• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1135 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
And you shouldn´t, if you ignore the context of my post completely....
Seriously what´s your aim of your post? That I jump the bandwaggon, and thus being welcomed to all the yes-men in here?

del1962 said:
So one person makes a comment about LeMond, and it becomes plural, no wonder you have some problems with your thought process

You may want to check your own processes, as that's far from the only absurd "exactly what Armstrong supporters said" type of comment made by Sky fans on this and many other threads. This discussion of Sky has been going on for quite a while now, and over time the blinders crew really has hit all the high points. The Lemond bit was just priceless though. Really top stuff.

We've apparently moved out of the "They can't be doping" stage to the "If my guys are dirty so is everyone else" stage of denial. Good times.

red_flanders said:
You may want to check your own processes, as that's far from the only absurd "exactly what Armstrong supporters said" type of comment made by Sky fans on this and many other threads. This discussion of Sky has been going on for quite a while now, and over time the blinders crew really has hit all the high points. The Lemond bit was just priceless though. Really top stuff.

We've apparently moved out of the "They can't be doping" stage to the "If my guys are dirty so is everyone else" stage of denial. Good times.

I think that is more the pysche of some Mericans on this board, which is why the spend some much effort accusing Sky

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Oh. My. Gawd. While it's true that the Sky and USPS comparisons get strained at times, their fans are EXACTLY the same.

So great.

I mean I gave up on you, but to clarify to others:
I AM NO SKY FAN...

And for you (again)... if you say circumstancial evidence is evidence, it is. But if the clinic hero gets touched, it´s not. I have written about Lemond having also unusal results (crazy up and downs after his accident), different obscure illnesses, and the usual life threatening event that seems to be necessary to come back from deathbed to become the greatest.
I do not doubt about Lemond being a great talent. But i have my doubts after his comeback, especially when I carefully read old articles in DER SPIEGEL (a non yellow press magazine, respected greatly in Germany, at least back then). They are eye opening in hindsight.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
I think that is more the pysche of some Mericans on this board, which is why the spend some much effort accusing Sky

No it´s worse than that. It´s my doper (CH) rides more beautiful and is more likeable, and yours (to Froome/Sky fans) is the worst, re starting the dope arms race, etc. It´s all so grotesque... Really it happened exactly like this...

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I AM NO SKY FAN...

...MY ONLY PURPOSE IN THIS THREAD IS TO TROLL Y'ALL

We got it. You're just trying to add 'balance'. It doesn't really matter what you think or what others does, you are just saying the opposite of the majority without an opinion of your own.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
And you shouldn´t, if you ignore the context of my post completely....
Seriously what´s your aim of your post? That I jump the bandwaggon, and thus being welcomed to all the yes-men in here?

You made a post trying to show Froome was not an extreme example of coming from nowhere and others were worse but you left out his DQ for hanging onto motorbikes on Italian mountains which shows how far Froome has come, from hanging onto motorbikes to beating doped times on mountains. That really is some jump in performance. Froome is a doper and Sky are a doping team.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:
We got it. You're just trying to add 'balance'. It doesn't really matter what you think or what others does, you are just saying the opposite of the majority without an opinion of your own.

bla... I can´t help you to read or understand, but I made my position clear, more than once.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
You made post trying to show Froome was not an extreme example of coming from nowhere and others were worse but you left out his DQ for hanging onto motorbikes on Italian mountains which shows how far Froome has come, from hanging onto motorbikes to beating doped times on mountains.

Yes, and I left out all the WDs of Armstrong, Wiggins, and who else, the incidents when Mauri cheated over the mountains, that Moser should never been up there with Fignon, that the world is round and what else. Sorry, I didn´t want to write a book, just clarify that Froome is not the outlier of the outliers. That´s all: A simple short post to debunk another posts nonsense.
It was no big deal until... well the Sky bashers took their turn.

Benotti69 said:
That really is some jump in performance. Froome is a doper and Sky are a doping team.

