• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1311 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
do you never get bored of creating new accounts and repeating the same old trolling for the millionth time?

I get that you're upset people think sky are doping but maybe you should try to accept it and move on with your life.

Re:

the sceptic said:
do you never get bored of creating new accounts and repeating the same old trolling for the millionth time?

I get that you're upset people think sky are doping but maybe you should try to accept it and move on with your life.

i get that you're upset that people don't think sky are doping, but maybe you should try and accept it and move on with your life.

p.s. i'm not convinced either way.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Wiggo worshipping Lance is all the more odd considering Wiggo's time with Vaughters, who no doubt told him all about how bad a person Lance was, what an awful relentless doper he was.
#eyebrowraiser

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Re:

you are correct, i did meant the track and road teams. the assertion above was that the brailsford was only good at saying things which mean nothing (can't quote directly). i was pointing out that clearly that wasn't the case as he had been in charge of 2 very successful teams. whatever the crazies on here choose to read into that is up to them.
even if he did stumble into it, continuing success is evidence of competence. many a manager has taken over a successful team in any number of sports and turned them into dogsh!t within months, being able to avoid this, even if that was all he had done is evidence of competence.
and even if he is masterminding the greatest doping conspiracy ever, the fact that he has been so successful, and none of his riders have been caught, again is evidence of a very competent person.[/quote]

I would concede two points - One Brailsford is a great dealmaker and is superb at securing the funding needed to take things to another level. He is not some great team manager mastermind, he was instrumental in getting the BOC to stump up a shed load of cash and the lottery to stump a shed load more for the track team. They then suddenly start to win almost everything in sight.
He then gets the tour de france to come to the UK and gets Sky on board with a UK based team, with a ridiculous amount of funding behind it.
What promises he made we will never know but he is obviously one of the best deal makers in cycling

My second admission is that he is a PR genius in that he completely understands mass media and how to sell a story to the masses, he doesn't care about the true fan as he realises they will not be spending any more money than they already do. He wants those who have no interest in cycling to get peaked by a story and get interested and potentially go and buy a jersey or a pinarello bike,

Those are the two things DB does very very well.

Re:

The Hitch said:
Posted in the Giro thread that DA selected as his favourite rider - lance Armstrong.

Its quite interesting to me that for a team that was allegedly so anti doping and leading the cycling peloton on the anti doping front, pretty much everyone on the team from their TDF victories idolized Lance Armstrong.

Wiggins -biggest Lance fan ever.
Brailsford - modelled his team on Armstrong (even calling it UK Postal) and hired all of Lance's staff.
G Thomas - big Armstrong fan and defender. Complained that USADA should leave Lance alone.
Davide Appolinio - another Lance Armstrong fan.
JTL - another guy who selected Lance as his favourite rider.

There was also that rider, forget which one who after the reasoned decision tweeted something about Lance being a hero and DB made him go on a PR - "actually I hate Lance" Tour the next day.

Alex Dowsett

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re:

i think you mean backpedalling fast. :)
“When I was quoted saying Lance Armstrong is a legend, this was in regard to the charity work he has done.
lol
Also when I said it doesn't matter, what I mean is that we are racing clean now and it is a different sport to what it was back then.
"back then".
Good thing lance was not riding in 2008 when cav burst onto the scene and clean in 2009 when wiggo had his breakthrough.
Good chances if you hear somebody use this "now" vs. "back then" theme he's a doper himself. It's become a firm part of the new omerta.

Tommy79 said:
The Hitch said:
Posted in the Giro thread that DA selected as his favourite rider - lance Armstrong.

Its quite interesting to me that for a team that was allegedly so anti doping and leading the cycling peloton on the anti doping front, pretty much everyone on the team from their TDF victories idolized Lance Armstrong.

Brailsford - modelled his team on Armstrong (even calling it UK Postal) and hired all of Lance's staff.
G Thomas - big Armstrong fan and defender. Complained that USADA should leave Lance alone.

There was also that rider, forget which one who after the reasoned decision tweeted something about Lance being a hero and DB made him go on a PR - "actually I hate Lance" Tour the next day.

Yeah, guys who don't dope are going to suck at knowing who is doping.

so the sky guys named above didn't know lance was doping :D

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Sky

we might as well add Ms. Froome.
i remember she outed herself as a big Lance fan on some forum.

