• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Team Ineos (Formerly the Sky thread)

Page 1408 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
Re: Sky

Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:
Dear Wiggo said:
pastronef said:
I quote from another thread

LaFlorecita said:
I feel like I've explained my position many times already but oh well.
I don't dislike Sky because (I think) they dope. I dislike them because of their dominance, their massive hypocrisy, their lies, their bullying and because they are an insult my intelligence and take the fans for fools.

why so many people are bothered with what the other fans and public think and see?

Flo did not say other fans.

Flo is a fan.

Sky ask Flo to believe them.

Flo looks at Sky claims and general race etc evidence and says, "WTF are you fcking kidding me goddamnit gimme a puppy pic, stat!" Better make it animated.

The fans are the people who are not Sky narrative swallowers. They are the ones Flo dislikes Sky taking for fools. The ones with their eyes open.

Not other fans.

Sky dont ASK
Sky cast their narrative and so on
if someone dont like it and knows it´s bullshyz, should not be bothered with that. ignore that, instead of getting angry or crying wolf or being bothered about the FANS intelligence.
I said OTHER, meaning fans that are not ME or FLO (since I quoted Flo´s post)

but that´s my subjective view on the matter.

Cool goalpost shifting.

pastronef said:
I really dont know where you want to go

I'll break it down for you this once, coz I think you're trying to work out what's going on.

Flo says: Sky take the fans for fools (the fans, not "their" fans)
You respond: why so many people are bothered with what the other fans ... think and see
I clarify for Flo: not other fans, just fans in general

Instead of going huh my bad, I made a mistake, you rejoin with

You respond: Sky don't ask the fans.

Yeah no worries. That wasn't the point. Sky think people are fools. You can try to argue that as well but I already ignored you.

Dear Wiggo said:
Yeah no worries. That wasn't the point. Sky think people are fools. You can try to argue that as well but I already ignored you.

so I think it is down to

people who are angry and bothered by that
people who dont care and dont get angry about that

I am in the latter group.
it's entertaiment at the end of the day

now I'll go watch Oman Algarve Andalucia and enjoy the racing
ciao

Feb 14, 2016
Visit site

MartinGT said:
Just caught up with the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana. Poels spinning like the Dawg as if there is a motor in there.

Matt Stephens just going on about cadance. Just a total joke.

Can't really blame matt stephens can you surely? What did you expect him to say? If he says someone is on drugs without proof he will get sued and lose his job.

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site

whynotme101 said:
MartinGT said:
Just caught up with the Volta a la Comunitat Valenciana. Poels spinning like the Dawg as if there is a motor in there.

Can't really blame matt stephens can you surely? What did you expect him to say? If he says someone is on drugs without proof he will get sued and lose his job.

Matt lost out on a decent pro career due to people taking drugs but I guess realises that he needs to stick with the program if he is going to make a career as a pundit. It must depress him having to PA at the Zwift gigs where everyone is blowing smile up Jens Voights arse when he was 10 times the rider Jens was.

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site

bobbins said:
whynotme101 said:
MartinGT said:

Matt lost out on a decent pro career due to people taking drugs but I guess realises that he needs to stick with the program if he is going to make a career as a pundit. It must depress him having to PA at the Zwift gigs where everyone is blowing smile up Jens Voights arse when he was 10 times the rider Jens was.

By what measure was he ten times the rider? Strength, speed, endurance, tactical ability, bike handling? I'm just interested to know what it is that Herr Voigt could have been doing or taking that would have made a ten fold increase in his ability, as he obviously must have been to beat somebody ten times better.

whynotme101 said:
MartinGT said:

Didn't deter Schlanger and Gogulski when they shamelessly immediately implied that a Quintana itt win on a hilly course came out of nowhere and should be looked at with skepticism and doubt in regards to his having done it clean. They faced no punishment and have been commentating continuously since.

Re:

fmk_RoI said:
Did Sky off former RUSADA boss Nikita Kamaev - on gardening leave from UCI Anti-Doping Commission - after David Walsh revealed to them Kamaev's plans to co-write with him a kiss-and-tell book about doping cover-ups?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/21/russian-anti-doping-nikita-kamayev-planned-book-allegedly
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1670351.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2016_02_21 (£)
Only if you first eliminate not only natural causes (?) but also all more likely suspects in his Mother country.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

wrinklyvet said:
fmk_RoI said:
Did Sky off former RUSADA boss Nikita Kamaev - on gardening leave from UCI Anti-Doping Commission - after David Walsh revealed to them Kamaev's plans to co-write with him a kiss-and-tell book about doping cover-ups?

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2016/feb/21/russian-anti-doping-nikita-kamayev-planned-book-allegedly
http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/sport/article1670351.ece?CMP=OTH-gnws-standard-2016_02_21 (£)
Only if you first eliminate not only natural causes (?) but also all more likely suspects in his Mother country.

Q. The person who would lose the most from a Kamayev tell all ?

A. Coe.

Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
fmk_RoI said:

A. Coe.

Not Sky after all then - that's a relief. Thanks for that small comfort.

Actually "information on doping covering the last three decades since Kamayev began work for a “secret lab” in Russia" sounds much more to do with Russia to me. Whatever you think of him, I cannot believe the way in which you would refer to Coe in connection with this death. It was in bad taste to suggest Sky too, but at least that wasn't down to you.

And then again, it may just have been a heart attack. Perhaps we should leave it there.

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Re:

fmk_RoI said:

Of course, because when you help plot a murder, every self-respecting murderer then publishes the hitherto unknown and unknowable motive for that murder in a national newspaper - owned by the murderers! Given that it's Walsh who broke the news Kamayev was planning a book in the first place, and a Murdoch-owned company which published that story, I feel there's a slight logical flaw in your chain of events.

LaFlorecita said:
JRanton said:
Now the children's doping hero has got his first win this thread should be a lot quieter for a while.
You just ensured it won't be quiet.

yes, it was nice to see Dylan Thomas win Algarve, I am sure that all children are happy. Just some older blocks who also rememeber the famous Postal era haven't enjoyed it so much.

I am actually wondering what's Landa's and Kwiat's season gonna be like. Usually pre-sky donkeys are solid - for example Porte, pre-sky tragic donkeys are extremely solid: Froome, track riders are GCs - Wiggins, but who was top before is suffering: Cavendish. It's not enough examples though and also I believe that Landa had simply a magic season in 2015, that's all. But still if they both fail, I would really like to hear a scientific explanation.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

wrinklyvet said:
Benotti69 said:
wrinklyvet said:
fmk_RoI said:

A. Coe.

Not Sky after all then - that's a relief. Thanks for that small comfort.

Actually "information on doping covering the last three decades since Kamayev began work for a “secret lab” in Russia" sounds much more to do with Russia to me. Whatever you think of him, I cannot believe the way in which you would refer to Coe in connection with this death. It was in bad taste to suggest Sky too, but at least that wasn't down to you.

And then again, it may just have been a heart attack. Perhaps we should leave it there.

Coe is head of the IAAF an incredibly lucrative position to be in. Kamayev would have undermined that totally.

Kamayev may have had info on teamsky or may not. He may have been 'associated' with Makarov and known things or he may not. The trouble with professional sport is it so murky......

TRENDING THREADS