I didn´t say otherwise... And that you think Froome and Sky is a team full of dopers is clear. I don´t have a problem with your opinion. Especially since you believe all top GT contenders are. A pretty straight stance.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Netserk said:

And I am a big idiot !!!

Cool to manipulate other peoples posts with insults, isn´t it?

"If you're not with us you're against us". I like this simple minds, as long they are not hurting others. And a internet forum is pretty free of getting hurt. So I like you... :p

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
You made a post trying to show Froome was not an extreme example of coming from nowhere and others were worse but you left out his DQ for hanging onto motorbikes on Italian mountains which shows how far Froome has come, from hanging onto motorbikes to beating doped times on mountains. That really is some jump in performance. Froome is a doper and Sky are a doping team.

Hmm - well the motorbike incident was when he had knee injury and was going to ditch anyway IIANM, but lets not let the truth get in the way.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I AM NO SKY FAN...

And for you (again)... if you say circumstancial evidence is evidence, it is. But if the clinic hero gets touched, it´s not. I have written about Lemond having also unusal results (crazy up and downs after his accident), different obscure illnesses, and the usual life threatening event that seems to be necessary to come back from deathbed to become the greatest.
I do not doubt about Lemond being a great talent. But i have my doubts after his comeback, especially when I carefully read old articles in DER SPIEGEL (a non yellow press magazine, respected greatly in Germany, at least back then). They are eye opening in hindsight.

That you bring Lemond into the discussion at all says it all. By doing so you've created a comparison of Sky and Lemond.

Laughable if not so sad.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Justinr said:
Hmm - well the motorbike incident was when he had knee injury and was going to ditch anyway IIANM, but lets not let the truth get in the way.

of course he was, that is why he waited for the broom wagon or the team car

del1962 said:

Combining a nationalistic attack with a statement comically the opposite of what is actually going on. You must not have joined any of the various online forums when all the "Mericans" were pounding Armstrong for the last 10 years.

Oh, you must be referring to the defenders of Armstrong who now attack Sky. Oh wait, I've never seen one of those. Must have gotten that talking point from the chamois-sniffer Walsh?

In fact precious few Armstrong defenders have actually remained as active posters, let alone attack Sky. I can think of only 1 and of course the particular revisionism there is "I was never defending Armstrong". All strangely familiar.

Top it off with some WAP-text-level spelling and it's the post of the day. Strong stuff for one sentence.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I for one am looking forward to see the reactions when Roger The Dodger cranks out 450w and shreds the peloton in the tour this year.

And I must say that Im loving the prospect of Valverde joining in on the fun and going full genius.

If Froome beats 2 dopers who are going full genius and better than they have done in the past, how will skyfans explain that?

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
red_flanders said:
Combining a nationalistic attack with a statement comically the opposite of what is actually going on. You must not have joined any of the various online forums when all the "Mericans" were pounding Armstrong for the last 10 years.

Oh, you must be referring to the defenders of Armstrong who now attack Sky. Oh wait, I've never seen one of those. Must have gotten that talking point from the chamois-sniffer Walsh?

In fact precious few Armstrong defenders have actually remained as active posters, let alone attack Sky. I can think of only 1 and of course the particular revisionism there is "I was never defending Armstrong". All strangely familiar.

Top it off with some WAP-text-level spelling and it's the post of the day. Strong stuff for one sentence.

Classy. Mature adults can disagree with someones point of view without charges of apostasy. That was tribal fanaticism.

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I for one am looking forward to see the reactions when Roger The Dodger cranks out 450w and shreds the peloton in the tour this year.

And I must say that Im loving the prospect of Valverde joining in on the fun and going full genius.

If Froome beats 2 dopers who are going full genius and better than they have done in the past, how will skyfans explain that?

And if his performance isn't as good as last year will you and all the others stop yourself from crying out "there you go, big one year bad the next - must be doping" ???

TRENDING THREADS