• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1220 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
No result all season? I guess you haven't been watching!

1st National Time Trial Championships
1st Overall Tour of California
1st Stage 2 (ITT)

1st Time trial, Road World Championships

Nats and a small time race in USA really rocks the season, i mean that is legendary riding there:rolleyes: Up there with the best of them......:D

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
1st Stage 2 (ITT)

Nats and a small time race in USA really rocks the season, i mean that is legendary riding there:rolleyes: Up there with the best of them......:D

So, very good results in most of the races he's taken part in this season then? To confirm exactly the point you're arguing with

the sceptic said:
Everyone has their favourite dopers.

I don't. And I think you've been found bang to rights in this thread. If you hate Wiggins, Froome, Sky or in fact anything British in generally, good for you - but how about putting a sock in it for once, because your hypocrisy in these threads (and your 'outrage' at their doped results) is comical

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
1st Stage 2 (ITT)

1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Team Sky 23:18:27
2 Rohan Dennis (Aus) Garmin Sharp 0:00:44
3 Taylor Phinney (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:52
4 Eloy Teruel Rovira (Spa) Jamis - Hagens Berman 0:01:08
5 Jesse Sergent (NZl) Trek Factory Racing 0:01:11

Always helps to look at the facts rather than your own biased opinions. That's an even more impressive performance than today's but apparently counts as 'a no result'. He only took 13 seconds more out of Dennis today over an extra 27km.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
1 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Team Sky 23:18:27
2 Rohan Dennis (Aus) Garmin Sharp 0:00:44
3 Taylor Phinney (USA) BMC Racing Team 0:00:52
4 Eloy Teruel Rovira (Spa) Jamis - Hagens Berman 0:01:08
5 Jesse Sergent (NZl) Trek Factory Racing 0:01:11

Always helps to look at the facts rather than your own biased opinions. That's an even more impressive performance than today's but apparently counts as 'a no result'. He only took 13 seconds more out of Dennis today over an extra 27km.

Yeah and what did UCI test for at ToC? The devil is in the detail ;) Always helpful......

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Yeah and what did UCI test for at ToC? The devil is in the detail ;) Always helpful......

You just agreed with someone who said he had done nothing all year and now you are saying his performance in California was massively suspicious. Make your mind up.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
BradCantona said:
So, very good results in most of the races he's taken part in this season then? To confirm exactly the point you're arguing with

Where is ToC ranked in terms of races to get good results?

How about Nats TTs?

Why dont you compare Tony Martins TT results this year with Wiggins;)

Tour de France
1st Stages 9 & 20 (ITT)
Held after Stage 9
Combativity award Stages 9 & 10
Vuelta a España
1st Stage 10 (ITT)

Those are prestigious results in cycling terms.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
You just agreed with someone who said he had done nothing all year and now you are saying his performance in California was massively suspicious. Make your mind up.

Wiggins prior to 2009, a journey man road pro........mind made up. After then Wiggins the GT winner, top 3 TTer in the world.......big tme charlie doper. Mind made up.

You believe that Wiggins can race clean and beat dopers if you want, i live in the real world.

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

How about Nats TTs?

Those are prestigious results in cycling terms.

1 Adriano Malori (Ita) Movistar Team 0:10:13
2 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:06
3 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:11
4 Tony Martin (Ger) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team 0:00:15
5 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Shimano 0:00:19

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Wiggins prior to 2009, a journey man road pro........mind made up. After then Wiggins the GT winner, top 3 TTer in the world.......big tme charlie doper. Mind made up.

You believe that Wiggins can race clean and beat dopers if you want, i live in the real world.

When did I say he is clean? You're just making stuff up now.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Bernie's eyesore said:
1 Adriano Malori (Ita) Movistar Team 0:10:13
2 Fabian Cancellara (Swi) Trek Factory Racing 0:00:06
3 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Team Sky 0:00:11
4 Tony Martin (Ger) Omega Pharma - Quick-Step Cycling Team 0:00:15
5 Tom Dumoulin (Ned) Team Giant-Shimano 0:00:19

all i see are the names of 5 dopers.

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
the sceptic said:
I dont like Wiggins and think he is a total fraud. Deal with it.

Everyone has their favourite dopers. You too. The difference is that I dont try to fool myself into thinking any of them are cleans.

You speak about "a horrible day for clean cycling" and then talk about having favourite dopers at the same time.

You're digging.

Lets face it, your "horrible day for clean cycling" seems to only apply to British/Sky riders.

gooner said:
You speak about "a horrible day for clean cycling" and then talk about having favourite dopers at the same time.

You're digging.

Lets face it, your "horrible day for clean cycling" seems to only apply to British/Sky riders.

It's all become a bit tedious again. Hasn't it.

A question for you Gooner, why is it, in your opinion, given the diverse nationalities of posters on here including some close rivalries, is there so much anti Brit posting in the Sky/Wiggins/Froome threads?

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
gooner said:

You're digging.

And your defence of obvious dopers only applies to brits.

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:

How about Nats TTs?

All very well in good, but you were responding to the claim he hasn't had results this year. Clearly he has. Maybe if he hadn't been barred from grand tours due to team mate issues, he might even have had more

ferryman said:
It's all become a bit tedious again. Hasn't it.

A question for you Gooner, why is it, in your opinion, given the diverse nationalities of posters on here including some close rivalries, is there so much anti Brit posting in the Sky/Wiggins/Froome threads?

I think it's pretty poor form to suggest it's anti-Brit. I favor them if anything, personally. I'm sure that applies to most English speakers.

TRENDING THREADS