• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1406 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

thehog said:
Mr.White said:
Now when everybody is warned about moto-doping, Sky and Poels can go full gas.. :mad:

It would be preferred if other teams didn't race so it could be a Sky Super Series. They could race themselves in a never ending race of marginal gains.

:D
yesterday I thought -oh seeing Poels winning would be nice tomorrow-
et voila´ ,today twitter and the clinic are much fun
:p

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
from a ZTP pov, the signing of Poels and Intxausti never made much sense either.
well, two of many Sky signings that make no sense, unless your aim is to recruit obvious dopers.

Re:

sniper said:
from a ZTP pov, the signing of Poels and Intxausti never made much sense either.
well, two of many Sky signings that make no sense, unless your aim is to recruit obvious dopers.

Was the ZT policy ever written down somewhere or even published what it actually is? Does anyone know?

Or is it the ZFP?

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
Re:

sniper said:

I'm not going to argue with whether or not Poels is clean, because I don't believe that. However, I have a feeling that you retroactively altered your opinion of Poels after he got signed by Sky. I mean, he wasn't the most obvious doper in his pre-Sky era (although I doubt he was clean).

In fact, if you search the clinic for Poels in the time period before he entered Sky (pre-2015), then he isn't one that is often mentioned and his performances are rated as good, but not not full ***. I think that now he's riding for Sky, you're recollection is biased towards "he was always going full ***".

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

WillemS said:
sniper said:

I'm not going to argue with whether or not Poels is clean, because I don't believe that. However, I have a feeling that you retroactively altered your opinion of Poels after he got signed by Sky. I mean, he wasn't the most obvious doper in his pre-Sky era (although I doubt he was clean).

In fact, if you search the clinic for Poels in the time period before he entered Sky (pre-2015), then he isn't one that is often mentioned and his performances are rated as good, but not not full ***. I think that now he's riding for Sky, you're recollection is biased towards "he was always going full ***".
fair points.
My point was more about Sky: I just don't understand why Sky are recruiting riders who've already ridden for extremely dodgy pro-teams with doctors who, if not for the weak-balled UCI, would have their licenses removed long ago.
There is a huge amateur and continental pool to draw talents from.
Sky could do some scouting and invest in possibly clean talent. They could at least pretend.

Re: Sky

I quote from another thread

LaFlorecita said:
I feel like I've explained my position many times already but oh well.
I don't dislike Sky because (I think) they dope. I dislike them because of their dominance, their massive hypocrisy, their lies, their bullying and because they are an insult my intelligence and take the fans for fools.

why so many people are bothered with what the other fans and public think and see?
aren´t we intelligent enough or have enough info not to let any team take US for fools?
why the ***** everybody is so interested about the poor fans who are taken for fools?
forget them!
dont care for the poor fool fans we do not EVEN know. they are not here in the Clinic.
if your intelligence in insulted by team Sky, well, there´s something wrong.
follow the circus that is pro cycling, enjoy it, criticize it, and please let them poor fool fans fend for themselves. you dont need them and they dont need you.
the fools maybe do not even exist. you see fans and think they fools. in a few years BSkyB will stop the sponsorship and voila´, the show will go on in a different way.
the fool fans never needed salvation, never asked for.
stop caring.

Re:

dacooley said:
Why No one wants to drop a personal bias for a little While and try to elaborate rationally Why the old school doper bertie should win the big races , not New wave dopers from Sky should?
Technically i don't even belong here, but let me try to have a small dig at that one. Everyone is (was, from some time, and will be) doping, to various extends (Lemond and Hinault too). I think it's about the race itself. Sky isn't very renowed for bold, unforgiving riding - equals to crowd winning type of racing - while oldschool dopers like mentioned Bertie or Nibali, Aru have tendency to animate the races they are in and because that they've bigger fan base. So theoretically it is a personal bias, because everyone like different type of racing/champion but i don't think it's about clinic, just about the race itself.

I think i would love it to be just about race itself, but Sky sometimes have a shady PR and apparently some closer links with UCI than they're supposed to have. That can be another reason why someone prefers Contador, who most of the time is quiet or just whispers about stuff rather than Sky, who is shouting out loud that they're not doping. I don't think a lot of people likes loud and forced propaganda that is leaky enough to not cover its holes from people. It's not that only Sky is doing that, but they're the loudest one.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
please, lets reserve the three letter initial acronym and the little appellation for Richie Porte. LRP. exclusive monopoly for LRP. Cos lets face it, LRP gonna win nuffin, atleast allow him some exclusivity and rights over the acronym.

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site

dwyatt said:
"Alberto Contador is an anti doping hero"
but he is. Just ask Walsh.
Alberto Contador was on his knees in the mountains. Reasonable to believe he is racing last phase of his career clean.
https://twitter.com/DavidWalshST/status/625231446412820480

Assuming he's been riding clean in the last two-three years, that would make him one of the greatest of modern cycling history. Let's say the second greatest behind Chris "five diseases, six doctors" Froome.

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site

sniper said:
dwyatt said:
Alberto Contador was on his knees in the mountains. Reasonable to believe he is racing last phase of his career clean.

Assuming he's been riding clean in the last two-three years, that would make him one of the greatest of modern cycling history. Let's say the second greatest behind Chris "five diseases, six doctors" Froome.

The death knell for any cyclist these days, support from walsh :p

Nah Chris is nothing compared to the great Alberto, Chris never won a grand tour on a broken leg with 2 weeks of preparation, that's the mark of a true champion there, reminded me of an Ullrich's 1999 win, also with very little preparation

sniper said:
dwyatt said:

Omg Walsh :eek: