't hot enough? :confused:Too cold at the Giro, too hot in France?

Wait, don't tell me. There will be a couple of days, like last Saturday, when the weather is just right and the aliens return. Brunyeelsford will need to coordinate with ASO on that explanation.:D

DirtyWorks said:
All that time training at altitude in Tenerife's mild climate wasn't hot enough? :confused:Too cold at the Giro, too hot in France?

Wait, don't tell me. There will be a couple of days, like last Saturday, when the weather is just right and the aliens return. Brunyeelsford will need to coordinate with ASO on that explanation.:D

I'm worried that they will just destroy the time trial and will have no need for the "Alien Resurrection".