• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1280 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Fzotrlool said:
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/sick_froome_out_of_tirreno-adriatico/

Out of again with "sickness" this time of the year. Bad blood values? He did the exactly same thing last year.
I'd think bad blood values is unlikely as they could have found out before the race and entered someone else. Pulling Froome like this can't be seen as good for Sky.

Opinion: He's either sick, has a personal issue or there's something big in the pipeline (which I truly don't think, if only...).

May 26, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Kennaugh didn't start Strade and apparently won't start Tirreno either. Still glowing?

Not wanting to risk the Italians remember his comment about not being tested on Tenerife as he was leaving the island while Nibali was going to be there for another week

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Franklin said:
I'd think bad blood values is unlikely as they could have found out before the race and entered someone else. Pulling Froome like this can't be seen as good for Sky.

Opinion: He's either sick, has a personal issue or there's something big in the pipeline (which I truly don't think, if only...).

I personally think it could be a combination of those three spiced up with extreme weight loss methods. The fact that Kennaugh is out too seems very odd to me.

It's almost a deja-vu from last year.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
We have five sick people at work too, all from one room. And I'd imagine they have a lot less contact than those pro's who drive around in groups, spit/sniff/share bottles/eat together/share rooms. This is considering we stilll have an official Flue epidemic. Absence numbers are of the scale in every sector of the economy.

I'm not having a shred of faith in Froome being "clean", so don't see this is as some silly git defending Sky. Just saying that a chest infection at this time of year isn't exactly a smoking gun. Heck, even if half a team would be reported as having the flue it would not be beyond belief (though I would be EXTREMELY interested in that story^^).

I could be wrong of course, so we will see if something develops.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Franklin said:
We have five sick people at work too, all from one room. And I'd imagine they have a lot less contact than those pro's who drive around in groups, spit/sniff/share bottles/eat together/share rooms. This is considering we stilll have an official Flue epidemic. Absence numbers are of the scale in every sector of the economy.

I'm not having a shred of faith in Froome being "clean", so don't see this is as some silly git defending Sky. Just saying that a chest infection at this time of year isn't exactly a smoking gun. Heck, even if half a team would be reported as having the flue it would not be beyond belief (though I would be EXTREMELY interested in that story^^).

Others have noted Sky's sickness spin

@Spitinthesoup ? 17 minutes ago

@oufeh Keywords found on http://teamsky.com , september 2014:

Injury (982)
Illness (501)
Infection (152)
Sickness (56)
Virus (51)

Franklin said:

yup...just funny that if I'm ill it puts me back a week/ten days in terms of training...If froome is ill it's as though he were never ill as he come out the other end stronger...hell he even pummels the world TT champ when actually ill...

so no...a chest infection isn't a smoking gun (just a coincidence to add to all the others)...coming back stronger after a chest infection is and beating the world TT champ the gun is ablaze :)

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
blackcat said:
So what has come into cycling, and other sports, beyond cortisone?

Nothing?

tyler_hamilton_fractured_collarbone_1.jpg

135964606211.jpg

blackcat said:
What has entered sports?

GW501516
Aicar
Lipotropin(AOD-9604)

But GW and AICAR are detectable.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Nothing?

135964606211.jpg

AICAR afaik isn't tested for.
yes it is detecbale through a (complicated) urine test but with a controversial baseline value. And only Cologne can test for it, and it seems that the UCI under Cookson have been avoiding that lab (at least no TdF samples went there in 2013/14).
Perhaps deliebrately.
But i doubt even cologne would test for it, b/c as I said the baseline values are controversial, so a positive test would probably be easy to overturn in court.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Nothing?

135964606211.jpg

As soon the tests are available for PEDs new undetectable versions appear. There are over 100 different variations of EPO available. Not all are detectable.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
Nothing?

135964606211.jpg

but there will be some VERY LEAN people. Its on the spectrum.

see: jockeys and horseracing.

ceteris parisbus.

we have Wigans, who if a natural guy, lets say he is a storeman in London, or a wrench, he is about 191cm, and about 78 kg, doing 100 mile a week, not too many ales. only natural 20-something yo.

And Froome, a natural 100mile a week, 6 footer, 74kg. very lean.

But not jockey lean. not jockey gaunt.

with aicar and gw and lipotropin = jockey gaunt.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Tyler'sTwin said:
point is, they were NOT in existence when Tyler and Rass were in the sport.

offseason can get them coming it at 68 for Wigans and 67 for Froome and they can lost another kg simply by preparing normally for a GT.

Wigans is 6'3" and 68kg?

good grief

sounds legit

hrotha said:
Can we all agree not to post that pic of Rasmussen ever again.

Seriously.

Its disturbing, but does highlight the disordered eating referred to in the report.

Something I found odd about the CIRC report, was the suggestion that corticosteroids require TUEs.

That's clearly not the case, when used OOC, which is where they are going to be used for weight-loss.

Fzotrlool said:
http://www.cyclingquotes.com/news/sick_froome_out_of_tirreno-adriatico/

Out of again with "sickness" this time of the year. Bad blood values? He did the exactly same thing last year.

It opens him up to in-competition testing. Or, he really is just sick.

Of course, he was DNS at a one-day race last year claiming illness then went onto win a stage race, from the first stage, that started a day or two later.

The guy generates huge uncertainty.

Catwhoorg said:
Would you explain how that number was derived ?

https://wada-main-prod.s3.amazonaws...-Testing-Figures-TESTING-AUTHORITY-REPORT.pdf

Urinalysis summary page 5:
83 AAF (adverse analytical finding.)
8 OC AAF (out of competition AAF)

There's your 90-something positives either explained away with TUE's, or just not sanctioned.

148 ATF (atypical finding. Meaning whatever was found has a suspicious score, and a higher AAF score. The athlete test returned in a suspicious value range.)
And remember, the number tested per race is close to 5 individuals.

That suggests they are getting urinalysis AAF's and ATF's all the time whenever the UCI is the anti-doping authority.

On page 44 there are more interesting details, but I don't quite understand how they fit with page 5.

TRENDING THREADS