• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1090 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hrotha said:
To be precise, they said the contaminated supplement theory wasn't particularly likely by itself, just more likely that Contador's alternative, which was enough to ban him.

It's true however that technically speaking the sentence didn't establish Contador doped, which is why I want him to be busted again, this time with something not even his biggest fan can explain away.
To be fair, I don't think any Contador fan thinks he is/was clean. I include myself in that group as well.

Give me arXe pinching Sagan anyday, at least I don't have to argue with numpties on their £3,000 replica bike, dressed in their Sky kit, to convince them he is a fool and a sham. They can work that out.

As for fans calling it 'conspiracies', y'all sound as bad if not worse than the Armstrong fans and boy were they BLIND!

Contador is a busted doper and like the rest who've been caught should NOT be allowed to race again. But using Contador and J-Rod as a smoke screen wont cut the mustard in the clinic

25.000 posts because a few UK Sky fans dressed in their kit and riding a 8000 euro Pina do not understand about pro cycling and its rules and untold secrets?

so, almost 26.000 posts and MILLION views on the Sky thread because people are trying to convince Sky fans they are wrong about their favourite team being CLEAN? :D

while OPQS and katusha or Movistar threads have way less posts and views JUST because no forum members are trying to defend them?

we know they are doping just like many others. there's something more behind this "no forgiveness" and I don't know what it is.
ok, they leave "no stone unturned" about their marginal gains, PR bullshyz and so on, so I see posters leave "no stone unturned" about ANYTHING they do.

someone today was laughing at Froome not making the top10 in Catalunya GC and blaming him about being scared by the rain "pulling a Wiggins"...
he just fell and changed his bike so no transponder on his spare bike.
people saying Stannard won Omloop because he was lucky even using the wrong tactics not waiting for EBH.
"Let's be honest, it was a tactical error that accidentally ended up positive for him."Stannard was stronger and got a deserved win.
but he is wearing a Sky jersey...

sometimes it look like people are obsessed about anything Sky do.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
pastronef said:
25.000 posts because a few UK Sky fans dressed in their kit and riding a 8000 euro Pina do not understand about pro cycling and its rules and untold secrets?

so, almost 26.000 posts and MILLION views on the Sky thread because people are trying to convince Sky fans they are wrong about their favourite team being CLEAN? :D

while OPQS and katusha or Movistar threads have way less posts and views JUST because no forum members are trying to defend them?

we know they are doping just like many others. there's something more behind this "no forgiveness" and I don't know what it is.
ok, they leave "no stone unturned" about their marginal gains, PR bullshyz and so on, so I see posters leave "no stone unturned" about ANYTHING they do.

someone today was laughing at Froome not making the top10 in Catalunya GC and blaming him about being scared by the rain "pulling a Wiggins"...
people saying Stannard won Omloop because he was lucky even using the wrong tactics not waiting for EBH.
"Let's be honest, it was a tactical error that accidentally ended up positive for him."Stannard was stronger and got a deserved win.

I'd say it's more a case of the Sky fans trying to prove that their favorite team is clean then us skeptics trying to prove to them their dirty.

Or maybe it's just the Sky fans struggling and fighting against that thought at the back of their mind that their favorite team and riders...are doping! :eek: :p

I do agree with you that some people are far to obsessed or for a better word, invested in the idea of Sky doping, but one of the big reasons there is such a prevalence of Sky threads and discussion of Sky in the clinic is because so many fans of Sky argue that their clean.

Other reasons being their dominance, their performances, their PR, and their whole we're clean/new generation/doping is in the past talk.

pastronef said:

Yeah you selectively take a few posts from people in the pro section, many of whom have nothing to do with the clinic, and use that to claim the clinic was crying about Stannard winning omloop.

I have no time for those cry babies, nor for people like you who would blame me and the clinic for their behaviour.

ps, you forgot that another difference between Sky and the 3 teams you named is that Sky have dominated the last 2 tdfs. The other 3 teams between them have 2 podiums since 2006.

The Hitch said:
Yeah you selectively take a few posts from people in the pro section, many of whom have nothing to do with the clinic, and use that to claim the clinic was crying about Stannard winning omloop.

I have no time for those cry babies, nor for people like you who would blame me and the clinic for their behaviour.

ps, you forgot that another difference between Sky and the 3 teams you named is that Sky have dominated the last 2 tdfs. The other 3 teams between them have 2 podiums since 2006.

I wasn't saying the Clinic was crying about Stannard. I was noticing how Stan win had been seen by some posters
and, my bad, I forgot to add Astana and Saxo-Tinkoff to the other 3 teams.

it seems I am not allowed to notice this eccess of blame on anything they do, It looks like even if I agree with all saying they dope, it's not enough for the clinic. and I am put in the category of cry-babies because I am not linientreu to the clinic's point of view of Sky being the evil force that must be erased from the peloton. wow.

maybe, if and when they fall hard and fold, and untold truths will come out, I'll understand how wrong I was when I cheered for Swifty's podium in Sanremo or Stan's Omloop win...

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Afrank said:
I'd say it's more a case of the Sky fans trying to prove that their favorite team is clean then us skeptics trying to prove to them their dirty.