And why not add Cav:
In recent times, he has become friendly with Lance Armstrong – they met in Las Vegas last September through Cavendish's Columbia-Highroad team-mate George Hincapie and "The Boss" tweeted "cool kid" after his San Remo win.http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2009/may/10/mark-cavendish-tour-de-france-interview
later admits he was 'mesmerized' by lance
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/othersports/cycling/mark-cavendish/10428756/Mark-Cavendish-Lance-Armstrong-was-mesmeric-he-had-me-under-his-spell.html

Singer01 said:
the sceptic said:

i get that you're upset that people don't think sky are doping, but maybe you should try and accept it and move on with your life.

Most people do seem to think sky are doping though. Creating multiple accounts to argue the opposite won't suddenly mean people think they are clean.

robertmooreheadlane said:
you are correct, i did meant the track and road teams. the assertion above was that the brailsford was only good at saying things which mean nothing (can't quote directly). i was pointing out that clearly that wasn't the case as he had been in charge of 2 very successful teams. whatever the crazies on here choose to read into that is up to them.
even if he did stumble into it, continuing success is evidence of competence. many a manager has taken over a successful team in any number of sports and turned them into dogsh!t within months, being able to avoid this, even if that was all he had done is evidence of competence.
and even if he is masterminding the greatest doping conspiracy ever, the fact that he has been so successful, and none of his riders have been caught, again is evidence of a very competent person.

I would concede two points - One Brailsford is a great dealmaker and is superb at securing the funding needed to take things to another level. He is not some great team manager mastermind, he was instrumental in getting the BOC to stump up a shed load of cash and the lottery to stump a shed load more for the track team. They then suddenly start to win almost everything in sight.
He then gets the tour de france to come to the UK and gets Sky on board with a UK based team, with a ridiculous amount of funding behind it.
What promises he made we will never know but he is obviously one of the best deal makers in cycling

My second admission is that he is a PR genius in that he completely understands mass media and how to sell a story to the masses, he doesn't care about the true fan as he realises they will not be spending any more money than they already do. He wants those who have no interest in cycling to get peaked by a story and get interested and potentially go and buy a jersey or a pinarello bike,

Those are the two things DB does very very well.[/quote]

He's definitely not a pr genius. People are too eager to throw that word around. Smart, sure, effective yes, but genius is another level all together. All brailsford has done has been to copy all the same extremely obvious arguments from lance and others.

Never tested positive. Train harder than everyone else. Spin higher cadence. Etc.

There is nothing "genius" about any of those. Nothi h genius about copying the basic tactics that everyone used before.

Avoriaz said:
The Hitch said:

Alex Dowsett

Thank you.

Re:

The Hitch said:

Since this post has been replied to a few times without criticism why has no one pointed out the two major lies in it?

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Sky are all about finding 'marginal gains' they tell us!

Well they now use continental tubulars, due to their wet weather capability, but they dont use the 'professional' version, which give a better rolling resistance.....

See how much a smoke screen this attention to detail and squeezing every possible gain out of every thing is.

http://www.steephill.tv/players/youtube3/?title=Chasing+Marginal+Gains+–+Bike+Tech+At+The+2015+Giro+D'Italia&dashboard=giro-d-italia&id=GhhrXyZu1DM&yr=2015

May 2, 2010
Visit site
On marginal gains/losses ... A bad disposition can go a loooong way. Further than any breathaliser or beef steak.
As for today's Giro stage...

COMPARE:

SKY'S TACTICS = douchebaggery at its finest.
PORTE = defeated, whining, NON-STOP COMPLAINING.
CONTADOR = always fights back. NO COMPLAINTS.

Did anyone else see how AC jumped up from the ground as soon as he crashed? Did anyone see how one of his teammates (don't know who he was) zigzagged his way through all the casualties just to dash towards Alberto and lend him his bike? Took me three replays to perceive it, but it was an awesome move. No needs to ask for help to other teams.

The Hitch said:
Singer01 said:
the sceptic said:

Most people do seem to think sky are doping though. Creating multiple accounts to argue the opposite won't suddenly mean people think they are clean.

Most people HERE seem to think Sky are doping: this isn't the normal world

coinneach said:
The Hitch said:
Singer01 said:
the sceptic said:

You are correct.
My experience of the normal world outside of Britain is that everyone thinks Sky are doping. While here it's only most.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

coinneach said:
The Hitch said:
Singer01 said:
the sceptic said:

Most people in the NORMAL world think cyclists dope, all of them. They probably are not wrong.

Benotti69 said:
coinneach said:
The Hitch said:
Singer01 said:
the sceptic said:

Most people in the NORMAL world think cyclists dope, all of them. They probably are not wrong.

They are probably wrong, but right to be suspicious about procycling, but that is perhaps what you meant anyway?

TRENDING THREADS