Or maybe it's just the Sky fans struggling and fighting against that thought at the back of their mind that their favorite team and riders...are doping! :eek: :p

Without going back through the entire thread, would the ratio of posts challenging Michelle Cound's VO2 max and parasite views, to those supporting her, be a good test of your hypothesis?*

If not, how do you suggest the formidable data mining prowess of our posters be directed?

*We can discount the embarrassing pubescent misogynistic posts

Dear Wiggo said:
Wrong. Willy nilly means "all over the place". It is in fact very rare and very unusual. No indication was given how it manifested, so we don't know its type, nor how he got it.

We do know
* soigneurs have in the past been known to inject themselves with their own concoctions
* Txema knew David Millar and David considered him a friend at the time he was caught with EPO by the French police
* Txema worked with David and became good friends with him at Saunier Duval, where Ricco et al got popped
* Sky had a crap 2010
* half the team had already dropped out of the race - in the first week, due to a mystery virus
* bad blood transfusions lead to the same symptoms the riders were apparently experiencing (doping gone bad)
* the death lead to the hiring of a doping doctor
* despite having a virus decimating the team, they pulled out due to their carer's death, not for fear of transmitting the "virus" to the rest of the peloton

A single type of cancer is 7 times more likely than the scepticemia you claimed was not rare.

Whilst I would not immediately link cancer to doping, Dr Michele Ferrari is allegedly said to be concerned that the doping regime he put Lance on lead to Lance's cancer. HgH and EPO are in fact good at producing cancer in users.
Excellent post. Sounds plausible. I have always thought there was more to this story. Anything Lance was involved in pales to stuff like this.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
Wrong. Willy nilly means "all over the place". It is in fact very rare and very unusual. No indication was given how it manifested, so we don't know its type, nor how he got it.

We do know
* soigneurs have in the past been known to inject themselves with their own concoctions
* Txema knew David Millar and David considered him a friend at the time he was caught with EPO by the French police
* Txema worked with David and became good friends with him at Saunier Duval, where Ricco et al got popped
* Sky had a crap 2010
* half the team had already dropped out of the race - in the first week, due to a mystery virus
* bad blood transfusions lead to the same symptoms the riders were apparently experiencing (doping gone bad)
* the death lead to the hiring of a doping doctor
* despite having a virus decimating the team, they pulled out due to their carer's death, not for fear of transmitting the "virus" to the rest of the peloton

DW, I get what you're implying.

This isn't the first time this distasteful cr@p has been insinuated in this instance. I'm amazed more posters don't pull this nonsense up and you can still do it even if you think Sky are doped to the gills.

This is a low life baseless interpretation.

diorgen said:
Excellent post. Sounds plausible. I have always thought there was more to this story. Anything Lance was involved in pales to stuff like this.

Yeah, excellent post. You endorsing it says more about you than anything else.

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
gooner said:
DW, I get what you're implying.

This isn't the first time this distasteful cr@p has been insinuated in this instance. I'm amazed more posters don't pull this nonsense up and you can still do it even if you think Sky are doped to the gills.

This is a low life baseless interpretation.

I look forward to you refuting a single point in that post.

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

Is everybody fair game?

A guy who worked on lower rungs of a pro-cycling team dies. You associate his name with a speculative doping scandal. On the internet. Let's hope nobody who cared for him comes across your casual character association.

Stomach-churning.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:

I look forward to you confirming what you just posted. The onus is on you to prove what you distastefully implied with regards to his death.

I'll start:

We do know

Tell me how you know this with Txema Gonzalez.

Digger said:
Correct - I think what people forget is how careless and open lance was about his doping. So many knew, because he didn't make much of an effort to hide it.

In a general level, not related to sky here, the word is that doping these days is similar but much more secret, cut throat, back stabbing than before.

So either it is "careless and open" or "more secret". These are not similar.

Will you please explain what a modern 2014 doping programme is, including costs etc. and all the logistics involved for those of us who have not been given the "word".

Thanks

P.S. perhaps send the details to the UCI as well to help them nail Team Sky!

Dear Wiggo said:
When he was doping during his time at Cofidis, Millar was living in the Basque country and was advised on his EPO usage by the Euskatel team doctor Jesus Losa. At that time Millar first met with Txema Gonzalez who was a friend and colleague of Losa. So the friendly relationship between Txema and David started in trouble waters.
After Ricco got popped Saunier Duval almost ceased and Millar introduced Txema to Brailsford via his sister because Millar and Brailsford are also good friends. So it didn't ring a bell when Millar introduced him a soigneur he met from Euskatel at a time the whole team was blood doping big time ...
Brailsford didn't want soigneurs on board because they were dodgy so, according to Walsh, he named the position at team SKY "carer".
However when he launched team SKY he recruited soigneurs mostly coming from Riis's CSC-Saxo, Barloworld, Saunier Duval... not the cleanest environments.
Brailsford has always been very very naïve when it comes to doping. Almost to naïve...

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
:(

^ DW throws a dead man under the bus and you reverse back over him just to make sure. Classy. I'd have more respect for this bile if it was applied to people who could defend themselves.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Ventoux Boar said:
^ DW throws a dead man under the bus and you reverse back over him just to make sure. Classy. I'd have more respect for this bile if it was applied to people who could defend themselves.

Sky dont come out of Txema's death clean, Brailsford used his death as an excuse to hire Leinders. Bet Txema's family like that association.

TRENDING THREADS